hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 550
  1. #91
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lorries overtaking other lorries on the 2 lane M8, other 2 lane motorways are available!

    Ones doing 59 and the others doing 59 ... and a half!

    If the slower one slowed for just a minute to say 55 to let the other go by there wouldn't be queues of frustrated drivers!

    I think caravans need a thread of their own ;-)
    The scourge of the A11, that. It can take the 3 miles to overtake and reduce the whole road to 60mph in the process.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,798
    People who drive about with their hazards on as if it excuses any bizarre manoeuvre.

  4. #93
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,798
    Not really in the spirit but the junction of the A406 with the M11 comes into the fast lane. The A406 has a speed cam so your around 50MPH, the M11 is supposed to be 50mph as well but everyone picks up speed ahead of the change to 70mph. Makes it tricky to merge in between the speed merchants.

    Thereís a junction like that on the M8 around Charing Cross as well but with added poor visibility.

  5. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What annoys me is people who brake for no apparent reason. Was stuck behind someone yesterday in a 20 zone doing 20 (which is fair enough, I can accept thatís the speed limit but by going that speed thereís next to no reason to ever be slowing below it other than the obvious reasons) and they just kept on braking out the blue. Nothing infront of them, not approaching a junction etc, just totally random and pointless braking down to about 10mph. WHY?!
    On Sir Harry Lauder Road there's a speed camera. The limit is 40mph and the number of people who are doing about 32mph and then slam the brakes on when they see it is baffling to me. As you say, just why?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  6. #95
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    36,387
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Lorries overtaking lorries. Especially when the overtaking lorry pulls out in front of faster traffic then proceeds to hold everyone up for a mile as their lorry isn't as fast up a hill as they thought it was.

  7. #96
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    12,311
    Fog lights, when there is no fog, and at night!!
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  8. #97
    @hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fog lights, when there is no fog, and at night!!
    Fog lights in rush hour traffic. I don't need the warning 3 feet behind you at 5MPH. Burning my retinas tho...


    ďTheyíve got to learn quickly. Inconsistency wonít be tolerated. Itís not acceptable for a club of this standard..Ē - Neil Lennon 9 June 2016

  9. #98
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On Sir Harry Lauder Road there's a speed camera. The limit is 40mph and the number of people who are doing about 32mph and then slam the brakes on when they see it is baffling to me. As you say, just why?
    We must live in the same area, as your location-specific peeves are mine too.

    The SHLR one I put down to folk thinking it's 30 when they see the camera sign, until they're right beside the 40 sign.

  10. #99
    @hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,227
    Tailgating and people parking in bus lanes.

  11. #100
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,983
    Taxi drivers who stop where and whenever they like but don't like it when you do the same to them in a taxi rank. 😁
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  12. #101
    3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Age
    45
    Posts
    22,615
    Blog Entries
    4
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taxi drivers who stop where and whenever they like but don't like it when you do the same to them in a taxi rank. 😁
    Definite laugh-out-loud moment there.
    They do this at Inverkeithing train station. Its hilarious watching them get irate at car drivers who dare to drop off in the lower car park.
    Not so much fun for the car drivers when the taxi idiots box them in so they cant get out.

    Yet the taxi drivers seem to think they can park/block as they see fit in the top car-park.

    As usual its only a few, but it does get over-aggressive at times.

  13. #102
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taxi drivers who stop where and whenever they like but don't like it when you do the same to them in a taxi rank. 😁
    The taxi rank at Market Street is a joke. When it's full, taxi drivers just extend it to the other side of the road, meaning there's not enough room for two cars to pass each other.

  14. #103
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,094
    The westbound stretch of the bypass, between Old Craighall and Sheriffhall.

    You can be on it at the most innocuous time of day and it's tailing back for ages.

    I'm lucky in that I'm only usually on it to get to the Millerhill exit and onto the A68, but if I'm driving on it's always snarled up whether it's half-ten on a Tuesday morning or mid-afternoon on a Sunday.

    Is it just bad traffic management?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  15. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taxi drivers who stop where and whenever they like but don't like it when you do the same to them in a taxi rank. 😁
    I came out from delivering a parcel, 45 secs i was out of van, to find two of them had boxed me in. Rank was otherwise empty and there was space for 6 in front of me, the one in front soon moved when I gave him a nudge.

  16. #105
    @hibs.net private member Gatecrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    15,318
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    People who double park and block the road, I don't care if your just going to be a minute, park around the corner in a proper space FFS!
    Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price. -Vince Lombardi

  17. #106
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The westbound stretch of the bypass, between Old Craighall and Sheriffhall.

    You can be on it at the most innocuous time of day and it's tailing back for ages.

    I'm lucky in that I'm only usually on it to get to the Millerhill exit and onto the A68, but if I'm driving on it's always snarled up whether it's half-ten on a Tuesday morning or mid-afternoon on a Sunday.

    Is it just bad traffic management?
    I think it's a combination of the short green light sequence and the late split of the road into more than one lane.

  18. #107
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I came out from delivering a parcel, 45 secs i was out of van, to find two of them had boxed me in. Rank was otherwise empty and there was space for 6 in front of me, the one in front soon moved when I gave him a nudge.

    It is the sheer amount of traffic. The other day it was stationary at 6.40 am and yesterday it was bad until 4pm.

