hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Toilet at Ibrox / Policing

Right so pretty confused.

At 80 minutes the Police were not allowing us out to use the toilets, this continued whilst the lock in continued, so a good half an hour in total.

Can anyone confirm if A)this is legal B)is there are course of action that can be taken?

If you have a medical condition and need toilet, surely having no access for 30 minutes is unacceptable?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

2. Log in to remove the advert

It's not illegal for the police to do it providing they have a legitimate reasons to do so.

Your first step would be to write to Police Scotland:

http://www.scotland.police.uk/about-...e-a-complaint/

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not illegal for the police to do it providing they have a legitimate reasons to do so.

Cheers Future,

I have questioned it with them, I was thinking along lines of Human rights.....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post

Can't think what the legitimate reason would be?

@hibs.net private member
    What gets me about the whole situation is that football fans are treated like criminals until proven so. I can understand keeping us in the stadium as they’ll quote our own protection etc........ but what I can’t understand is stopping us using the toilets when they too are inside the stadium.

GGTTH

I'm not sure it would be illegal but there is no good reason for refusing access to the toilet considering there was presumably stewards/police on the exits preventing you from leaving the stadium.

You should have taken the shoulder number of the officer(s) who refused to allow you access to the toilet.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    It would also be worth asking why this roaster (Union Jack bobble hat) was not ejected/arrested for spitting on Hibs fans and generally embarrassing himself by inviting fans outside for a square go. Looked in his 50's

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'm not sure it would be illegal but there is no good reason for refusing access to the toilet considering there was presumably stewards/police on the exits preventing you from leaving the stadium.

You should have taken the shoulder number of the officer(s) who refused to allow you access to the toilet.
    You would need to take everyone's number in this case. They did let a mother take her child through but that was it. In fairness it's not the guys an girls standing there's fault, it's the people giving the orders to blame.

Baldy, send a letter to police Scotland and cc Hibs, The Rangers and a media outlet of your choice and see what joy you get.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    It would also be worth asking why this roaster (Union Jack bobble hat) was not ejected/arrested for spitting on Hibs fans and generally embarrassing himself by inviting fans outside for a square go. Looked in his 50's

Send the photo to The Rangers security team and ask the question of them. I pointed him out to the police at the time but it looked like all they did was push him back from the front of the stand.

Very sad individual.

Also the woman (never sure of gender when you go through there) in the red jacket who must have been a similar age to the boy in the hat. She was noising up the Hibs fans and generally just being a complete tit.

Mysteriously disappeared towards the end of the game though.

Utter freaks of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    You would need to take everyone's number in this case. They did let a mother take her child through but that was it. In fairness it's not the guys an girls standing there's fault, it's the people giving the orders to blame.

Baldy, send a letter to police Scotland and cc Hibs, The Rangers and a media outlet of your choice and see what joy you get.
    There can't have been that many officers that the OP spoke to though. I would just be taking a note of their number and including it in any complaint. I understand the fault lies further up the ranks with whoever is giving out these orders but it's absolutely out of order and in no way a safety risk to allow people to use the toilet.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    It would also be worth asking why this roaster (Union Jack bobble hat) was not ejected/arrested for spitting on Hibs fans and generally embarrassing himself by inviting fans outside for a square go. Looked in his 50's rangers:

One of their "trudishuns" continue to be upheld by the stewards and hun friendly plod by the sounds of it.

In the 80's during a 1-1 draw we were spat on from above by the spineless beasts, the stewards smiled and did nothing. We spoke to glasgows finest who smiled and said what do you expect when you come to Glasgow?

Maybe the bobble hatted hero could be identified if the police or sevco were serious about dealing with spitting on members of the public as the hate crime it is?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar

When I gave him the opportunity to go outside he blanked me, I would love to have met him after the game, a 90 minute hardman who thinks he can do what he wants from the safety of their end.

@hibs.net private member
    It wasn't any better outside the ground. I was parked over the motorway, not listening to that advise on hibs.net again, and the Police wouldn't let you through that way. They said to go through the car park which was a dead end adding another 6 or 7 minutes to the journey before letting a few of us through. I know it is orders but some common sense is required. The officer should take a look behind them and realise there are no The Rangers fans left and certainly not misdirect you. Lesson learnt for me as I will always park in the away car park from now on.

