hibs.net Messageboard

Joshua vs Wilder

Reading between the lines this has been pencilled in for the summer! Must have an agreement in place

2. Log in to remove the advert

It's certainly the fight the boxing world wants from a crossover point of view. It would be a mega fight. I'm not sure either fighter should be looking beyond their next opponents though as neither fight is a 'gimme'.

I would day if it is the case then fair play to Joshua, he has previously said he wants to fight anyone to get his hands on the belt and he seems to be proving it's not just words. If the fight goes ahead his last 4 fights would read:

Klitschko
    Takam (should have been Pulev)
    Parker
    Wilder

With Pulevs injury and Fury being out the ring seemingly indefinitely you could only really sub in Povetkin to make that a tougher run of fights.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

No chance it happens in the summer Joshua only fights twice a year once in March/April then a fight later on in the year

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No chance it happens in the summer Joshua only fights twice a year once in March/April then a fight later on in the year
    Him and Hearn HAVE said he wants 3 fights this year. Would mean being back in training at the start of may for a end of July fight, then back in training mid September for a mid December fight. Would seem rather tight.

I cant see Joshua fighting Wilder until he has fought Fury.

The Fury fight is an absolutely massive mega money fight and I reckon Joshua's team see it as a reasonably easy fight (Fury wont be the same as he was previously unfortunately , I dont think you can eat ,drink and take drugs like he has and not expect it to harm you physically). Fury has proved everyone wrong before but something tells me he wont be able to live up to an absolute machine like Joshua for 12 rounds after his self inflicted damage. It might look a long road back for Fury at the moment but money talks and I wouldn't be surprised to see that fight in the next 12 months or so.

Joshua v Wilder is a tougher fight as Wilder has immense power and it will likely be a case of who lands first , to me thats a 50-50 and I think Hearn knows that.

Joshua v Fury at Wembley for the Heavyweight Championship while both men are unbeaten will break all box office records and earn both men an absolute fortune. Joshua v Fury at Wembley for no world title and Joshua coming off a loss against Wilder is not nearly as big a fight. Add into the mix that Wilder aint getting any younger Joshua and team will be quite happy for him to age another year or 2 before they fight.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I cant see Joshua fighting Wilder until he has fought Fury.

The Fury fight is an absolutely massive mega money fight and I reckon Joshua's team see it as a reasonably easy fight (Fury wont be the same as he was previously unfortunately , I dont think you can eat ,drink and take drugs like he has and not expect it to harm you physically). Fury has proved everyone wrong before but something tells me he wont be able to live up to an absolute machine like Joshua for 12 rounds after his self inflicted damage.

Joshua v Wilder is a tougher fight as Wilder has immense power and it will likely be a case of who lands first , to me thats a 50-50 and I think Hearn knows that.

Joshua v Fury at Wembley for the Heavyweight Championship while both men are unbeaten will break all box office records and earn both men an absolute fortune. Joshua v Fury at Wembley for no world title and Joshua coming off a loss against Wilder is not nearly as big a fight. Add into the mix that Wilder aint getting any younger Joshua and team will be quite happy for him to age another year or 2 before they fight.
    I kinda disagree. I think Fury is everything AJ doesn’t want in an opponent. But aside from that, Fury is very stubborn. He’s currently saying he’d want a 60/40 split in his direction against AJ, and while I know there’s a bit of bravado there, Hearn would be looking for 60/40 the other way which Fury won’t agree to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Him and Hearn HAVE said he wants 3 fights this year. Would mean being back in training at the start of may for a end of July fight, then back in training mid September for a mid December fight. Would seem rather tight.
    Last year was the 1st year Joshua hasn't followed at least a 3 fight a year schedule and I think that was in part due to the delay in confirming Klitschkos availability.

Obviously his fights are getting tougher now but spring, late summer and winter still seems achievable for him.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I think the version of Fury that beat Wlad would have the beating of Joshua but I don't think we will ever see that Fury again. Very interesting fight though.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 26-01-2018 at 04:03 PM.