hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lawell only has one aim which is to increase the dominance of Celtic.So he’s lining up his sychophants .
    Lawell is right about the SFA though. The question is would you prefer the status quo to prevail because you distrust his motives. If not the "move on" statement may well have significantly reduced our influence on the final outcome of any change. Aberdeen are in the same boat.

By publicly naming individuals within the SFA Lowell is showing he wants to build a coalition and we're standing on the wrong side. In what way could he increase Celtics dominance? That's a serious question btw. I'm pushed to see how he could make the SFA any worse.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    John Collins anyone?

Definitely not an sfa favourite (due to his criticism of youth training and structure) but just what we need imho

Give him the control to help restructure the footballing landscape from the ground up
    I had said about him few months back after we got put out the qualifiers, he was on sky sports after the game saying about giving the up and coming players a chance, should maybe stick bit money on him incase

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Lawell is right about the SFA though. The question is would you prefer the status quo to prevail because you distrust his motives. If not the "move on" statement may well have significantly reduced our influence on the final outcome of any change. Aberdeen are in the same boat.

By publicly naming individuals within the SFA Lowell is showing he wants to build a coalition and we're standing on the wrong side. In what way could he increase Celtics dominance? That's a serious question btw. I'm pushed to see how he could make the SFA any worse.
    I thought at the time that the move on statement was the wrong choice for Hibs morally and in the long run commercially as well. I could not see any benefit for us as a club standing with the bad guys. It now looks like it is going to cost Petrie personally and Hibs through loss of influence at the SFA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm by no means a massive fan of Rod Petrie and his ability to grasp the football side of the business however is Keith Jackson and co playing this out to ensure that the SFA remains in Glasgow. Absolutely nothing would surprise me and the Walter Smith story seems manufactured and with very little substance, yet it paints RP and McRae as dithering idiots which suits the narrative that they should be removed.

What could Keith Jackson possibility get out of this....I'd hazard a guess that he would like to see more Rangers minded people on the Board and ones that want International games to remain in Glasgow. This is his big opportunity and he and his cohorts aren't letting this one go.

Perhaps Celtic still think that Parkhead should host international games and this is PL's way of making sure that the Board members that think otherwise are isolated?

Quote Originally Posted by StevieCowan View Post
    I'm by no means a massive fan of Rod Petrie and his ability to grasp the football side of the business however is Keith Jackson and co playing this out to ensure that the SFA remains in Glasgow. Absolutely nothing would surprise me and the Walter Smith story seems manufactured and with very little substance, yet it paints RP and McRae as dithering idiots which suits the narrative that they should be removed.

What could Keith Jackson possibility get out of this....I'd hazard a guess that he would like to see more Rangers minded people on the Board and ones that want International games to remain in Glasgow. This is his big opportunity and he and his cohorts aren't letting this one go.

Perhaps Celtic still think that Parkhead should host international games and this is PL's way of making sure that the Board members that think otherwise are isolated?
    Or perhaps Petrie and Macrae are dithering idiots?
    Either way, last night was a hot job and I don’t see Petrie surviving it.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Lawell only has one aim which is to increase the dominance of Celtic.So he’s lining up his sychophants .
    100% correct.

Lawell strategy - not at all disguised - is to increase Celtics influence to ensure they remain dominant for decades.

So, while Petrie may not survive what's happening at the SFA, anyone that thinks Lawell is saying this "for the good of Scottish football" better be careful what they wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    100% correct.

Lawell strategy - not at all disguised - is to increase Celtics influence to ensure they remain dominant for decades.

So, while Petrie may not survive what's happening at the SFA, anyone that thinks Lawell is saying this "for the good of Scottish football" better be careful what they wish for.
    I struggle to see how anyone, no matter what their motive, could do any worse than the incumbents running Scottish football.

100% correct.

So, while Petrie may not survive what's happening at the SFA, anyone that thinks Lawwell is saying this "for the good of Scottish football" better be careful what they wish for.
    You may well be right about Lawwell but until we know the specifics of what he wants and how he's intends getting there it how can we judge? It may be that what he wants to see would benefit both Celtic and the other clubs. Who knows? As far as I can see all he's suggested so far is that the SFA is a mess and we need to get some more good people in. Anyone disagree?

I wouldn't be sure that Petrie's a busted flush either, he's a survivor. I always had him down as a quiet reformer working away behind the scenes but events since the "move on" statement have made me question this and I don't think the status quo is tenable. So where do we go to achieve reform?
    Last edited by Stonewall; 10-02-2018 at 08:43 AM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    You may well be right about Lawwell but until we know the specifics of what he wants and how he's intends getting there it how can we judge? It may be that what he wants to see would benefit both Celtic and the other clubs. Who knows? As far as I can see all he's suggested so far is that the SFA is a mess and we need to get some more good people in. Anyone disagree?

I wouldn't be sure that Petrie's a busted flush either, he's a survivor. I always had him down as a quiet reformer working away behind the scenes but events since the "move on" statement have made me question this and I don't think the status quo is tenable. So where do we go to achieve reform?
    The full interview is on Sportsound at around 2pm today, might be worth listening in, if you can

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...ish-kris-boyd/
    Kriss boyd weighs in against Petrie and Macrae now,

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

He’ll want Celtc colts in the league and the calendar rearranged to accommodate lucrative friendlies for starters.

Neither is a positive move for Scottish football as a whole.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I struggle to see how anyone, no matter what their motive, could do any worse than the incumbents running Scottish football.

You need to be very careful what you wish for here.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    You need to be very careful what you wish for here.
    How?

I agree with the poster you’ve quoted.

It’s hard to imagine how anybody running the SFA could do any worse?

