hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The next 4 games

Celtic away saturday
    motherwell home Wednesday
    The Rangers away next saturday
    aberdeen home 3 weeks on saturday

how many points will we pick up out of those 4?

ill go:

celtic 0
    motherwell 3
    rangers 1
    aberdeen 1

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    3 points against Motherwell. 1 point at most from the other three, probably at Ibrox.

6+ points would be good enough imo. Recent form hasn't been great but the win on Wednesday was vital to get us back on track. These sort of runs in the fixture list really sort out the men from the boys.

@hibs.net private member
    Defeat At Celtic, though I think we may score first

Motherwell win

The Rangers draw ( however think for once we’ll be lucky to get the point, as I think they’ll make more and better chances )

Aberdeen win

GGTTH

2 points - draws against Motherwell and Aberdeen.

We might beat Motherwell, we might lose to Aberdeen, we won't get anything against Rangers or Celtic.

Absolute maximum of 4 I think.

The Motherwell game is a must win.

Celtic I'd be surprised if we get anything.

Win against Motherwell is an absolute must.

Rangers have improved but will still give us chances so we could nick something.

Aberdeen we need to be better. Two games against them we've hardly had a shot on goal.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtic I'd be surprised if we get anything.

Win against Motherwell is an absolute must.

Rangers have improved but will still give us chances so we could nick something.

Aberdeen we need to be better. Two games against them we've hardly had a shot on goal.
    That’s where I am. We have to beat Motherwell. No ifs or buts, win there and take at least 1 point from the other three then we will be ahead of hearts in 4th at worst after our last hard run of fixtures until after the split.
    Aberdeen and hearts both have difficult fixtures after our period so if we can stay in 4th but within 3-5 of Aberdeen there’s no reason why we can’t chase them late on in the season.

There was a thread about our "next 5 games" before Dundee

I said at the time we'll get 9 or 10 points. So from these 4 I'm saying 6 or7. The beast has been rattled after the nonsense spouted by Levein.

If our front 3 had finished half their chances we'd have won comfortably on Wed night

NLGAWA

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    10 points :)

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    Admire your optimism, but I will say 2 points max

Blog Entries
    Win v Motherwell, draw with Aberdeen.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    I'll raise you..12 points !

1-2 Celtic Celtic score first but then Swanson equalises with a volley from the edge of the box after a headed clearance. 5 mins to go and Celtic get a dodgy penalty after the ball hits Stevenson's arm as he is blocking a cross. Marciano saves and the ball goes straight up the other end as Hibs break fast. Boyle crosses for Maclaren to score.

3-0 Motherwell At last Hibs get a win without making the fans suffer. Swanson and Maclaren are again the heroes as both score goals in the first half as their understanding gels quickly. In the first 30 mins of the second half Motherwell apply some pressure, but Marciano makes two great stops and late substitute Oli Shaw curls in a lovely shot to out the game to bed.

1-2 Rangers The first half is a battle that Hibs seem to have the better of, but after a poor clearance from a corner the ball is quickly recycled and Morelos continues his excellent scoring form by stooping to head past Marciano. Rangers hit the post early in the 2nd half, but finally Hibs get more traction and a powerful run down the left by Swanson is met by Maclaren, his header is saved but SJM has made his way into the box and fires home the rebound. Within 2 minutes Hibs are ahead. It's similar to the first goal, but this time it's Ambrose who crosses from the right and Maclaren again gets their first forcing a save as he stabs at the ball. It falls for Slivka who dinks a beautiful chipped finish over the advancing rangers defenders. Mcgregor and Hanlon are superhuman in the last 15 minutes as Hibs hold out for the win.

1-0 Aberdeen widely tipped as a goal frenzy, this match is actually quite a dour affair, with both midfields matching each other well. chances are missed by both teams but none of them clear cut until a lovely interchange between Swanson and Substitute Brandon Barker finally leads to Barkers first ever goal for hibs.

Hardly worth watching now is it !

Somewhere between 2 and 6. I'll go for 4.. with the win coming against Aberdeen, and a draw with Motherwell.

Really don't fancy going to either of the ugly sisters right now, never mind both.

Oh well.. prove us wrong Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Somewhere between 2 and 6. I'll go for 4.. with the win coming against Aberdeen, and a draw with Motherwell.

Really don't fancy going to either of the ugly sisters right now, never mind both.

Oh well.. prove us wrong Hibs
    Sellick haven't been playing great, fancy us to get a least a point. Beat sevco no problem either
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Sellick haven't been playing great, fancy us to get a least a point. Beat sevco no problem either
    I sincerely hope you're right

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Its went from folk looking through their fingers at the next five to now the next four - we saw off Dundee and I fancy us to win or draw tomorrow. Two draws to date this season against Celtic both home and away. There isn't anyone in this league we can't beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Its went from folk looking through their fingers at the next five to now the next four - we saw off Dundee and I fancy us to win or draw tomorrow. Two draws to date this season against Celtic both home and away. There isn't anyone in this league we can't beat.
    True - but we also aren't very good at putting a run of victories together.

