hibs.net Messageboard

Classic 90s/David Gray shirts to swap & Bestie Bobble Hats for sale

I hope you don't mind me posting this here chaps, but I was at the game against Ross County just before Christmas and after buying a bobble hat from the club shop. Unfortunately, by the time I got to the shop after the match, the hat I wanted was sold out (and remains sold out last time I looked), so I decided to produce some hats myself - inspired by the great Georgie Best and that wonderful Bukta kit from the late 70s/early 80s.

Travelling up on the train from Warrington, I don't get to games as often as I would like (having attended my first match at Easter Road as a 20-yer-old in the early 2000s) but I'll be returning for the game against Motherwell on the 31st and bringing a number of these bobbles with me.

I've only got a limited number produced and designed a number of hats before deciding upon this one.

The hats, featuring an embroidered old badge, are as thick as Craig Levein and when a friend bought on the other day, they thought I'd handed over two bobbles, they're that chunky... and are guaranteed to keep that Firth of Forth chill at bay on a cold afternoon/evening at ER.

I'll probably be in the Mash Tun from about 5pm and after the game until last orders, so if anyone would like one of these, they will cost 15 each. Please either send us a message or let me know if you would like a hat, and we can arrange a convenient time and place to meet.

I can also post a hat out to you if you're interested. Please PM if so...

I am also a collector of old or match worn tops and have a few in my collection I'd be willing to swap if you're interested, including a Mitre home shirt from 94-95 and a Bukta purple away top from 92-94, while I'd be reluctant to part with the David Gray away shirt from the Cup-winning season but would consider it for the right swap. I'm mostly after any Umbro/Adidas 80s/early90s shirts if you have any you don't fit into any more any would like to swap for any of these. The 90s tops I have are sized 42-44 (about a large in today's money), while the David Gray shirt is XL.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Simkin911's Avatar
    Bought one of these hats - Id like to say thanks! Received in post today. Im pleased with it! Cheers. S.

I'm glad you like it pal, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by McrHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm glad you like it pal, cheers
    I would like a hat if you still have them available?

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    I would like a hat if you still have them available?
    I think I've sent you a PM with details mate.

Still hats available if anyone needs to keep out this winter cold!

I think I've sent you a PM with details mate.

Still hats available if anyone needs to keep out this winter cold!
    replied to the pm and sent payment mate, let me know all went through ok

thanks a lot

I'll be sending the hat for you today chief as signed-for so should be with you for the weekend hopefully. Cheers, Dave

I'll be sending the hat for you today chief as signed-for so should be with you for the weekend hopefully. Cheers, Dave
    not here yet mate

Hat has arrived, very happy with it
    Last edited by tricky; 19-02-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    Hat has arrived, very happy with it
    Nice one pal, glad it's finally got to you and apologies for the delay - finally succumbed to that man flu everyone's been moaning about these last couple of months, and was totally knocked out for a week. I'll keep an eye out for the fella trying to keep warm at the match wearing one of these, and say hello if I see you in future. Cheers chief

Just to update everyone, thanks to all who have bought the hats so far and the positive comments. I'm made up you're all liking them and will no doubt knock up another design next winter (got a few sketched up already).

GGTTH
    Last edited by McrHibee; 28-02-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Just to update everyone, thanks to all who have bought the hats so far and the positive comments. I'm made up you're all liking them and will no doubt knock up another design next winter (got a few sketched up already).

GGTTH
    Any hats left friend? Sorry I'm late....!

Nice one pal, glad it's finally got to you and apologies for the delay - finally succumbed to that man flu everyone's been moaning about these last couple of months, and was totally knocked out for a week. I'll keep an eye out for the fella trying to keep warm at the match wearing one of these, and say hello if I see you in future. Cheers chief
    no bother mate, very warm hat, thanks again.

large snowman been wearing the said hat in my garden in Leith today...don't know how to post a picture of it..

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Any hats left friend? Sorry I'm late....!
    Bump.

Since first posting this, I've had a few people asking when I'll be next up for a game with some hats... so after disappointingly not being able to get to the derby, if anyone is attending Friday's match at St Johnstone and would like one of these, please say hello to the fella wearing one of the hats on Friday. If he doesn't respond with a Mancunian accent then you've collared the wrong person.

The feedback's been superb from those who have bought a 'Bestie Bobble' thus far, so thanks for supporting me with this initiative.

Cheers, Dave