hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar

The Official Bi-Annual Transfer Deadline Day Thread:

Roll up, roll up, it's time for another bumper thread full of complete and utter unadulterated pish.

Allow me to start off by saying I will be M.I.A for most of the day as a) I am working during the day and b) I'll be coming home to a 5 month old baby who has absolutely no interest in Transfer Deadline Day, football, Jim White, crisps or Natalie Sawyer.

Tied in with the little girl I have fathered, my missus has rcently been stocking fridges and cupboards with healthier foods and with the festive chocolates long gone, it seems I'm ploughing a lone furrow on the goodies front in Pedantic Towers. If she wants to cultivate a healthier lifestyle for us all and lose the baby weight then she can bash on, I will continue unabated and stockpile as many packets of cut price classic crisps from yesteryear into a trolley on my way home tomorrow.

Think Quarterbacks, Tangy Tom's, Johnny's Onion Rings, Bikers and the likes...the Asian convenience store round the corner for me seems like it created their crisp aisle with yours truly in mind. An aisle that's manna from heaven, a golden mile of savoury sex consisting of packets of jolly goodness. Lovely stuff.

Unfortunately, the joy ends there as their yoghurt selection is as much to tastebuds as what Ann Budge is to stylish haircuts. Anyway, enough of that trout and her bright yellow Lego hairstyle, let's talk football.

The fire of Stokes has been extinguished and whilst it's sad to see things end this way, it also frees up money for Lenny to go radge tomorrow on the assumption Rod Petrie has been gaffa taped to a chair in scenes not witnessed since Pat Fenlon joyfully discovered a thing called loan deals back in 2012.

What do we hope for other than Operation Yewtree to broaden their investigations to the Gorgie area? An attacking midfielder? Another striker?

Will nonshinyfinish get prolific with Viscount biscuits again? Will Doddie embark on a Joe Harper rant? Will someone coax Steve20 down from the roof and reassure him that Neil Lennon didn't pump his missus? Will Haymaker go more than three posts without offering the emoji that looks like Zebedee after a ten pound eccie?

Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but for the time being it's over to you lot.

p.s What do you call a snowman playing the piano?

Meltin John

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    I'm as in as an in thing.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    I’d just like to say what an incredible thread this has been so far.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm as in as an in thing.
    I was too. Hence the 5 month old baby.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I’d just like to say what an incredible thread this has been so far.
    Right, outside now.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Roll up, roll up, it's time for another bumper thread full of complete and utter unadulterated pish.

Allow me to start off by saying I will be M.I.A for most of the day as a) I am working during the day and b) I'll be coming home to a 5 month old baby who has absolutely no interest in Transfer Deadline Day, football, Jim White, crisps or Natalie Sawyer.

Tied in with the little girl I have fathered, my missus has rcently been stocking fridges and cupboards with healthier foods and with the festive chocolates long gone, it seems I'm ploughing a lone furrow on the goodies front in Pedantic Towers. If she wants to cultivate a healthier lifestyle for us all and lose the baby weight then she can bash on, I will continue unabated and stockpile as many packets of cut price classic crisps from yesteryear into a trolley on my way home tomorrow.

Think Quarterbacks, Tangy Tom's, Johnny's Onion Rings, Bikers and the likes...the Asian convenience store round the corner for me seems like it created their crisp aisle with yours truly in mind. An aisle that's manna from heaven, a golden mile of savoury sex consisting of packets of jolly goodness. Lovely stuff.

Unfortunately, the joy ends there as their yoghurt selection is as much to tastebuds as what Ann Budge is to stylish haircuts. Anyway, enough of that trout and her bright yellow Lego hairstyle, let's talk football.

The fire of Stokes has been extinguished and whilst it's sad to see things end this way, it also frees up money for Lenny to go radge tomorrow on the assumption Rod Petrie has been gaffa taped to a chair in scenes not witnessed since Pat Fenlon joyfully discovered a thing called loan deals back in 2012.

What do we hope for other than Operation Yewtree to broaden their investigations to the Gorgie area? An attacking midfielder? Another striker?

Will nonshinyfinish get prolific with Viscount biscuits again? Will Doddie embark on a Joe Harper rant? Will someone coax Steve20 down from the roof and reassure him that Neil Lennon didn't pump his missus? Will Haymaker go more than three posts without offering the emoji that looks like Zebedee after a ten pound eccie?

Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but for the time being it's over to you lot.

Meltin John
    or Shiver Archie?

