hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Scotland let everybody down again

Big build up, totally outplayed and out thought tactically by Wales, plenty of individual mistakes, BBC Rugby commentators and analysts bigging up certain Scottish players over the last few weeks, they've all been poor. The only one that has an excuse is Laidlaw who's been out for a while, but Townsend looks as if he's been completely out thought by the Welsh coach. Scotland are better than this, but nowhere near as good as some people seem to think, on this performance anyway.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Mistake after mistake, a shambolic performance.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Very very poor. Rabbits caught in the headlights once again.

Gave the game away, the Welsh weren’t anything special, we were shambolic.

some hard questions needing asked and answered by the coaching staff and the players.

The coaching staff must take their share of the blame but some of the errors on the field committed by the players were embarrassing and something that no rugby player at any level should make. Basic handling errors. Complete rethink needed needed before next week.

Intercept tries happen but no excuse for the way we just seemed to chuck it after that. Completely lost the plot. So poor. Watson just about got pass marks but he's the only one.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    won't even bother watching a recording of the game, unfortunately scotland are always capable of results like todays, still, £40 on a welsh win has softened the blow, read somewhere that since 2000 scotland have won away from home just 6 times...with 4 of they wins coming in italy, the french mucked up against ireland by missing a penalty with just a few mins left which would have meant the irish needing a try to win, but i was positive if ireland just controlled play from then on they were perfectly capable of winning with a drop goal...and they duly obliged with a great effort by sexton, they've set themselves up for a last day winner takes all at twickenham as i'm sure they will win all their next 3 games all at home v italy/wales/scotland, scotland(imo) will now be involved in the basement battle with italy to avoid that wooden spoon

p.s. cheeky wee £30 on england to win tomorrow in italy starting at -22 points
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 03-02-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    won't even bother watching a recording of the game, unfortunately scotland are always capable of results like todays, still, £40 on a welsh win has softened the blow, read somewhere that since 2000 scotland have won away from home just 6 times...with 4 of they wins coming in italy, the french mucked up against ireland by missing a penalty with just a few mins left which would have meant the irish needing a try to win, but i was positive if ireland just controlled play from then on they were perfectly capable of winning with a drop goal...and they duly obliged with a great effort by sexton, they've set themselves up for a last day winner takes all at twickenham as i'm sure they will win all their next 3 games all at home v italy/wales/scotland, scotland(imo) will now be involved in the basement battle with italy to avoid that wooden spoon

p.s. cheeky wee £30 on england to win tomorrow in italy starting at -22 points
    Brave bet - good luck !

Felt sorry for Scotland fans. Total underperformance.

Being Welsh I was well happy with a bonus point win but I'm also a big fan of Scotland rugby and felt disappointed. On to France next Sunday. Ill be looking for a big reaction.

It's between us and Italy for the wooden spoon. Again.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Gatland didn't pick Scots for the Lions because he doesn't feel they travel well.

Looks like he's right.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    First time on here after having been in Wales for the match. Travelled down on Thursday and spent roughly £700 and once again had a great weekend but ruined completely by the result. I feel we made a huge mistake getting rid of Cotter as coach. One of the top 4/5 coaches in the world to be replace by someone who might one day possibly maybe a very good coach. Too many wrong selections and too many just shat it basically in the big game atmosphere. I was there when we lost 50-3 and Saturday was a worse performance!!

I'm not sure if this has been a game for the purist as my knowledge of rugby is pretty much zero but it's been very entertaining in the way the scoring has gone.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

master class from townsend by finally taking finn russell off after 65 minutes, he really should have been taken off 25 minutes earlier at HT as he was absolutely abysmal today, tackling like a wee girl, kicking possession away constantly and the worst crime off all...failing to find touch 2 or 3 times but a great win in the end

Brilliant result. Some big performances in the forwards. Laidlaw outstanding. Jones back playing in his right position played well. Horne had a strong game. Only player who didn't have a good game was Russell. Stop believing the hype and get back to basics Finn. Kicking was awful as well. Need to up the performance levels by 20% to beat England

although it was a toss of the coin for me with which rugby manager i disliked more between Gattland and that ignorant little to$$er of a man eddie jones....jones wins it hands down, arrogant little gnome, hope he's proud of himself trying to embarrass the female interviewing him yesterday
    Jones is a horrible man. A good friend of mine knows him well through working for the SRU for years and said he is a complete ****er that no one can stand. All this bull**** just now about how jones is a wind up merchant and is alright is only because he is England coach. If he was Scotland coach and said some of that crap he would get slaughtered. Can't stand Gatland either mind

Finn Russell's form has went downhill since he signed his mega bucks contract with Racing 92. They must be a worried Club right now!

