hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jamie Maclaren

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm surprised by the flak you've taken over this from a couple of posters. I have no issue at all with you and fellow members of the Aussie Hibs Supporters giving us your views on players you've seen a lot more of than us. I certainly don't see it as talking anyone down.

The MacLaren deal strikes me very much as you say. One that suits both parties at this time. Lennon himself said yesterday he's a little 'undercooked' but has clearly decided he's worth a punt. Hearts were also keen on him so he must have something about him.

Of course I'd love to see him bang in the goals and end up a major long-term success at Hibs, and who knows, stranger things have happened. However, at present he looks a useful enough player to have at our disposal with bags of energy and enthusiasm. Getting off the mark in such a big game will have done him no harm.
    Nice post but one which would benefit greatly from the deletion of the last sentence in the middle paragraph, which totally undermines the point you are making.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by famousfife View Post
    New rules suggest mclarens offside goal should have stood as the last touch came of the hun defender!
    Incorrect.

"A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area)."

In the case of MacLaren's offside goal on Saturday, both the Rangers defender and goalkeeper would been considered to have been making a save as they were attempting to stop the ball going into the goal.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Correct, it would even have stood at Tynecastle.
    Berra would still have appealed it

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Nice post but one which would benefit greatly from the deletion of the last sentence in the middle paragraph, which totally undermines the point you are making.
    You're quite right. What I meant to write was 'Hearts were also keen on him, but his preference for Easter Road proves he must possess some finesse as a footballer.'