hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 points.

A win on Saturday will pull us into the top of the table and show that we are competing for 2nd or 3rd.

Defeat would probably see us have to settle for 4th at best.

A draw leaves us still able to chase but struggling to catch any of the teams above.

Back up a win with a win against the Dons and I honestly don't see why 2nd is not a definite possibility.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Its a good lead over hearts at this stage but there's a lot of hard work to be done to finish above them and in the top 4. Just need to keep playing as we are and results will follow. Nothing to fear from Sevco and Sheep in our next 2 games. Just concentrate on ourselves......thats all we can influence.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    In case anyone doubts what a decent job we are doing - table at the end of last season;

table end of last.jpg

And the table right now:

table today.jpg

I have little doubt right now that we will overtake St J total for last year by seasons end - only need 17 points from 13 matches to match it - the question, I guess, is how the Gorgie Galacticos will do ??

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd disagree.

Going into the recent run of 5, I was focusing on wanting wins over Dundee and Motherwell. Any points from Celtic, rangers, or Aberdeen would be a bonus.

I'm expecting to only have a 1 point lead over hearts by the time we play Killie on 24/2 - it's kicking on from there and getting a good return from: Killie, Hamilton, Hearts, saints, Partick, and county that will determine if we get Europe.

Edit: this is on the assumption that 4th is what we're after for Europe so long as one of the top 3 win the cup.
    Sorry, but you surely can't be serious?

Granted points against Celtic away are a bonus, but we should never be going in to a game at Sevco away or Aberdeen at home viewing points as a bonus. Both are decent sides but so are we. We're more than capable of taking points from these 2 games.

You're confident Hearts will take 6 points from St Johnstone at home and Ross County away but have little or no confidence in Hibs? Strange, very strange.

One certainty. They won't ever get a 20,000 crowd into that rustbucket of a stadium no matter how successful they are.

It's all gone quiet on the triumphant biggest and best stadium front.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 221000 View Post
    Before I looked at that league, I reckoned you could have any combination of Rangers, Hearts, Hamilton and Motherwell in the top 4 dirtiest teams. Glad to see the Jambos rock bottom though, and makes Potter's rant about Scott Brown laughable.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Before I looked at that league, I reckoned you could have any combination of Rangers, Hearts, Hamilton and Motherwell in the top 4 dirtiest teams. Glad to see the Jambos rock bottom though, and makes Potter's rant about Scott Brown laughable.
    I'm surprised none of those giving the gimp a platform for his little rants have highlighted these facts...

... Nah! Not really

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Sorry, but you surely can't be serious?

Granted points against Celtic away are a bonus, but we should never be going in to a game at Sevco away or Aberdeen at home viewing points as a bonus. Both are decent sides but so are we. We're more than capable of taking points from these 2 games.

You're confident Hearts will take 6 points from St Johnstone at home and Ross County away but have little or no confidence in Hibs? Strange, very strange.
    I don't see how that's unreasonable - we're playing 2 teams above us in the league who beat us the last times of asking. Hearts are playing 2 teams below them (one dead bottom) who they beat the last times of asking (I think).

I imagine all 4 results there are the bookies favourite outcomes, so it's my expectation. I'll be happy should it not come true, obviously. That would give us a bigger gap going into our run of much more winnable games.
    Mon the Hibs.

I'm confident we'll will get points in the next two games and would you really be confident in them winning both games. The saintees game looks a nailed on draw to me and while they should beat county coyle could be gone by then and a new manager in. No point in trying to predict any games. Chelsea 0 Bournemouth 3 should warn anybody off taking results for granted. Irrelevant of the scores in the next couple of fixtures we will have played them and they will have them to play after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    One certainty. They won't ever get a 20,000 crowd into that rustbucket of a stadium no matter how successful they are.

