hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    He wants out. The posters saying Lennon is the best manager ever etc are disgraces. He couldn't care less about Hibernian. He really couldn't.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He’s said a few times he’s too young for the Job and he sees it as a role for an older manager, those quotes in the sunnatr pretty damning though so it sounds like he’s maybe changed his mind.

To get round his unpopularity with half of the country he’d probably just appoint McCoist or someone else rangers minded to the coaching staff.

FWIW I think he’d be the perfect fit for the job and a great appointment for the exact same reasons Rodgers gave.
    If you watch the interview on hibs tv it's not quite the "please approach me now" the papers have made it out as.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    Said many times this season to my mates, lennon will leave at end of the season and Stubbs/Doolan will be back in charge. Just my prediction
    Offer John Doolan what he wants. He won't try to sign Emile Heskey.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    If you watch the interview on hibs tv it's not quite the "please approach me now" the papers have made it out as.
    Exactly this. Complete non story.

To suggest that he wants out is nonsense. He can walk away any time he wants.

Left by mutual consent!
    Brendan Rodgers is his mate. It's being played out for a reason. A very well respected and established poster on her (not me I'm irrelevant) said last week this whole thing won't end well. Neil Lennon I'll say it will be gone by June at the latest and I'm willing to bet anyone £100 into Leithlinks it's the case.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Exactly this. Complete non story.

To suggest that he wants out is nonsense. He can walk away any time he wants.
    Fake news stoking up negativity regarding our club from a largely Jabba controlled Scottish media that stinks like a hunyam piggery. Who'd have thunk it eh?

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Exactly. Anyone who has watched his interview on Hibs TV would not interpret that as him saying that he wants the Scotland job.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    He wants out. The posters saying Lennon is the best manager ever etc are disgraces. He couldn't care less about Hibernian. He really couldn't.
    Starting fires again?

😉

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    The media is a funny bugger. There's a pretty good possibility that Neil put Rogers and/or McNamara up to making the 'speculation' as a roundabout way of announcing he was interested in the job - it'd be far from the first time that feelers would have been sent out this way by managers hunting for jobs, and Lennon certainly didn't do anything to shut down the speculation when they pressed him at the press conference.
    That same thought crossed my mind, didn't pay much attention to McNamara but when Rodgers came out with his statement backing Lennon for the Scotland job, it must have been with Lennon's knowledge, he didn't exactly extinguish the possibility in his BBC interview, quote below.

"If an approach comes, and it's a huge if, then we will deal with it accordingly but until then there's no further comment," the Hibs boss added.

"It's very flattering from someone of Brendan's stature in the game and I appreciate the sentiment, but I am the Hibs manager."

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Hibs fans supporting their manager...well I for one am outraged.

That’s a belter of post.

Couldn't care less about Hibs to the extent that: we won the league last season, had our most comprehensive win over Hearts in years, reached the SC semi-final; and then this season: beat Rangers at Ibrox, drawn twice with Celtic, beat Hearts again, reached the League Cup semi-final, has us 4th in the league (5 points off 2nd place). He sticks up for the club on every occasion it is necessary.

If he leaves Hibs for the Scotland job then so be it, but don't pretend he disnae give a fiddler's fart about us while he's here just because it suits your very obvious agenda against Lennon. In any event, you'll be delighted if he leaves. Let's see what happens.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    here fishy fishy fishy

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Brendan Rodgers is his mate. It's being played out for a reason. A very well respected and established poster on her (not me I'm irrelevant) said last week this whole thing won't end well. Neil Lennon I'll say it will be gone by June at the latest and I'm willing to bet anyone £100 into Leithlinks it's the case.
    The £100 bet has got me thinking it's something you're relatively confident about. I've certainly never picked up any vibes that suggests to me he "wants out" as you put it. In fact I would say it's the opposite. I thought Neil was happy here.
    He's obviously ticked of with the events in Portugal and his trip to the Celtc gig was, let's say, unfortunately timed.
    If it's true that there's something going on backstage that us punters are unaware of, it comes as a surprise to me and it's very disappointing.

Bottom line, if Lennon doesn't want to be here, it's better for all that he goes. The same applies to anyone at ER - player, manager, director or otherwise. They've all come and gone in the past and Hibs are still here. Who knows what's round the corner, it might be the birth of a new dynasty.
    Time will tell.
    Last edited by snooky; 27-01-2018 at 12:18 AM.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    The £100 bet has got me thinking it's something you're relatively confident about. I've certainly never picked up any vibes that suggests to me he "wants out" as you put it. In fact I would say it's the opposite. I thought Neil was happy here.
    He's obviously ticked of with the events in Portugal and his trip to the Celtc gig was, let's say, unfortunately timed.
    If it's true that there's something going on backstage that us punters are unaware of, it comes as a surprise to me and it's very disappointing.

