hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For the drop

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    can we put in a bid for SA whilst he on loan to us ?

Don't see any reason why it cant be discussed at board level, I cant see him breaking into that Celtic team next season so it makes sense to let him go and play his football elsewhere. The only draw back is he is on a 4 year deal which expires in 2019.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Its tough to call:

DUNDEE ..... one of the better teams to visit ER this season IMO and its difficult to say based on their football that day why they are doing so badly. I want to see them stay up and for Utd to come up ....... The thought of the top league with the three biggest derby matches next season floats my boat no end.

HAMILTON .....I have nothing against them as such and I admire the hardy thousand or so who stick by them .... but it cant be denied that as an 'attraction' they bring nothing to the table and they have a two sided stadium and a bloody plastic pitch .... boo hiss !!! to both.

PARTICK ..... Like Hamilton fans to be admired ... on the upside they can deliver an away support way out of proportion to their home crowds, the downside is they are another club with a three sided bloody ground.

ROSS COUNTY .... Incredible support for a town the size of Peebles, a super away trip, a 4 sided ground, and Fonts plays for them ... what's not to like? ... downside is the travelling and their unsurprisingly tiny away support.

I would still say of the 4 Ross County look most likely and I wouldn't bet for a second on Dundee Utd beating any of the 4 relegation candidates in a play off, though a derby with Dundee would be a bit harder to call.

If its a preference I would like to see Hamilton and Ross County ( sorry Fonts ) replaced by St Mirren and Dundee Utd purely from a benefit to the league point of view. If not Utd then Dunfermline .. decent support and a proper football ground.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 04-02-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be fuming if I was a Dundeh fan, mind blowing that McCann let him go.
    McCann rarely started him for whatever reason and may see Simon Murray as a better bet. He is bonkers though.

I suspect that Scott Allan played his best match on Saturday since he left Hibs previously. He really hit the ground running. Almost like he had never been away.

Itll be between Partick and Hamilton for the drop.

Hamilton lost 3 or 4 big players for them in Devlin, Docherty and Donati for a start. Partick barely signed anyone.

Ross Co will be fine after signing some decent players. Saints will turn it around and Dundee have still got some decent players to call upon

Fonts will keep Ross County up. Hamilton Accies love the play offs and Dundee will collapse as their diddy manager pins his best players by the throat against the wall as a motivational technique.

I hope Ross County stay up, I love a wee trip up to the Highlands, especially since Inverness went down. No trips up there at all would be disappointing.

Out of the teams that are down there, I don't particularly have a team that I want to see go down although considering the fact that St Mirren are likely to be promoted, I wouldn't mind it if they replaced another west of Scotland team so Hamilton might be my preference if I was pushed for an answer.

Dundee for the drop
    Hamilton for the play off they will lose to Livingston their sixty season tickets will go berserk