hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was literally petrified when I saw the line up at 2pm...thought we were going for a 5 4 win or something. But who am I?? That was a gutsy decision and it paid off big time. Tremendous day to be a Hibee

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What is Gary Parker’s role in all this? He deserves a mention. Neil is the face of the operation but it’s a real partnership.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingalbert86 View Post
    These hands are not cupped ?dissapointing

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    I heard they were just about to but got fed up with folk calling them pricks?
    SAM - I’m sure with your skill set, you could make a ‘like’ button a reality!! BH

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Yet after the defeat to Hearts he was getting slated by some on here. Well done Lenny. Instilling a winning mentality little by little at Hibs.
    I don’t think it was just the Hearts result but our general form through December. The Hearts game was the pinnacle of this and add in the stokes omni shambles in the window, some and rightly so were questioning him but once again, I think he has proved his doubters wrong. I was in the ‘not to fussed if he left camp’ after the derby after fully supporting him previously, I’m now back to being Lennons biggest fan, he’s sorted out the squad and the storm cloud over the club with stokes now appears to be lifted...long may it continue.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Neil Lennons post match interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH_HNFE91RE

Really like this guy

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    He sets high standards, and it's the consistency of performance that stands out for me. There have been very few poor performances under Lennon, and while yesterday was a magnificent result, it was no surprise. I went to Ibrox expecting to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    I don’t think it was just the Hearts result but our general form through December. The Hearts game was the pinnacle of this and add in the stokes omni shambles in the window, some and rightly so were questioning him but once again, I think he has proved his doubters wrong. I was in the ‘not to fussed if he left camp’ after the derby after fully supporting him previously, I’m now back to being Lennons biggest fan, he’s sorted out the squad and the storm cloud over the club with stokes now appears to be lifted...long may it continue.
    Ah, so the toys are out the pram coz we lost to hertz.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Never let it be said that Hibs fans are a fickle bunch...

Eh! Not fussed if he left cos we lost 1-0 to the Yams ?

Are you for real

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    Eh! Not fussed if he left cos we lost 1-0 to the Yams ?

Are you for real
    And 2 weeks later being "Lennon's biggest fan" 😂😂😂

Maybe after our next poor-ish result you would do well to remember your words in this post. Bad results will come.again but some of the knee-jerk stuff on here lately has been a bit of a joke tbh we are clear 4th and now 2 pts of second in our 1st season back in prem for 4 years. I really don't know what some people expect of us

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Best all round Hibs manager in my lifetime - he is tactically aware and knows how to win with style or grind out results, the way he wanted to come to us speaks volumes about his belief in us as a club!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I was in the ‘not to fussed if he left camp’ after the derby after fully supporting him previously, I’m now back to being Lennons biggest fan

And this is why nobody in football should pay attention to the fans. Supporters views and "cast iron" opinions change as results change.

"Get rid" can change to "Longer contract" overnight.

Personally, I'm going to bookmark "Lennon is a genius" and "Lennon is a dud" auto-fills to take the hassle out of thinking beyond my knee jerk emotional reactions.

"I'm never going back" is another.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Tin hat firmly on here. To me NL has not addressed several issues during the season. Throw ins are probably the worst for keeping retention of the ball in the league and if not they must be well up there.

However my biggest criticism must come from goals conceded at the back post. Or alternatively NOT winning the ball at the back post. We have not addressed this all season and look at times absolute shambles.

On the positives though, NL has proved to me to be a leader look at the Stokes incident, he made a decision to get rid and followed it through. It was him who went after Stokes as his major signing and when he had to make the decision to cut all ties he did.

I really do believe we can get to Europe this season and next actually challenge for a cup and possibly a higher league finish which is all positive for us as fans and for the club in general.

One last thing yesterday proved ( to me at least ) that the players picked, put everything into the game to get a result for the club and fans. Not one or two players BUT every single player gave their all for that win yesterday. Motivation and man management skills certainly seem to be one of his strong points.

Problem HE HAS NOW is who does he pick for the next game.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    He has always been in the not sure category for me. It has never really went far above that or far below. He was simply doing a job. The biggest issue for me has been his signings and tactics. The signings column looks to have taken a step forward at the moment as Kamberi looks decent(Simon Murray did too) and Allen seems to have fitted right in and was excellent for 30 minutes yesterday(Stokes was excellent occasionally too). If they both kick on and Maclaren turns out to be decent too then that will be a major plus point. Rherras not playing suggests to me he could be the same as Big Dave and only used when Lennon can't think of another option.

The tactics is a funny one as The Rangers tore us a new one for the second half and Lennon didn't react to it at all. We were outnumbered time after time down our right and The Rangers were always going to score at some point. That said we won the game and it's a results business. He is sitting comfortably in 4th despite a hard run of games and lots of injuries to key personnel. For me he has crept into the performing better than expected marking and now we are in touching distance of 3rd has an opportunity to go higher.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post

Rherras not playing suggests to me he could be the same as Big Dave and only used when Lennon can't think of another option.
    He’s been brought in as cover nothing to do with Lennon not knowing what to do with him???

