hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Wild defence for Celtic fan who lobbed smoke bomb into pub

In an attempt to avoid a banning order ...

“He is a Celtic season ticket holder and has been to thousands, not hundreds of Celtic games.”

I make it from wiki that since 1952 Celtic have played 1,805 - stretching it with “thousands” defence lawyer must have been a Jambo...

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/regions/glasgow-strathclyde/celtic-fan-banned-from-football-grounds-for-throwing-smoke-bomb-into-pub-1-4681327
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 02-02-2018 at 06:48 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Hmm 50 games a season only goes to 1000 games over 20 years so someone has their maths wrong.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Think of all the cash this roaster will save when he gets a banning order. Should be able to afford a big fine.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Don't get why being drunk and having no recollection of doing it should be included as part of the defence. As far as I'm concerned you should be held equally responsible for your actions regardless of how sober or drunk you are. Or if anything, more heavily punished if you are drunk.

The guy bought the smoke bomb off the internet so obviously got it with the intention of taking it to a match. I suppose he was drunk for about 3 days solid and doesn't even remember ordering it so he should be let off.

To allow no recollection as part of his defence is a joke, the law is indeed an ass!