We're very inconsistent.

It wouldn't surprise me if we won any of the games, it wouldn't particularly surprise me if we lost them all.

You don't really know what you're going to get with this team.

One of the key factors could be getting Marvin Bartley back fit. He's made for these fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    We're very inconsistent.

It wouldn't surprise me if we won any of the games, it wouldn't particularly surprise me if we lost them all.

You don't really know what you're going to get with this team.

One of the key factors could be getting Marvin Bartley back fit. He's made for these fixtures.
    I think performance wise we are quite consistent, in that we tend to dominate, or at least create the greater number of chances, in almost all games.

However, we don't seem able to hold down a consistent run of results because of our lack of quality up top and inability to finish the chances we create. As a result we see a lot of draws while most wins and defeats are by the odd goal.

We are due a win against Aberdeen. they robbed us at ER last time and the players need to make up for the last game against them. Mind you McInnes might have 6 at the back again...

Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    I think performance wise we are quite consistent, in that we tend to dominate, or at least create the greater number of chances, in almost all games.

However, we don't seem able to hold down a consistent run of results because of our lack of quality up top and inability to finish the chances we create. As a result we see a lot of draws while most wins and defeats are by the odd goal.
    I agree with what you say, and you can throw in the odd bit of careless defending as well that has put us on the back foot in far too many games.

We're not far off being a very good side, but I wouldn't bet on us or against us on any given week, as we have the ability to win the most challenging and lose the easiest of games.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    True - but we also aren't very good at putting a run of victories together.
    Also true

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Win v Motherwell, draw with Aberdeen.
    It is sad that we are not looking forward to these fixtures as a stepping stone to improving our league position.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    I'll raise you..12 points !

1-2 Celtic Celtic score first but then Swanson equalises with a volley from the edge of the box after a headed clearance. 5 mins to go and Celtic get a dodgy penalty after the ball hits Stevenson's arm as he is blocking a cross. Marciano saves and the ball goes straight up the other end as Hibs break fast. Boyle crosses for Maclaren to score.

3-0 Motherwell At last Hibs get a win without making the fans suffer. Swanson and Maclaren are again the heroes as both score goals in the first half as their understanding gels quickly. In the first 30 mins of the second half Motherwell apply some pressure, but Marciano makes two great stops and late substitute Oli Shaw curls in a lovely shot to out the game to bed.

1-2 Rangers The first half is a battle that Hibs seem to have the better of, but after a poor clearance from a corner the ball is quickly recycled and Morelos continues his excellent scoring form by stooping to head past Marciano. Rangers hit the post early in the 2nd half, but finally Hibs get more traction and a powerful run down the left by Swanson is met by Maclaren, his header is saved but SJM has made his way into the box and fires home the rebound. Within 2 minutes Hibs are ahead. It's similar to the first goal, but this time it's Ambrose who crosses from the right and Maclaren again gets their first forcing a save as he stabs at the ball. It falls for Slivka who dinks a beautiful chipped finish over the advancing rangers defenders. Mcgregor and Hanlon are superhuman in the last 15 minutes as Hibs hold out for the win.

1-0 Aberdeen widely tipped as a goal frenzy, this match is actually quite a dour affair, with both midfields matching each other well. chances are missed by both teams but none of them clear cut until a lovely interchange between Swanson and Substitute Brandon Barker finally leads to Barkers first ever goal for hibs.

Hardly worth watching now is it !

Loving it!!

I think we will lose heavily to Celtic, were really nowhere near good enough, I will go for 2 points, that´s 2 draws against the dons (if were lucky) and well. Infact Mr Doom and gloom will go for 1 pt, a draw against well.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Beating Dundee and Motherwell was the priority for me, as I think we'll struggle to get anything from the other 3 - although taking something off Aberdeen at home isn't impossible given we faired well last time we met at ER.

Reassess after that with an "easier" run of games into the split.
    Mon the Hibs.

Even a win v M' well isn't a sure thing.

Testimonial Due
    I think we could manage at least 5 points from the 4 games, but we have to stop losing bad goals, like set piece V Hertz, we have plenty of chances created but as yet no regular taker of these chances?

We can cement our top 6 position after these 4 games, but someone has to step up and score regularly!!!!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

0-2 v Celtic
    1-0 v Motherwell
    0-2 v Rangers
    1-2 v Aberdeen

You'll be pleased to know I'm going to three of these games.