hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar

Wood Burning Stove Installer - Recommendations?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a HETAS approved wood burning stove installer?
    Mrs SG has her heart set on one, she's seen the one she wants but she needs an installer, already waited 2 weeks for a recommended one to get in touch and I'm now getting it in the ear because tradesmen don't follow through (I'm not involved in the decision making process whatsoever but I'm the one with the headache?).

We're in the EH12 area,,,,

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Heard good things about Tom Brock, know at least three people who have used them for wood burning stoves.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    My mate Chris at Fireplace Design on corner of Newhaven Rd and Ferry Road. He's a jambo but it's the only blot on his character as he's a top lad and really good at his work.

Are you buying the appliance yourself? If so it can be difficult to get an installer as they prefer only to fit stoves they're supplying themselves.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you buying the appliance yourself? If so it can be difficult to get an installer as they prefer only to fit stoves they're supplying themselves.
    That's part of the problem, the stove she wants is supplied by an Edinburgh stockist, they have a preferred fitter, their fitter is the one who hasn't made contact yet even though we've chased up the stockist twice over the last fortnight.
    I'd go elsewhere but "she who must be obeyed" knows her onions when it comes to these things, she's set on a particular make & model,,,,

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Maybe worth phoning and asking to speak to the manager. Explain the failure to contact you and set a deadline for contact otherwise you'll go elsewhere.