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    He just gets it right.

He knows exactly what is required to win games and it’s amazing how much he changes things depending on the opposition or players available.

Today was a stunning example of being able to adapt. He’s an absolutely fantastic manager that we’re privileged to have.

He certainly seems to be loving life at Hibs and his commitment and passion cannot be disputed.

Brilliant.
    A big part of that ability to change things like yesterday is confidence. He installs confidence in the players that they can do what he asks of them. They have the confidence in him that what he's asking of them will get them the result they want.

As others have said we are lucky to have him.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

The tactics is a funny one as The Rangers tore us a new one for the second half and Lennon didn't react to it at all.
    We had 5 first team players out injured.

The only reaction possible had to be from the players on the pitch, and react they did.

Rangers may have had a lot of possession, but we kept their chances to the minimum.

And we won because of it.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

The only reaction possible had to be from the players on the pitch, and react they did.

Rangers may have had a lot of possession, but we kept their chances to the minimum.

Cant have done, we were tore a new one?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Add to that it was our 5th game in 13 days which included away trips to Celtic and Hearts.

Lennon said fatigue played a huge part yesterday so it’s no surprise if we dropped off a bit in the 2nd half. Of course Rangers we’re going to come back at us, they’re not as bad as folk try to make out.

Rherras isn’t playing just now because Lennon hasn’t had much chance to work with him. He said that training has been difficult because they’re short of bodies and the guys that have been playing each game haven’t done much training.

He’s not been written off yet as some are trying to suggest. With the injuries in the squad he’ll get plenty of game time. Why go looking for negatives?!

Left by mutual consent!

The club has very admirably come through a sticky spell and very possibly what occurred in Portugal has been just what was required to sort out the problems within. A new sense of resolute professionalism has come to the fore in the last couple of weeks. If this team had faced the yams even with their brutal pitch I'm certain we would have won fairly comfortably.

mon the cabbage!!!

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Neil Lennons post match interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH_HNFE91RE

Really like this guy
    I couldn't believe our luck when he joined us... and I still can't. Some people just fit the Hibs, and he's one of them.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post

The club has very admirably come through a sticky spell and very possibly what occurred in Portugal has been just what was required to sort out the problems within. A new sense of resolute professionalism has come to the fore in the last couple of weeks. If this team had faced the yams even with their brutal pitch I'm certain we would have won fairly comfortably.

mon the cabbage!!!
    Funny I was thinking the same. The SC derby match almost came too early for this current squad.

First Team Breakthrough
    ave to say I was critical of lennon after he took bartley off against herts but at the time didn't know he was injured as badly as he was.so fair play to manager we are in much better place now.in his intervews cant help believing that he believes in us as ateam and a club.

He has always been in the not sure category for me. It has never really went far above that or far below. He was simply doing a job. The biggest issue for me has been his signings and tactics. The signings column looks to have taken a step forward at the moment as Kamberi looks decent(Simon Murray did too) and Allen seems to have fitted right in and was excellent for 30 minutes yesterday(Stokes was excellent occasionally too). If they both kick on and Maclaren turns out to be decent too then that will be a major plus point. Rherras not playing suggests to me he could be the same as Big Dave and only used when Lennon can't think of another option.

The tactics is a funny one as The Rangers tore us a new one for the second half and Lennon didn't react to it at all. We were outnumbered time after time down our right and The Rangers were always going to score at some point. That said we won the game and it's a results business. He is sitting comfortably in 4th despite a hard run of games and lots of injuries to key personnel. For me he has crept into the performing better than expected marking and now we are in touching distance of 3rd has an opportunity to go higher.
    Rherras is only here for cover with injuries to Gray and Whitty...so not that strange he never played yesterday.

Neil looked well happy post match. Again 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

Exactly this...he said in his interview on hibs tv that he wanted to make a defensive change but looked at bench and there was nothing there....honestly dunno what some posters are all about on here we were missing 4 first choice defenders yesterday...u could say an entire back 4

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    Neil looked well happy post match. Again 😊
    Not after match... but you get the picture

DVLzthbXkAMQRqM.jpg

Cat got the cream

He's probably as happy now with us, as at any time in his career

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    He’s been brought in as cover nothing to do with Lennon not knowing what to do with him???
    Our two right backs are injured, perhaps a situation requiring cover.

Lennon is raising bar. Hell get another crack at a top job if keeps up. He speaks off enjoying this team. He knows we can only go so far. Enjoy the ride while hes here. I dont want him to go but he really is the best choice for Scotland job. Thankfully those in charge dont see this