The day i will take advice of boyd will be a cold day in hell

Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    The day i will take advice of boyd will be a cold day in hell
    I actually think he’s a decent pundit.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    He’ll want Celtc colts in the league and the calendar rearranged to accommodate lucrative friendlies for starters.

Neither is a positive move for Scottish football as a whole.
    Totally against those but would they not be SPFL matters?

i'm a bit vague as to who does what.

Left by mutual consent!
    Boyd calls for an overhaul yet bigs up Smith and McLeish for the job.

Left by mutual consent!

This exemplifies why some folk are saying be careful what you wish for. I've been reading a cross section of articles relating to this issue this morning and it appears this is being led by both cheeks of the Glasgow divide. It seems to me at this juncture to be a Glasgow coup to wrestle control and ensure our Rod does not ascend to become SFA President. I'm at a loss here as to how the Glasgow two assuming control of the existing body or new body is in any way good for the rest of us in my opinion.

mon the cabbage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    This exemplifies why some folk are saying be careful what you wish for. I've been reading a cross section of articles relating to this issue this morning and it appears this is being led by both cheeks of the Glasgow divide. It seems to me at this juncture to be a Glasgow coup to wrestle control and ensure our Rod does not ascend to become SFA President. I'm at a loss here as to how the Glasgow two assuming control of the existing body or new body is in any way good for the rest of us in my opinion.

mon the cabbage!!!
    Like I said before, I’m struggling to see how it could be any worse.
    The SFA is just failing at one thing here, it’s failing at absolutely everything it does.

Left by mutual consent!
    The SFA is just failing at one thing here, it’s failing at absolutely everything it does.

Fair dos mate. No one can reasonably criticise your position and you often make very good thoughtful points. I'm merely suspicious of the stance being taken here by both cheeks of the Glasgow two as they appear to be on the same page in calling for heads to roll especially our Rod.

mon the cabbage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    Fair dos mate. No one can reasonably criticise your position and you often make very good thoughtful points. I'm merely suspicious of the stance being taken here by both cheeks of the Glasgow two as they appear to be on the same page in calling for heads to roll especially our Rod.

mon the cabbage!!!
    I’ve no doubt they will be on the same page. That interview last night did not just happen by accident. There will be a co-ordinated campaign, I’m sure.
    A lot of Petrie’s powerbase came from his alliance with Lawell. Now that this has gone, I can’t see him surviving. It’s not like he’s a popular guy.
    Just because we are not sure what change will look like doesn’t mean we shouldn’t seek it.

I have no problem in a root and branch clearout at the SFA...........however just because you dislike Petrie doesnt mean that the alternative is automatically better.

Dont know how old you are, but if you think it cant be worse, do you remember Jim Farry? Whos to say we dont get someone as corrupt and glasgow centric again?

I say again, be very careful what you wish for, remove Petrie if you want, but IMO you will 100% get a system that is even more helpful to Celtic than now.

As for the Sun article (which I wont click) FFS lets not pretend that Kris Boyd is on telly for any other reason than to offset Kris Commons to placate the Glasgow teams supporters ! He says nothing original and is very average as a presenter.

The fact the SFA even spoke to Walter Smith, tells you everything you need to know.

It's a backward, jobs for the boys, old school tie institution, through and through.

Needs a root and branch restructure
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

I have no problem in a root and branch clearout at the SFA...........however just because you dislike Petrie doesnt mean that the alternative is automatically better.

Dont know how old you are, but if you think it cant be worse, do you remember Jim Farry? Whos to say we dont get someone as corrupt and glasgow centric again?

I say again, be very careful what you wish for, remove Petrie if you want, but IMO you will 100% get a system that is even more helpful to Celtic than now.

As for the Sun article (which I wont click) FFS lets not pretend that Kris Boyd is on telly for any other reason than to offset Kris Commons to placate the Glasgow teams supporters ! He says nothing original and is very average as a presenter.
    Unfortunately I’m old enough to remember Farry well enough. I agree we have to be careful what follows, I just don’t think we can carry on as we are.

Blog Entries

Ignoring the issue in question, I think it’s ludicrous that a current player has such a loud and often controversial voice in the Scottish MSM.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Ignoring the issue in question, I think it’s ludicrous that a current player has such a loud and often controversial voice in the Scottish MSM.
    Good point.. Imagine the seethe if it was Neil Lennon!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Are the ‘move on’ cabal at the SFA just going to take the piss and try and appoint EBT recipient after EBT recipient to every position?

Time for a root and branch restructure of football authorities in this country. **** the Glasgow media and their media darlings that have been complicit in us arriving at this position as well.

https://thecelticblog.com/2018/02/bl...y-get-over-it/

I could barely read that after the first paragraph, it's so poorly written and tribal - however the last paragraph shows just why I'd be a bit more worried than you -

"If other clubs, if people in the media, if fans of different teams, don’t want to utilise that and our knowledge and our expertise and have people from Celtic advising and assisting and taking positions of responsibility within the sport, harnessing their ideas … then Hell mend them and hell mend the whole of the national sport"

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I could barely read that after the first paragraph, it's so poorly written and tribal - however the last paragraph shows just why I'd be a bit more worried than you -

"If other clubs, if people in the media, if fans of different teams, don’t want to utilise that and our knowledge and our expertise and have people from Celtic advising and assisting and taking positions of responsibility within the sport, harnessing their ideas … then Hell mend them and hell mend the whole of the national sport"
    I never read that blog as I couldn’t think of anything worse than reading a Celtic blog but I’ve no problem with the paragraph you’ve quoted.

We should be utilising and learning from the experience of all the clubs, to ignore and not use the experience of the biggest and most successful club is daft IMO.