hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Today's Games

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least his second. He plays a delightful ball out to the boy that crosses it in as the keeper punched it out to him.
    Yes, it was his second touch and what a touch it was.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Klop moaning like a biatch for the 1000th time about the ref.
    Bizarre post. Our manager regularly complains about referees as well, its because they are absolutely dreadful. 1st pen should not be given for offside, 2nd one is soft as ****.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Yes, it was his second touch and what a touch it was.
    Unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Bizarre post. Our manager regularly complains about referees as well, its because they are absolutely dreadful. 1st pen should not be given for offside, 2nd one is soft as ****.
    Klopp was wrong, though.

1st goal was onside.

2nd one was a stonewaller

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    I think that game may have been the last top level match the linesman takes part in.
    Why? It got both decisions bang on.

Klopp was wrong, though.

1st goal was onside.

2nd one was a stonewaller
    How was Klopp wrong about the offside? Watch around the 0:10 mark onwards...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BlNQ8q1ElU

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    How was Klopp wrong about the offside? Watch around the 0:10 mark onwards...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BlNQ8q1ElU
    Kane was played onside because the defender tried to clear the ball, and made contact as it went past him. Had he either ignored the ball, or missed it altogether, Kane would have been off.

The rules changed a couple of years ago at least.

That's exactly what Greenlex told you.

My main gripe is assistant referees regularly refuse to make decisions right in front of them. Waiting on the ref 30 or 40 yards away making the decision. Then you have instances today where he wants to be involved. As a neutral its frustrating. No wonder managers get angry. No consistency at all. Great viewing tho. 2nd penalty is offside. The assistant who caused all the commotion got his biggest decision wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Penalty for Spurs!
    Felt like dropping 70 quid in the street, and some **** picking it up, painful.

Quote Originally Posted by berwickhibee View Post
    My main gripe is assistant referees regularly refuse to make decisions right in front of them. Waiting on the ref 30 or 40 yards away making the decision. Then you have instances today where he wants to be involved. As a neutral its frustrating. No wonder managers get angry. No consistency at all. Great viewing tho. 2nd penalty is offside. The assistant who caused all the commotion got his biggest decision wrong.
    What utter nonsense. None of the penalties were offside. The second one was a stonewaller and kudos to the linesman for giving it. The first one wasn’t offside either as it’s a new phase of play as soon as the defender attempts to clear it, thus meaning play on. Only decision is the ref deciding then if it is a foul or not. The assistant done his job plain and simply. Because other assistants fail to get involved doesn’t mean this man shouldn’t do his job.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    What utter nonsense. None of the penalties were offside. The second one was a stonewaller and kudos to the linesman for giving it. The first one wasn’t offside either as it’s a new phase of play as soon as the defender attempts to clear it, thus meaning play on. Only decision is the ref deciding then if it is a foul or not. The assistant done his job plain and simply. Because other assistants fail to get involved doesn’t mean this man shouldn’t do his job.
    Think you should read my post again. Never said 1st penalty was offside??? But 2nd one was. It even showed you on sky. Minimal i know it was. But its offside.

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Insigne’s chip that hit the bar there, outrageous effort.

Think you should read my post again. Never said 1st penalty was offside??? But 2nd one was. It even showed you on sky. Minimal i know it was. But its offside.
    Yes, IF it was offside, it was extremely marginal so blaming the assistant for missing Otis unreasonable.

I wasn't sure if the cross had been s square ball anyway, in which case it couldn't have been off.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by renato View Post
    Insigne’s chip that hit the bar there, outrageous effort.
    Ah, serie a, a European league that isn't over and decided by Christmas You know Juve will pull away though. They always do.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Ah, serie a, a European league that isn't over and decided by Christmas You know Juve will pull away though. They always do.
    Probably, aye. Napoli keep grinding out results though, still 1 point clear of Juve but not at the expense of their football, which is so easy on the eye. And their away form is even better than ours - without checking the stats they must have one of, if not the best records anywhere in Europe.

Probably, aye. Napoli keep grinding out results though, still 1 point clear of Juve but not at the expense of their football, which is so easy on the eye. And their away form is even better than ours - without checking the stats they must have one of, if not the best records anywhere in Europe.
    Hope Napoli can do it.

I forgot, are you a Milan fan

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I remember a game a couple of seasons ago at ER when we were playing Falkirk. A similar situation as there was today except the ball ended up in the net for a gial for Falkirk. They had celebrated and we had the ball back on the centre spot. The east side assistant was still talking to the the ref[Willie Collum funnily enough IIRC) he then proceeded to give us a free kick for offside. She had been telling him if the Falkirk no so and so had touched the ball last he was offside. Collum had seen that he had touched it but she at first didn’t think he had. Only after the celebration by the player did she question it. A fair bit of time had passed before he changed his decision.

Assistants do intervene. Im sure I heard or read that sometimes they are told just give offsides and that’s all by the refs before the game.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I'm sure I heard or read that sometimes they are told just give offsides and that’s all by the refs before the game.
    That figures, because sometimes they seem to look to the refs before they even flag for a throw-in (never mind decide which way to give it!)

I forgot, are you a Milan fan
    I “follow” Milan but like watching most of the European leagues, especially those teams playing quality football and particularly the sleeping giants (Marseille are indeed my favourite French team)

I “follow” Milan but like watching most of the European leagues, especially those teams playing quality football and particularly the sleeping giants (Marseille are indeed my favourite French team)
    C'est parce que tu as bon goût . Thauvin has been sensational this half season for us.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Kane is interfering before the defender touches it. Kane's movement made him attempt to play the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Kane is interfering before the defender touches it. Kane's movement made him attempt to play the ball.
    That's not the rule, Speedy.

"A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage."

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-...w-11---offside

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    That's not the rule, Speedy.

"A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage."

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-...w-11---offside
    That quote doesn't address the point. The debate is whether Kane was active in the first instance.

If running to meet the ball on the edge of the box isn't deemed active then it certainly should be.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Not so, the ref was asking if Lovren had touched it, he even asked tbe fourth official if he had seen it on tv even though that is not allowed. Neither had a clue so the ref guessed as proved on MOTD. Shambles of a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Not so, the ref was asking if Lovren had touched it, he even asked tbe fourth official if he had seen it on tv even though that is not allowed. Neither had a clue so the ref guessed as proved on MOTD. Shambles of a decision.
    Shambles? He got the decision right. Love to know how you knew what the conversation was however.

C'est parce que tu as bon goût . Thauvin has been sensational this half season for us.
    A refined palette

Yep, some player, would have been quite handy for Newcastle just now...

Shambles? He got the decision right. Love to know how you knew what the conversation was however.
    Quite simple, it was picked up by the microphones and aired on MOTD! Ref guessed, shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Quite simple, it was picked up by the microphones and aired on MOTD! Ref guessed, shambles.
    Well, then he's guessing whether he gives it or not. He got it right, no? Refs will have to guess some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Well, then he's guessing whether he gives it or not. He got it right, no? Refs will have to guess some things.
    No, if he's not sure and hasn't seen it and noo e else has he doesn't give it. MOTD showed him to be a fool.