hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gazza

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For all his faults I've always felt for Gazza and hoped he gets himself sorted out, he seems to be on the right path at the moment.

He had a pretty grim childhood. His family lived in conditions pretty close to poverty, he witnessed his friend die in a car accident front of him when he was 10, his Dad regularly had fits and seizures and Gazza had twitches and ticks as well. He lost another friend at 15 and by that age was addicted to gambling and the sole provider for his family.

I'm not suggesting any of that excuses some of his actions as an adult but it probably goes some way to explaining them. Whilst he has made mistakes and bad decisions he has been treated for bulimia, bi-polar, OCD and multiple addictions and you can't just discount that when trying to understand him.
    Yep, it might explain him being a class 1 ******** but it can't excuse them. There's plenty people go through traumatic childhoods and hardship but still make the effort to be decent human beings.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The only ex player they could have brought on at half time that I would have taken the time to acknowledge would have been Fernando Ricksen.
    Why's that? Utter welt of a man. Drink driving and assaulting his neighbours to name but two incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Why's that? Utter welt of a man. Drink driving and assaulting his neighbours to name but two incidents.
    Maybe Ricksen would be given a positive reception because he’s currently fighting an extremely serious illness. Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDavidGray View Post
    Maybe Ricksen would be given a positive reception because he’s currently fighting an extremely serious illness. Just a thought
    So are many people

Firework man? Shame but a *** dick

So are many people
    Oh ok so that means he should get less support? Anyone struggling with motor neurone disease, or any other serious illness, should be given all the help and support they can get. To suggest they shouldn’t because other people are also struggling is a silly argument.

Gazza's ok. He entertained millions. Leave him alone.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDavidGray View Post
    Oh ok so that means he should get less support? Anyone struggling with motor neurone disease, or any other serious illness, should be given all the help and support they can get. To suggest they shouldn’t because other people are also struggling is a silly argument.
    Think you’re picking him incorrectly. Think he’s saying if you’re a cock, you’re cock, no matter your health.

Because he's going through an illness that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy and as a high profile person, he is helping to put that illness in the spotlight and bringing much needed awareness to motor neurone disease.

I'm aware Ricksen has a checkered history but I would be happy to acknowledge the suffering he must be going through with a dignified applause.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Think you’re picking him incorrectly. Think he’s saying if you’re a cock, you’re cock, no matter your health.
    But it's extremely harsh to call a guy with MND a cock. Even if he is/was one.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
    I’m not saying nothing! Was just trying to explain another poster!!

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Slightly high jacked thread but hey ho!

Before Ricksen was struck down with this horrible illness - non of us would have invited him round to the house for a cup of tea

He must be one of the most despised rangers players of the last 30 years, if not all time

Ricksen was a vile thug who epitomised the club and their knuckle dragging fans

I'm sure none of us would wish this life changing illness on anyone but contracting this disease doesn't wipe the slate clean on his life

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
    Why? It's hilarious the sanctimony that spurts out of folk. Ricksen was/is an arse hole; as was/is Gazza. Ricksen has a disease that's been imposed upon him, Gazza's his own worst enemy. Yes, be sympathetic to someone with a horrible disease but why does that change whether or not the mans a welt?

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    Why? It's hilarious the sanctimony that spurts out of folk. Ricksen was/is an arse hole; as was/is Gazza. Ricksen has a disease that's been imposed upon him, Gazza's his own worst enemy. Yes, be sympathetic to someone with a horrible disease but why does that change whether or not the mans a welt?
    Nobody's being sanctimonious on here that I can see. Merely suggesting that abusing someone with a terminal illness might be a little bit unpleasant for all concerned.

Cool

Because he's going through an illness that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy and as a high profile person, he is helping to put that illness in the spotlight and bringing much needed awareness to motor neurone disease.

I'm aware Ricksen has a checkered history but I would be happy to acknowledge the suffering he must be going through with a dignified applause.
    You could say the same about Gascoigne, a much more significant football player, Rickson was a nobody by comparison. Guess that doesn't suit you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    You could say the same about Gascoigne, a much more significant football player, Rickson was a nobody by comparison. Guess that doesn't suit you though.
    What terminal illness is Gascoigne suffering from?

What terminal illness is Gascoigne suffering from?
    You never mentioned terminal illness, Rickson was, and is a ****.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    My spidey-sense tells me this thread isn't going to last much longer.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    was the waster mimicking playing the flute to excite the ibrox orcs, was his bezzy mate jimmy 10-bellies supporting him

You never mentioned terminal illness, Rickson was, and is a ****.
    I think it was fairly obvious that the reason I gave for being happy to applaud Ricksen was due to him having motor neurone disease.

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Couldn’t care less about him

And me, flute playing numpty

I think it was fairly obvious that the reason I gave for being happy to applaud Ricksen was due to him having motor neurone disease.
    What a hero.

@hibs.net private member
    Dear oh Dear... I bet you have never met the man...secondly, his courageous battle against MND is a sign of a brave man...

I can think of no reason why anyone would be calling the man out like you did...

What a hero.
    No-one's saying he's a hero, no-one's saying he's lead a clean and honest life, no-one's saying you even need to like him. The point is the man is currently suffering from one of the worst illnesses anyone could ever imagine and his body is gradually shutting down bit by bit. Whilst he is still able to, he is keeping a fairly high profile and helping to raise awareness of motor neurone disease.

I don't think it would therefore take much to afford him a bit of respect for that alone.

It's called being the bigger person and rising above all the other nonsense that has gone on earlier in his life.

No-one's saying he's a hero, no-one's saying he's lead a clean and honest life, no-one's saying you even need to like him. The point is the man is currently suffering from one of the worst illnesses anyone could ever imagine and his body is gradually shutting down bit by bit. Whilst he is still able to, he is keeping a fairly high profile and helping to raise awareness of motor neurone disease.

I don't think it would therefore take much to afford him a bit of respect for that alone.

It's called being the bigger person and rising above all the other nonsense that has gone on earlier in his life.
    Whilst I don't disagree, it could be argued bi-polar is a very serious condition, one of the worst mental illnesses, yet sympathy and respect for Paul Gascoigne seems pretty thin on the ground on this thread and elsewhere.

Some double standards maybe?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Whilst I don't disagree, it could be argued bi-polar is a very serious condition, one of the worst mental illnesses, yet sympathy and respect for Paul Gascoigne seems pretty thin on the ground on this thread and elsewhere.

Some double standards maybe?

@hibs.net private member
    An amazing footballer.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Wouldn't piss on the **** if he was on fire

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    My spidey-sense tells me this thread isn't going to last much longer.

And neither it should... Some utterly embarrassing posts.

Is this thread worthy of being called "Hibs class"?