hibs.net Messageboard

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to the zombies, we won the match because Collum teaches in a RC school!

Magnificent!

Oh, and after today the leagues is over!!!!

Surprised you can type given how much skag is in your veins.

Thick zombies!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    50th Birthday today..meal out with my beautiful wife of 25 years..will be drinking bubbly to celebrate...I wonder if there will be succulent lamb on the menu... thank you for making my day so special Hibs 😁😁🍾

Quote Originally Posted by davemcbain View Post
    Lochinver is always buzzing - and there's at least six of us singing here tonight....double figures here we come
    Haven't been in Lochinver for a long time. The last drink I had in the Culag was in the 80s.

There will be many southern softies who will have no idea where Lochinver is!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    can anyone make a wee audio clip of chick young announcing the FT score... he sounded seriously down about it, not even his kid-on fav team winning could console him, poor wee lamb

Or a video-clip of the last 10 minute on Hun-TV ??. The 2 'commentators' (Huddit & Duddit), trying to speak 'proaperly and profeshunally', went to pieces in the last 10 minutes - by then it was like 2 Barry Fergusons were doing the commentary !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Very good performance from the team. I thought the first 45 minutes is the best I have seen us for a long time. We looked shaky at the start with the three at the back but as soon as Barker went off the shape looked so much better and we took control and were well worth our half time lead. The second half was a different game. Boyle played further up the park and The Rangers picked us off down that side time after time. Not sure if it was us getting tired or a tactical change but we struggled to play the way we can in the second half. What we did well was dig deep and Ryan Porteous looked more like an inspirational captain that a kid learning his trade. I thought Lennon was a bit slow to introduce some legs into the team as we looked dead on our feet, understandably, after 70 minutes or so. Hard to be critical though as whatever formation we played won another game at Ibrox.

The penalty was crazy from The Rangers but well done to Scott Allen for getting in the box and MacLaren for firing home. I thought Allen was excellent in the first 30 minutes, as most of our team were, but he wasn't that involved thereafter barring winning that all important penalty. I was not overly excited by his return but I was very impressed by how he fitted in and the team played some brilliant football in the first half with Allen the catalyst for most of it. Kamberi did well again and when Boyle did get wide in that first half we looked very dangerous with two players attacking the posts in the box.

I thought at the time the transfer window had taken us backwards but Kamberi is starting to look decent and at least as good as Murray. Hard to tell with MacLaren but he looks to have a good attitude and may well turn out to be good too. I am definitely having second thoughts about Allen. If I think of him as Stokes replacement then even if he is only excellent for a half he is going to have far more impact than Stokes did.

Well done Hibs, a very enjoyable day at the Fitba

Today's result was just the tonic for the worst hangover I have had in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    What is it with these 1 goal wins over them lately... used to be 3
    It's all petries penny pinching

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    One game in and lennons signings were immense today
    Surely not he can't recruit apparently?? Joking aside what a result and performance from such a makeshift backline...truly outstanding

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Terrific result today. So proud of this team that keeps on giving. Thats 9 points out of 12 after a crammed and very tough run of games. Different class Hibs! Well done to the all the players and Lenny who've all shown an immense amount of purpose, skill and character during this spell.

mon the cabbage!!!

What a result what a team very proud hibee today and I won the 1st goalscorer comp, total calsberg!

First Team Regular Corstorphine Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    hahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

YESSSSSSS

ONE NEIL LENNON
    It was coming.

Lennon either blind can't see it or is far too stubborn. Change was needed ffs

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by seanshow View Post
    What a result what a team very proud hibee today and I won the 1st goalscorer comp, total calsberg!
    Well done and congratulations, great result

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Haven't been in Lochinver for a long time. The last drink I had in the Culag was in the 80s.

There will be many southern softies who will have no idea where Lochinver is!!!
    There's quite a few of us locals who have no idea where Lochinver is this morning.
    Haste ye back.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by xyz23jc View Post
    Barry tae ken! Jist keep awa fae Ullapool mind, fair few six-fingered puddle-drinking fiends there I believe!
    Haha - It's a place to pass through on your way north - the one good thing though, Ullapool is one of the few places North of the Forth where you can get salt and sauce in a chippy.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Party in The Wayfairer Bar tonight is it?
    Was tempted, but a fine bottle of cremant with my wife was the winner.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Today's result was just the tonic for the worst hangover I have had in years.
    A tonic for the troops?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Has anybody mentioned Rocky's positioning at their free kick?
    I realise goalies sometimes don't stand dead centre of the posts but I thought he left a gaping hole for Goss to knock it into.
    Maybe he was trying the old Ronnie Simpson penalty trick. i.e. Leave a wide gap so you know where the kicker will put it. Rocky almost saved it so, if intentional, it almost worked.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Because Stevenson at CB is crazy.
    Just how crazy was it in the end :)

This formation is what I have been saying Lennon should play all year. With the players we have (3 very strong CBs) it seems silly to accomodate them all by playing one out of position.

As we saw a the weekend the team seemed to naturally form a 5 man defence while defending, with either of the 'wing backs' (Boyle & McGinn) falling back with Bartley.... with a strong attacking presence with width going forward.... it felt very balanced and I hope Lennon stays with it for a bit.

It could mean no place for Lewis ultimately, but its down to him to show he can get his crosses past the first man consistently!!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Just how crazy was it in the end :)

This formation is what I have been saying Lennon should play all year. With the players we have (3 very strong CBs) it seems silly to accomodate them all by playing one out of position.

As we saw a the weekend the team seemed to naturally form a 5 man defence while defending, with either of the 'wing backs' (Boyle & McGinn) falling back with Bartley.... with a strong attacking presence with width going forward.... it felt very balanced and I hope Lennon stays with it for a bit.

It could mean no place for Lewis ultimately, but its down to him to show he can get his crosses past the first man consistently!!
    3 central defenders allowes us to play 2 upfront

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    3 central defenders allowes us to play 2 upfront
    This too :)

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Has anybody mentioned Rocky's positioning at their free kick?
    I realise goalies sometimes don't stand dead centre of the posts but I thought he left a gaping hole for Goss to knock it into.
    Maybe he was trying the old Ronnie Simpson penalty trick. i.e. Leave a wide gap so you know where the kicker will put it. Rocky almost saved it so, if intentional, it almost worked.
    Come on. Looked like a brilliantly struck free kick rather than one which was knocked in.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Come on. Looked like a brilliantly struck free kick rather than one which was knocked in.
    Exactly.

It hit the crossbar before going in. For Rocky to have saved that, he would have needed to be standing about 6 feet further to his left, leaving the other side of the goal wide open.

It was a fine free kick.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Exactly.

It hit the crossbar before going in. For Rocky to have saved that, he would have needed to be standing about 6 feet further to his left, leaving the other side of the goal wide open.

It was a fine free kick.
    Where I was sitting, diagonally opposite corner, it looked unstoppable. Given the result was a Hun defeat not much has been made of it. Also fine

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Exactly.

It was a fine free kick.
    He did really well to get a hand to it and was so unlucky it then hit him to go over the line.

The most telling point is that they needed a free kick to get a goal against a defence which had never played together in that formation before.After the amount they’ve spent on attacking players the alarm bells should be ringing even in a support as thick as them.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    You're missing my point. I agree it was well struck and despite Rocky's positioning (right of centre) he almost saved it. Had he been slightly more central I think he would have given himself a better chance. As I said in the last post his positioning might have been an intentional ruse.