Gamer IDs

I was too. Hence the 5 month old baby.
    I have good news and bad news for you.

The good news is that daughters are fantastic.

The bad news is that at teenage every interaction is basically the Russian roulette scene from the Deerhunter.

Gamer IDs

Meltin John
    Or Barry Manisnow?

Most important holiday on the .net calendar. I'm on a pretty strict diet so it'll be Greek yoghurt and oats for me, pure tragedy. Somebody save the snacks patter with something that'll clog your arteries faster than you can say Ivan Sproule.

I want to be able to mentally eat a bacon roll through the details thrashed out on this thread.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post

Most important holiday on the .net calendar. I'm on a pretty strict diet so it'll be Greek yoghurt and oats for me, pure tragedy. Somebody save the snacks patter with something that'll clog your arteries faster than you can say Ivan Sproule.

I want to be able to mentally eat a bacon roll through the details thrashed out on this thread.

We're already through the looking glass here people...

I have good news and bad news for you.

The good news is that daughters are fantastic.

The bad news is that at teenage every interaction is basically the Russian roulette scene from the Deerhunter.
    I concur. she never sent money to me or mummy though

We're already through the looking glass here people...
    Desperate times, ODS.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Desperate times, ODS.
    There's an obligation on the rest of us to feast disgracefully on your behalf. Let the E numbers and additives commence.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I might pop in from time to time for a wee casual keek at the goings on in here although my selection of snacks may not be to everybody's taste.

I'll be weighed down with bananas, apples, pears, blueberries, satsumas and dates.

That lot will be washed down by mugs of rooibos tea although lime and soda will be on hand in case of emergencies.

I've also got a jar of prunes. I don't want to use them, but make no mistake, I will if I need to.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Far too early with this.

My snack options at the moment are Asda diet cola, some crap biscuits from a Christmas tin or a Go Ahead reduced fat brownie.

Going to have to do a snack run early doors to up my game.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I might pop in from time to time for a wee casual keek at the goings on in here although my selection of snacks may not be to everybody's taste.

I'll be weighed down with bananas, apples, pears, blueberries, satsumas and dates.

That lot will be washed down by mugs of rooibos tea although lime and soda will be on hand in case of emergencies.

I've also got a jar of prunes. I don't want to use them, but make no mistake, I will if I need to.

What the hell?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Far too early with this.

My snack options at the moment are Asda diet cola, some crap biscuits from a Christmas tin or a Go Ahead reduced fat brownie.

Going to have to do a snack run early doors to up my game.

That would bring a tear to a glass eye. It's like a scene from Bob Cratchit's house BEFORE Scrooge arrives with the goose.

Does Scottish window end same time as English window - 11pm?
    There’s been times before where ours shuts later - 12am or even 1am.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    First Stokes, now PH has gone off 42 minutes early.

GMT, son, GMT.

Worst day of my life. Thankfully it’s nearly over.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Will Haymaker go more than three posts without offering the emoji that looks like Zebedee after a ten pound eccie?
    The answer... Is no.

Here we go!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

You best wear a nappy

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Hula Hoops will be the snack choice tomorrow in honour of our incoming striker.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Hula Hoops will be the snack choice tomorrow in honour of our incoming striker.
    Your gonna milk it then.

(BTW, who's that in your avatar?)

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    The Bi-Annual Highlight of the Year is here, praise be to Pedantic_Hibee!
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Scott Alan to Hibs in one of the Weegie red tops

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Your gonna milk it then.

(BTW, who's that in your avatar?)

Surely that's Swiftie? Get me, all hip with the kids and that. (unless I've got t wrong)

I'm in the office and to start the day right I will be hoovering the very last dregs of leftover office Christmas chocolates. We're talking the breakfast of champions here: a single Ferrero Rocher, three non-branded praline chocolates from Morrisons and (and this is the classy bit) six Marks and Sparks chocolate cherries in Kirsch.

I lead so that others may follow.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Scott Alan to Hibs in one of the Weegie red tops
    'teckle' as Jocky Scott would say.

I'd have that in a heartbeat but I don't believe it for a second.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Just having a coffee before doing the school run. Fridge is stocked, and assorted savoury snacks have tucked away in readiness for the day. I’m already eyeing up the scampi and lemmon nick nacks, but I don’t want to peak to early.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Going to be an interesting day on the transfer front. On the snack front maybe not so much, we here anyway, started off with two Greggs bacon rolls and two orange juices.