Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No.
    Thank you.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    MacSkilll was the so called brains behind both the OFB and the police merger. Both were opposed by industry experts. The Offensive behaviour at football act was poor legislation from the outset, judges, lawyers, most football fans and human rights activists all agreed it was an unnecessary discriminatory law and ineffective in achieving stopping sectarianism at football and in society

As you've not added IMO after this I'll assume it's just a straight lift from the Daily Mail.

Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    This. If it had been used as intended, it would be hailed a success. Supporters can be 'educated' in what's right and what's wrong but unless its enforced (ie see smoke bombs, smoking, pitch invasions) then supporters will continue to do as they like.

The flip side, is clubs should be leading by example. Celtic haven't been caught up in any wrong doing (yet) while Rangers are rotten to the core.

I assume you mean by the SFA?

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...ears-1-4559301

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by JK Rolling View Post
    280k over 10 years is nothing compared to what hearts and the rangers have been up to. ******** fans is one thing. Crookedly running a business is another.

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Finish the sentence those that think we should keep it. The Offensive Behaviour at Football Act has made a difference because........

Scotlands shame, will only be tackled when it's points deducted or having to play in empty stadiums.
    and no tv coverage
    but it obviously doesn't bother sky or bt what their viewers hear as they insist that one them is on every week

280k over 10 years is nothing compared to what hearts and the rangers have been up to. ******** fans is one thing. Crookedly running a business is another.
    It is something, namely the something that this thread is the subject of. ON THIS SUBJECT Celtic FC are culpable. As culpable as The Rangers and any other sets of fans who contravene it. Where these teams fans differ from the Celtic fans is in the pursuit of the "We are persecuted agenda". Their creation the FAC group to oppose this legislation speaks volumes. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Your point regarding the running of their clubs has been, and will continue to be, covered in other threads.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by JK Rolling View Post
    It is something, namely the something that this thread is the subject of. ON THIS SUBJECT Celtic FC are culpable. As culpable as The Rangers and any other sets of fans who contravene it. Where these teams fans differ from the Celtic fans is in the pursuit of the "We are persecuted agenda". Their creation the FAC group to oppose this legislation speaks volumes. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Your point regarding the running of their clubs has been, and will continue to be, covered in other threads.
    oh. looks like I've rattled the thread police.

280k is nothing. they wont notice unless its larger fines. much larger.
    And more importantly, why UEFA and not Scottish authorities? this takes me back to my original response.
    Last edited by jonty; 29-01-2018 at 07:56 PM. Reason: missing smiley

oh. looks like I've rattled the thread police.

280k is nothing. they wont notice unless its larger fines. much larger.
    And more importantly, why UEFA and not Scottish authorities? this takes me back to my original response.

Consider yourself slippered.

Fully agree with you as far as their fines are concerned, a drop in the ocean. Agree also re the bottleless Scottish footballing authorities. I think that's why I wanted the Act to be successful in order to make inroads into what is a serious social problem that exists in abundance outwit the game.

Not sure the police did as much as they could have but I would assume that that in part was due to limited resources at the games. That said though, if the Scottish Government were that serious about the Act then they should've funded the infrastructure to back it up.