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Jones is a horrible man. A good friend of mine knows him well through working for the SRU for years and said he is a complete ****er that no one can stand. All this bull**** just now about how jones is a wind up merchant and is alright is only because he is England coach. If he was Scotland coach and said some of that crap he would get slaughtered. Can't stand Gatland either mind
    If his interview post match yesterday is anything to go by, he is certainly an arrogant git. The TMO fckd up big style with that decision and he wouldn't answer the question he was asked. I appreciate he was asked a 'what if' question but he just bullshttd the response.

Anyway, today's response by Scotland to last week was outstanding, despite Russell's below par performance and the ring loosening first ten minutes. I thought Gilchrist had possibly his best game for Scotland while Watson, Hoggy, Dents, Gray, Berghan and Laidlaw were tremendous. That was pretty physical at times.

And do you know what? Lenny was at the game!

Finn Russell is by far the best option we have at stand off. He's not been very good the first two games of the six nations but there's no way we can drop him. (Perhaps that's part of the problem?) He reminds me of Townsend in his younger days, a bit of a mercurial talent, equally as capable of throwing the game away with terrible decisions as he is of a moment of magic to win us a huge game. I was always gutted when Townsend was dropped for the likes of Duncan Hodge, it took some of the excitement of the game, so I hope they stick with Russell.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    If his interview post match yesterday is anything to go by, he is certainly an arrogant git. The TMO fckd up big style with that decision and he wouldn't answer the question he was asked. I appreciate he was asked a 'what if' question but he just bullshttd the response.

Anyway, today's response by Scotland to last week was outstanding, despite Russell's below par performance and the ring loosening first ten minutes. I thought Gilchrist had possibly his best game for Scotland while Watson, Hoggy, Dents, Gray, Berghan and Laidlaw were tremendous. That was pretty physical at times.

And do you know what? Lenny was at the game!
    So was McGinn. Seeing him was the highlight of my son's day although the game ran it a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post

i can certainly believe that horrible little scroat of a man, Gatlands remarks about the scottish team leading up to cardiff were pathetic as well, although the southern hemisphere teams play with some class... jones and Gatland have none whatsoever, classless/graceless fuds the two of them

i can certainly believe that horrible little scroat of a man, Gatlands remarks about the scottish team leading up to cardiff were pathetic as well, although the southern hemisphere teams play with some class... jones and Gatland have none whatsoever, classless/graceless fuds the two of them
    Anybody else think that if football managers did the same kind of prematch sledging on a daily basis that rugby coaches seem to do these days, we'd never hear the end of it?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I see the plane carrying the French team home has been grounded and French players removed for questioning by the police. Allegedly involved in a mass brawl on George Street.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I see the plane carrying the French team home has been grounded and French players removed for questioning by the police. Allegedly involved in a mass brawl on George Street.
    Who the heck in their right mind would take on the French rugby team at fisticuffs??
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    Who the heck in their right mind would take on the French rugby team at fisticuffs??
    Sky News are now saying it is to do with a sexual assault.

Edit: Police Scotland are now saying they have concluded that no crime has been committed.
    Last edited by overdrive; 12-02-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    George Best?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Finn Russell is by far the best option we have at stand off. He's not been very good the first two games of the six nations but there's no way we can drop him. (Perhaps that's part of the problem?) He reminds me of Townsend in his younger days, a bit of a mercurial talent, equally as capable of throwing the game away with terrible decisions as he is of a moment of magic to win us a huge game. I was always gutted when Townsend was dropped for the likes of Duncan Hodge, it took some of the excitement of the game, so I hope they stick with Russell.

Agree with you on all counts my friend

Scotland U 20s beat England tonight. An unbelievable result considering the gulf in resources both in personnel and finances. Well done the young team, fingers crossed for tomorrow for the big team

Left by mutual consent!
    Eddie Jones is Rugby's version of Levein (with success though), hope we can wipe that smirk off of his face.

Fighting in the tunnel before the game apparently. Love it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years