Can Hibs speak to the police and get the The Rangers fans held back at Easter Road. That way Hibs fans could make their way home without waiting at the wall. Why is it us that always have to wait.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    It wasn't any better outside the ground. I was parked over the motorway, not listening to that advise on hibs.net again, and the Police wouldn't let you through that way. They said to go through the car park which was a dead end adding another 6 or 7 minutes to the journey before letting a few of us through. I know it is orders but some common sense is required. The officer should take a look behind them and realise there are no The Rangers fans left and certainly not misdirect you. Lesson learnt for me as I will always park in the away car park from now on.

Can Hibs speak to the police and get the The Rangers fans held back at Easter Road. That way Hibs fans could make their way home without waiting at the wall. Why is it us that always have to wait.
    If those arrogant **** bags were kept in after the game they would wreck the stand, they are horrible horrible specimens , I refuse to call them human

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I thought it was one of our calmer visits to Ibrox, but hope no one was injured by any objects been thrown
    There’s no reason with a stewards convoy, we could bet have been left out at FT
    Does every team get locked in at Ibrox? Only place we do, walked out Parkhead last week, same time as Celtic fans, no trouble at all

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I thought it was one of our calmer visits to Ibrox, but hope no one was injured by any objects been thrown
    Does every team get locked in at Ibrox? Only place we do, walked out Parkhead last week, same time as Celtic fans, no trouble at all
    This is a very sad post, the fact we can only leave a football ground with a stewards convoy is embarrassing to the whole of Scotland. It’s about time the police dealt with the criminals that claim to be Rangers supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Saw a young lady with bleeding nose after being hit with missile, she complained to police, who told her it was being dealt with by other officers, where the incident occurred

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post

At 80 minutes the Police were not allowing us out to use the toilets, this continued whilst the lock in continued, so a good half an hour in total.

Can anyone confirm if A)this is legal B)is there are course of action that can be taken?

If you have a medical condition and need toilet, surely having no access for 30 minutes is unacceptable?
    I think this is illegal, BF. According to UN General Assembly Resolution 70/169, the right to sanitation entitles everyone “to have physical and affordable access to sanitation, in all spheres of life, that is safe, hygienic, secure, and socially and culturally acceptable and that provides privacy and ensures dignity.” Also seems to go against the provisions of Article 3 of the Human Rights Act as it could be construed as inhumane behaviour to deny access to a toilet. If Hibs fans were treated differently from The Rangers fans in this regard (and I believe they were) then it is discriminatory and I would complain forcefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    I think this is illegal, BF. According to UN General Assembly Resolution 70/169, the right to sanitation entitles everyone “to have physical and affordable access to sanitation, in all spheres of life, that is safe, hygienic, secure, and socially and culturally acceptable and that provides privacy and ensures dignity.” Also seems to go against the provisions of Article 3 of the Human Rights Act as it could be construed as inhumane behaviour to deny access to a toilet. If Hibs fans were treated differently from The Rangers fans in this regard (and I believe they were) then it is discriminatory and I would complain forcefully.
    Thanks Silky

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    One for our fan rep/board members?

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Can't think what the legitimate reason would be?
    Probably something to do with away fans wrecking the toilets which has also been a problem at Easter Road.
    As usual decent folk end up suffering due to the behaviour of morons.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Should just have pissed on plods boots.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Should just have pissed on plods boots.
    End up in pokey with a indecent assault charge Lex....

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    End up in pokey with a indecent assault charge Lex....

Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    Send the photo to The Rangers security team and ask the question of them. I pointed him out to the police at the time but it looked like all they did was push him back from the front of the stand.
    Exactly. The security team would bring him in for a warning. Due to lack of evidence he would deny it but at least his card would be marked.

Someone should have kept a spit marked piece of clothing given bawbags DNA would be on it.
    Given his behaviour his DNA will almost certainly already be on Police systems and as such he would be immediately identified and charged with assault.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 04-02-2018 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    Couldn't have used the Ibrox toilets anyway then

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    If only there were a recent precedent for using CCTV, television footage and submitted mobile phone recordings to identify individuals for relatively minor public order offences at great expense over a protracted period....

@hibs.net private member

Surprising and disappointing to see President Bashar Assad of Syria in the Huns end. Come on Bashar - what about the Golan Heights?!?

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar

Disability discrimination would come into play here I think. By not making arrangement for someone with a disability, especially one like T1D where the need to urinate becomes slightly more urgent they are breaking this law, given the short time these were withheld the UN law wouldn't really affect, but disability discrimination would. Saying that, my experience of telling PS about your T1D makes absolutely no difference to their thinking or treatment of you and your condition.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.