hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think a wealthy benefactor taking over is such a pipe dream. If you think about it our league is not that good and someone willing to spend money and not worry about how much could guarantee European football every year.
    And then you woke up.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I don't think a wealthy benefactor taking over is such a pipe dream. If you think about it our league is not that good and someone willing to spend money and not worry about how much could guarantee European football every year.
    Hearts seem to have wealthy benefactors.Don’t see them cutting a swathe through Europe.

Lets be honest here.. how many would actually give a fortune to Hibs? Easy to expect others to. If you invest u wud expect something in return. As for The Proclaimers they did quite alot in the Hands off Hibs campaign

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    "Investing" suggests a "return". I'm not sure there's a return to be made from giving Hibs money.

Unless someone was to charge us 6.5% interest.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    Don't knock it, there's plenty Hibbies think the doctor's arrangement with the thieves (plus exceptional interest on a secure asset) is the future.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Its a shame he has little interest in the actual game, but he obviously loves Hibs. I wonder if his children are more into the actual game?
    got told from a fellow hibby his son is a big hibs fan and would be investing in hibs when his dad's gone. I personally don't believe it but could be true who knows?

Testimonial Due
    You’d have to be seriously nuts to pump money in to a football team. That’s why I’m shocked that Budge has put so much money in to HMFC when she was never a supporter in the first place. Does she have kids? I wonder how they feel about her throwing away so much cash to achieve just the one win against their local rivals in the last 10 games. I presume the extra £4m that’s been donated anonymously is coming from Budge and is not expecting any return.

How much would you need to spend to make a consistent impact every season? Probably something like £10m a year to achieve second place? If you were a wealthy Hibs fan would you be happy with your return if all you achieved was what Aberdeen have achieved?

We've got a Board of Directors and it's their job to run the club - not the fans.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    This all reeks a bit like Hearts - Hibs don't need to pass the begging bowl/cash cows around and ask for handouts.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Judy was at the Cup Final, I think. Also Tony Mowbray was very pally with the Murray clan back in the day.

That's all I know.......
    Remember that Judy's father ie., Andy/Jamie's grandfather played for us. Thats where it all came from.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    As others have said you’d have to be crazy to invest in a football club in that way. If you won £150m on the euromillions or something then I think I’d maybe pay for a few things to be done at Hibs - small improvements like the sound system, maybe pay for a screen in one of the corners etc, but no way would I be offering to pay a marquee signings wages or something along those lines.

Frank Dougan

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by andybev1 View Post
    I know it is a pipe dream but is their rich hibs supporters that you would like to see splash the cash.

The obvious ones are Andy Murray, charly and craig Reid (altough I read that one of the is only worth £850,000 ) and maybe Irvine welsh is worth a few million.

Anyone know of any rich supporters - preferably on the level of murray.

I wonder if stephen Hendry gives any cash to hearts - could be one of those annonymous donors.
    I remember him being quoted "he would not waste his money on Hearts"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Jamie Murray and his mum are big Hibees.
    Murray always lets it be known in interviews that he's a Hibee at least. Watched an interview he done with Guillem Balague and when asked on who he supported he said Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    As others have said you’d have to be crazy to invest in a football club in that way. If you won £150m on the euromillions or something then I think I’d maybe pay for a few things to be done at Hibs - small improvements like the sound system, maybe pay for a screen in one of the corners etc, but no way would I be offering to pay a marquee signings wages or something along those lines.
    If I won £150m I’d guarantee plenty of it went to Hibs. £20m minimum plus upgrade the training centre (indoor facilities), facilities in the east stand... club would be sorted for a while that’s for sure, and they could buy plenty players.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    If I won £150m I’d guarantee plenty of it went to Hibs. £20m minimum plus upgrade the training centre (indoor facilities), facilities in the east stand... club would be sorted for a while that’s for sure, and they could buy plenty players.
    Spread the 20m over 5-10 years and we might be on to something. Giving it to the club in one go would be asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    Murray always lets it be known in interviews that he's a Hibee at least. Watched an interview he done with Guillem Balague and when asked on who he supported he said Hibs.
    Andy Murray done a promotional video for his sponsors, Aberdeen Standard, last week.

He was asked who would win the Scottish League and he said “Hibs”. At least it gets our name out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Spread the 20m over 5-10 years and we might be on to something. Giving it to the club in one go would be asking for trouble.

No fun. Do the lot in one hit.

I think Sir Tom and Hibs missed a wee chance after winning the cup. A small personal cash injection could have went a long way.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    I think sir tom is doing enough.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    I think Sir Tom and Hibs missed a wee chance after winning the cup. A small personal cash injection could have went a long way.

He wouldn't have needed to inject cash...he could have taken the bold call and written off some of the outstanding debt to him...would have been a magnificent gesture..we can but dream.

edit: ps , I guess he did in a way by refinancing (and reducing) the debt we had with the bank...so fair credit for that...
    Last edited by bigwheel; 29-01-2018 at 09:36 AM.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    These threads make me laugh

We have folk coming on here to suggest that wealthy Hibs supporters punt in vast amounts of cash, when we are struggling to get any traction at all from our own supporters pumping in the princely sum of £10 per month.

Am I the only one to find this amusing?

Unfortunately, I can't see anybody that careless with money being interested in Scottish Football. There are better prospects in more attractive leagues.

Did nobody manage to get a word with Bill Gates last week?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Jack Docherty?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

We have folk coming on here to suggest that wealthy Hibs supporters punt in vast amounts of cash, when we are struggling to get any traction at all from our own supporters pumping in the princely sum of £10 per month.

Aye. We have 13,000 season ticket holders, Leeann said that we are heading towards 30% ownership between HSL and the shareholders. Fans are doing their bit already.

I wonder how Hearts and Aberdeen are able to attract large scale investment by mystery donors yet we can't?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Aye. We have 13,000 season ticket holders, Leeann said that we are heading towards 30% ownership between HSL and the shareholders. Fans are doing their bit already.

I wonder how Hearts and Aberdeen are able to attract large scale investment by mystery donors yet we can't?
    It was about 34% at last count.

Interesting variation on the "How many famous Hibbies can we name?" thread topic. Other than that, we already won the lottery when Tom Farmer got involved. Nowadays, the last place anybody sensible with serious cash will be investing is Scottish football.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    Interesting variation on the "How many famous Hibbies can we name?" thread topic. Other than that, we already won the lottery when Tom Farmer got involved. Nowadays, the last place anybody sensible with serious cash will be investing is Scottish football.
    Except that there has been significant cash investment at Aberdeen. Hearts and Motherwell?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

It's not a lot of money for some, but for many on tight budgets donating £120 a year is unaffordable.
    It seems to be now that supporting the club by committing to a Season Ticket in the numbers that we have seen and going to as many away games as you can to support the team when finances dictate is not enough. Not that this expectation is coming from the club.
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 29-01-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Except that there has been significant cash investment at Aberdeen. Hearts and Motherwell?
    I suppose it depends on what constitutes significant investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    I suppose it depends on what constitutes significant investment.
    Being able to sign players that we might be competing for (ie; Mc Ginn), Aberdeen's turnover is nearly 5 million greater than our own, despite smaller crowds. Prizemoney and our years in the lower tier contribute, but the rich dudes contributions are probably pretty significant to this.

Point is that there are people investing in our game. It would be nice to get a piece of that.