hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

Getting the Most Out of .Net

Fresh from the revelations of learning about multi-quoting (and let's all stop and take a moment to remember the sadly departed Delcy for his/her/its contributions to that great leap forward) can anyone advise this relic what I can do to keep updated on the threads I'm interested in rather than constantly having to refresh the main page?

I'm mindful that TDD is tomorrow and I wouldn't want to be missing out on a morsel of it. This place is likely to be awash with Pink Fuds for that so who wouldn't want to be privy to each and every one their brilliantly disguised contributions?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    You just have to pick and choose who to ignore. I don’t think there are as many ‘pink fuds’ as you and many others seem to think though.

In my mind it kind of defeats the purpose of a message board if you’re going to completely dismiss or ignore posts of the people whose opinion you don’t like. ‘LTYF’, or similar, seems to be the go-to for many who have a clear inability to see things from someone else’s perspective, regardless of whether the comment is of a ‘glass half empty’ nature or not.

Got to say I also enjoy habitually refreshing TDD thread too!

EDIT: I’ve just realised your post is actually asking the opposite. General point still stands though!
    Last edited by SRHibs; 30-01-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fresh from the revelations of learning about multi-quoting (and let's all stop and take a moment to remember the sadly departed Delcy for his/her/its contributions to that great leap forward) can anyone advise this relic what I can do to keep updated on the threads I'm interested in rather than constantly having to refresh the main page?

I'm mindful that TDD is tomorrow and I wouldn't want to be missing out on a morsel of it. This place is likely to be awash with Pink Fuds for that so who wouldn't want to be privy to each and every one their brilliantly disguised contributions?
    Click on thread tools (at top of thread) and subscribe to thread and you have some options about getting notifications just for that thread.

I'm working tomorrow then going to the game tomorrow night - this is far from the best TDD preparation.

If you are planning to take it seriously I would start feigning illness with increasing patheticness as today goes on, so your sickie tomorrow is not a surprise. To get you through your illness you'll need a big pile of space raiders, skips and other corn snacks, confectionery and old recipe Irn Bru.

You then need to miss our game tomorrow night (whose idea was it to have a game on this night of all nights btw?).

You then need to hope that other people have done the same as you.

Re pink fuds - don't give them a second though. There will be plenty of pish being spouted on here by proper hibbies to be thinking about them, although if anyone with a low post count comes on creaming themselves about 8ft tall strikers then maybe alarm bells should ring.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Click on thread tools (at top of thread) and subscribe to thread and you have some options about getting notifications just for that thread.
    Arise Sir JMS. You have raised my .net consciousness further. Ta.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    To further remove the potential for sweat breaking:

Sit back, feet up, snacks at hand.
    Last edited by jonty; 30-01-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Arise Sir JMS. You have raised my .net consciousness further. Ta.