It's all gone quiet on the triumphant biggest and best stadium front.
    Just like the dons building a super new stadium when they got under 14,000 at their last league game hertz can't sell out a home Derby in the cup and were over 3,000 under their capacity in the game v well and that after beating us in the cup. There are a lot of them staying away due to the football being played under Potter and the so called extra money they would get from the new stand looks unlikely unless they get a new manager in and get to see non hoofball at the pbs.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    I disagree and I've read this on a few threads now. Since when was Aberdeen at home a free swing? It's Aberdeen FFS. We were the better team for most of the last game at Easter Road and I'd expect it to be the same again. A good side, with some good players but they are far, far from unbeatable.
    Totally agree that is a game we need to win. Need to put the back in their pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    I disagree and I've read this on a few threads now. Since when was Aberdeen at home a free swing? It's Aberdeen FFS. We were the better team for most of the last game at Easter Road and I'd expect it to be the same again. A good side, with some good players but they are far, far from unbeatable.
    My thoughts exactly. No team at Easter Road is a "free shot" for us. Bugger that for a laugh, it's Aberdeen not Barcelona, no matter how much the former's fans believe they are the latter.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I don't see how that's unreasonable - we're playing 2 teams above us in the league who beat us the last times of asking. Hearts are playing 2 teams below them (one dead bottom) who they beat the last times of asking (I think).

I imagine all 4 results there are the bookies favourite outcomes, so it's my expectation. I'll be happy should it not come true, obviously. That would give us a bigger gap going into our run of much more winnable games.
    I sincerely hope our manager and the team he puts out have higher expectations than you.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    I'm confident we'll will get points in the next two games and would you really be confident in them winning both games. The saintees game looks a nailed on draw to me and while they should beat county coyle could be gone by then and a new manager in. No point in trying to predict any games. Chelsea 0 Bournemouth 3 should warn anybody off taking results for granted. Irrelevant of the scores in the next couple of fixtures we will have played them and they will have them to play after that.
    Aren't I the clever one. Pity I got the saintees game wrong. Have to say I couldn't see us beating both sevco and the dons but that why I stopped predicting results a long time ago. A draw v Killie and hopefully hertz get a draw at castle Greyskull. After that 5 games we should look for a good few points before the break.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    I sincerely hope our manager and the team he puts out have higher expectations than you.

Great set of results.
    Mon the Hibs.

The "natural order" comment is starting to look even more stupid.

One defeat in 16 games, crowing like nothing on earth, world beaters, world cup players, new?? stand, biggest football stadium in Edinburgh, 400,000 supporters and how many points behind us are they???

Oh ma sides........

Got away with it again with a goaline decision against Ross county. More points gained they shouldn’t have.

Quote Originally Posted by famousfife View Post
    Got away with it again with a goaline decision against Ross county. More points gained they shouldn’t have.
    The boy was offside though which is the decision that was given. So they deserved their point.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    The boy was offside though which is the decision that was given. So they deserved their point.
    Nope. The boy Smith is playing him onside

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jayjaygrant
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDavidGray View Post
    Nah, he was the last man, offside

Quote Originally Posted by Mcpakeisgod View Post
    Nah, he was the last man, offside
    Smith is just behind the goalie on the ground with a Ross County player and is playing Schalk onside.

Need another player to be beyond you to be onside, offside the correct decision on this one.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I think if I was the linesman I would have given the goal. Thought it was very obvious actually. Or maybe my green tinted specs may have come into play!!

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jayjaygrant
    Smith is just behind the goalie on the ground with a Ross County player and is playing Schalk onside.
    That’s exactly it mate, he’s behind the goalie

@hibs.net private member
    There were two defenders on the goal line so he was onside. Only one of the defenders was on the ground beyond the goal obscured from the linesman’s vision. Clear as day on the tv footage. What’s not so clear is whether all of the ball was over the line. Pretty sure it was though.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074

7 points.

Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    Gutted that hearts are on a massive winning streak,if only we could catch up with them.

Well, since they managed to get up above us before Christmas, we were never going to catch them, we will always be bottom 6 while they cruise through to the Champions league.

Aye right, get it right up ye, ya yam duds, and I hope they do slip down into the bottom 6 and stay there. (Killie 3 points off them with 2 games in hand, Motherwell 6 points behind, so watch this space jambos)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by mutley; 18-02-2018 at 10:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    There were two defenders on the goal line so he was onside. Only one of the defenders was on the ground beyond the goal obscured from the linesman’s vision. Clear as day on the tv footage. What’s not so clear is whether all of the ball was over the line. Pretty sure it was though.

He's definitely onside, though I'll be honest and say I never noticed the boy at the post playing him on at first.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by kevinc View Post
    Need another player to be beyond you to be onside, offside the correct decision on this one.
    I thought it was a goal Kev. appart from that, the goalie was trying to push everything in front of him. goal, imho