Bottom line, if Lennon doesn't want to be here, it's better for all that he goes. The same applies to anyone at ER - player, manager, director or otherwise. They've all come and gone in the past and Hibs are still here. Who knows what's round the corner, it might be the birth of a new dynasty.
    Time will tell.
    didnt he just sign a new deal a very short while ago?

Doesnt ever give any impression that he wants out. Obviously there are bigger, better jobs out there than us....and if he gets one of them, then its only because he has done a bloody good job

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    didnt he just sign a new deal a very short while ago?

Doesnt ever give any impression that he wants out. Obviously there are bigger, better jobs out there than us....and if he gets one of them, then its only because he has done a bloody good job
    Aye. If he leaves Hibs for pastures new then he's no different to McLeish, Mowbray or Stubbs in that respect.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    Aye. If he leaves Hibs for pastures new then he's no different to McLeish, Mowbray or Stubbs in that respect.
    One things for sure, as a manager, you either leave because you're good or you get sacked because you're not. Either way, every manager - past, present and future - will only be with us for a spell.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    One things for sure, as a manager, you either leave because you're good or you get sacked because you're not. Either way, every manager - past, present and future - will only be with us for a spell.
    Good post.. for the record I think Lennon is one of the best managers we’ve had in a while and that’s from someone who wasn’t to thrilled when we hired him.. definitely won me over and we’re lucky to have him.

Not bothered if he goes.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    From a Scotland perspective, he knows our game, our players and would command respect from the squad. I also think he'd be proactive in blooding some much needed youth, and we have an exciting crop coming through.

From a Hibs perspective, I'm very happy with Lennon as our manager and I don't want that to change any time soon, and don't believe it will.

Rodgers is touting Lennon primarily because he wants an ally in the Scotland position.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Not bothered if he goes.
    First time in his tenure I've heard Lennon even court the idea which in itself annoyed me.

Stubbs would be immediately be welcomed back into the fold if he did move on to the national job - 100% - dare I say many of the players would welcome that too.

I really like Neil Lennon and personally would be really disappointed if he thought that the Scotland job was for him. Can think of many reasons it's not, mostly reasons relating to The Rangers and SFA backroom staff - think it would be a real poisoned chalice, dare I say worse than the Celtic job.

I'm baffled how the media have suddenly latched onto the fact he may be interested given he distanced himself last week.............maybe worth looking at a link to the SFA and Hibs in a media sense...........The Scottish Sun now running with it...............just saying

It stinks

Whether Lennon's interested in the job or not, this is just the latest negative / corrosive story the MSM is developing about Hibs. They are on a mission to unravel this Hibs bubble and restore the "natural order" of Yam / Hun domination.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Whether Lennon's interested in the job or not, this is just the latest negative / corrosive story the MSM is developing about Hibs. They are on a mission to unravel this Hibs bubble and restore the "natural order" of Yam / Hun domination.
    A6AA9511-DE31-4C32-916C-3B64E8D1ADA9.jpg
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

You mustve been raging on Wednesday.

Your one man hate campaign against the manager is whats a disgrace.

Testimonial Due

Lennon era over

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    First time in his tenure I've heard Lennon even court the idea which in itself annoyed me.

Stubbs would be immediately be welcomed back into the fold if he did move on to the national job - 100% - dare I say many of the players would welcome that too.

I really like Neil Lennon and personally would be really disappointed if he thought that the Scotland job was for him. Can think of many reasons it's not, mostly reasons relating to The Rangers and SFA backroom staff - think it would be a real poisoned chalice, dare I say worse than the Celtic job.

I'm baffled how the media have suddenly latched onto the fact he may be interested given he distanced himself last week.............maybe worth looking at a link to the SFA and Hibs in a media sense...........The Scottish Sun now running with it...............just saying

It stinks
    Think this era is over. Clearly looking for next up move. Who is going to sign for us with this uncertainty around the manager. Players will want to go to or maybe not. Stubbs and To plan can hold the ship and club together.

Daily record articles on this contadicting each other.
    Don’t click thru to that other “paper” so if direct quotes from Lennon (I’d be surprised on the eve of a big game)

Clear to see that on the days running up to a match against Celtic that good old SMSM are doing their finest. Prior to the Hearts thumping, Brendan’s thorn in the side was Hibs he hadn’t the beating of us in the league. It’s interesting therefore to se him joining the calls.

Edit: well looks from the comments in The Scotsman he’s left things open so media will speculate. Foolish to get drawn - contrast with Clarke who played it with a short straight bat.
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 27-01-2018 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hibs fans supporting their manager...well I for one am outraged.
    Makes you wonder.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Lennon strikes me as a guy who likes to be involved every day in football i.e. a club boss. Sitting in the stand watching other mens' teams wouldn't suit him. I could be wrong!

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    There's no smoke without fire.

I think there's something in it

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    There's no smoke without fire.

I think there's something in it
    On a football forum there’s plenty smoke without fire.