hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Callum Patterson

Did his contract run out at Hearts or did Cardiff buy him? Just watching English highlights and he's looking excellent. Hope the pink scarf twirlers don't have a sell on clause or could make them serious money.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did his contract run out at Hearts or did Cardiff buy him? Just watching English highlights and he's looking excellent. Hope the pink scarf twirlers don't have a sell on clause or could make them serious money.
    Let his contract run down. Hearts offered him one when he was injured but didnt sign it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyle89 View Post
    Let his contract run down. Hearts offered him one when he was injured but didnt sign it.
    Pleasing

First Team Breakthrough
    He’s a good player to be honest, at least within the context of Scottish football. I think he’d be a good option at RB for Scotland, with Tierney on the opposite flank. Tierney isn’t a RB.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    The 22-year-old Scottish full back joined Cardiff through freedom of contract after his Heart of Midlothian deal expired on May 31.

And though the Bluebirds paid Hearts £400,000 in compensation and Paterson insisted a sell-on fee was included his three-year contract, fans and journalists have hailed the move as a coup and a bargain for Neil Warnock's side.

SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    The 22-year-old Scottish full back joined Cardiff through freedom of contract after his Heart of Midlothian deal expired on May 31.

And though the Bluebirds paid Hearts £400,000 in compensation and Paterson insisted a sell-on fee was included his three-year contract, fans and journalists have hailed the move as a coup and a bargain for Neil Warnock's side.

Oh dear. Can see him as an Andy Robertson type.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Good on him

He a great player. He was a great player for the yams as well. Before his injury he was heading for about 20 goals for the season playing right back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Good to see him back fit and playing well, he is exactly what Scotland need on the right. I am just glad he is doing it down south and not across the road!!

A very good player that has fought back well from a bad injury.
    He is driven and is one Scottish player that won't be coming back anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyle89 View Post
    Hearts are class at failing to sell at the right time, renewing contracts etc
    They must have lost serious millions over the years.
    Wonder what their direct debit idiots make of it? 😁

@hibs.net private member

If the quote about sell on clause is accurate then you have to think Hearts will benefit if and when he is next moved on.

Good player. Glad he's away from them because he was always one of their big threats.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    Hearts are class at failing to sell at the right time, renewing contracts etc
    They must have lost serious millions over the years.
    Wonder what their direct debit idiots make of it? ��
    Andy Driver... £4m+ (hertz) valuation 2009, moved on for £0.00 2011

When it comes to sp*nking money, hertz are world class. Been at it for decades and haven't changed since admin slowed them down a bit. Pretty much back up to speed now though
    Last edited by Jack Hackett; 04-02-2018 at 02:11 PM.

I watched him against Man City last week and he was half decent against them, playing in the number 10 role.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Andy Driver... £4m+ (hertz) valuation 2009, moved on for £0.00 2011

When it comes to sp*nking money, hertz are world class. Been at it for decades and haven't changed since admin slowed them down a bit. Pretty much back up to speed now though
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/arc...be-a-20m-star/
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Testimonial Due
    What a fickle forum this is!!!

Before he left he was a numpty who had no Scotland class whatsoever, then leaves the Yams and he is now looking like a player????

And played youth football for Tynecastle till he was 15 or 16 I think. Non pro-youth “product”.

Very good player who has been pushed forward as an attacking midfielder by Cardiff. If he is not in the next Scotland team I will be very surprised.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Where as Ché Petrie’s timing of selling players is ....
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    And played youth football for Tynecastle till he was 15 or 16 I think. Non pro-youth “product”.
    I think the team he played in at Tynecastle all stayed together until the end of the season u16, 13 of the squad signed for professional teams

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    What a fickle forum this is!!!

Before he left he was a numpty who had no Scotland class whatsoever, then leaves the Yams and he is now looking like a player????
    It’s called local rivalry

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Very decent player and it augurs well for Scotland that we have young, good talent on both flanks.

Don't mind his HOMFC background, it 's the dodgy tache that always put me off him.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    If the quote about sell on clause is accurate then you have to think Hearts will benefit if and when he is next moved on.

That's what i was thinking.. if they got 400k for him and he has a sell on clause - they could maybe make another million or 2.. ??

Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    That's what i was thinking.. if they got 400k for him and he has a sell on clause - they could maybe make another million or 2.. ??
    Highly doubt it. I’d imagine it’s around 10-15%. No way is any club buying him for £15-20m. If he’s sold it’ll be for a few million, maybe £5m, so they may make another £500k from him. However that’s all dependant in his form continuing and him actually getting a decent move.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Taking off the green tinted specs, you'd have to say he is a decent player. Big athletic laddie, strong in the air and decent on the ball. Glad he left the Hearts.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Athletic and tall, the end.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Highly doubt it. I’d imagine it’s around 10-15%. No way is any club buying him for £15-20m. If he’s sold it’ll be for a few million, maybe £5m, so they may make another £500k from him. However that’s all dependant in his form continuing and him actually getting a decent move.
    jeez, take your green tinted specs off and look at the big picture. Have you seen some of the prices quoted for championship players ? Tom Cairney from Fulham, they turn down 15 odd million from West Ham !!!
    Paterson will go for more than that amount when Cardiff sell him.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Athletic and tall, the end.
    He's not a great footballer but he is incredibly athletic. Not many players will outrun him or outmuscle him and I'd suggest that next to nobody will do both.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie-bee View Post
    I think the team he played in at Tynecastle all stayed together until the end of the season u16, 13 of the squad signed for professional teams
    Only 3 or 4 signed professional. My son played for the same team.

Calum went to Hearts when he was 16. Hearts have a 20% sell on clause which should bring them £1m/£2m when he moves on.