    The proposed flyover will make no difference to the east to west flow as it is the Gilmerton on ramp where the traffic slows.

  19. #108
    @hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The westbound stretch of the bypass, between Old Craighall and Sheriffhall.

    You can be on it at the most innocuous time of day and it's tailing back for ages.

    I'm lucky in that I'm only usually on it to get to the Millerhill exit and onto the A68, but if I'm driving on it's always snarled up whether it's half-ten on a Tuesday morning or mid-afternoon on a Sunday.

    Is it just bad traffic management?
    One of life's mysteries. Always bad in that direction. However it relates to a peeve of mine. Come off the SHLR to turn right onto that stretch and the right lane is often blocked. The number of drivers who use the left lane to turn right is unbelievable. Almost accepted practise now.

    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk


    ďTheyíve got to learn quickly. Inconsistency wonít be tolerated. Itís not acceptable for a club of this standard..Ē - Neil Lennon 9 June 2016

  20. #109
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,983
    Folk who block junctions by entering the cross hatched box when there is no way of getting out of it. Then when tbe lights change and they're stuck there blocking the traffic, they give you the hand gesture as if to say where I am I supposed to go. You shouldn't have entered in the first place you ****** halfwit if you couldn't exit it.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  21. #110
    @hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Folk who block junctions by entering the cross hatched box when there is no way of getting out of it. Then when tbe lights change and they're stuck there blocking the traffic, they give you the hand gesture as if to say where I am I supposed to go. You shouldn't have entered in the first place you ****** halfwit if you couldn't exit it.
    Not a traffic light junction, but a policeman done exactly this tonight at the yellow box junction at the end of Gylemuir Road/Meadow Place Road. It happens quite often during busy periods but you'd think the Po-Po would know better?!?
    When it was obvious he wasn't going anywhere and was obstructing the box junction he done the sensible thing, put the blues & twos on and went up the outside of the queuing traffic,,,, if only we all had that option!

  22. #111
    @hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In a lorry
    Posts
    1,736
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lorries overtaking lorries. Especially when the overtaking lorry pulls out in front of faster traffic then proceeds to hold everyone up for a mile as their lorry isn't as fast up a hill as they thought it was.
    Car drivers who don't have the patience to sit behind lorries for sometimes as few as 1 mile, especially when the car drivers are only nipping out for a paper, fags, visit the inlaws or any other needless journey they think demands that lorry drivers should get out their way, who incidentally have to tramp the same old roads day in day out, sometimes doing 15hr shifts just to deliver the things the aforementioned car drivers have ordered and have no idea what exactly lorry drivers go through to get it to them on time. Really does my head in that.

  23. #112
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Car drivers who don't have the patience to sit behind lorries for sometimes as few as 1 mile, especially when the car drivers are only nipping out for a paper, fags, visit the inlaws or any other needless journey they think demands that lorry drivers should get out their way, who incidentally have to tramp the same old roads day in day out, sometimes doing 15hr shifts just to deliver the things the aforementioned car drivers have ordered and have no idea what exactly lorry drivers go through to get it to them on time. Really does my head in that.
    Lorry drivers that do 15 hour shifts when the maximum allowed driving time is 10 hours.

    If they overtake a truck travelling 1mph slower than them right at the beginning of their shift then the maximum time they will have saved is about 11 minutes that day. Hardly worth the hassle when you think about it.

  24. #113
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    19,501
    Thereís an awful lot of perfect drivers on this thread.

    I know this wonít go down well but Iím going to admit to it.......

    There has been occasions when approaching a roundabout that Iím not familiar with Iíve found myself in the wrong lane.

    Apologies to all concerned and to those that have been kind enough to let me in I thank you!

    Donít get me started on people that stick to the 20mph limit though, thatís unforgivable.

  25. #114
    @hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In a lorry
    Posts
    1,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lorry drivers that do 15 hour shifts when the maximum allowed driving time is 10 hours.

    If they overtake a truck travelling 1mph slower than them right at the beginning of their shift then the maximum time they will have saved is about 11 minutes that day. Hardly worth the hassle when you think about it.

    10 hours driving time but 15 hours working time and it happens a lot.

    It's not the time saved it's the fact that you're stuck behind another lorry for the duration of your shift if you don't overtake, it's far easier and safer going when you just have a clear road in front of you.

  26. #115
    @hibs.net private member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    16,559
    People who donít understand that if you arenít a taxi, youíre not supposed to stop in a taxi rank for any amount of time. It doesnít matter if youíre only popping in for a paper or picking your mum up from the station, youíre interfering with working vehicles providing public transport so stop being so selfish. 🤨

    Would you have the same attitude if it were bus stops we were talking about?

  27. #116
    @hibs.net private member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    16,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who drive about with their hazards on as if it excuses any bizarre manoeuvre.
    I was waiting for a bus when this van driver pulled into the lay-by at the bus stop taking the whole thing up and facing the wrong way into the bargain. He then proceeded to make his crucial phone call.
    When the bus pulled up to the stop it couldnít get in so the driver signalled to the van to move. The van driver apologised and made things ok by sticking his hazards on and continuing the conversation.

  28. #117
    Testimonial Due Geo_1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In my Joy Division Oven Gloves
    Posts
    4,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who donít understand that if you arenít a taxi, youíre not supposed to stop in a taxi rank for any amount of time. It doesnít matter if youíre only popping in for a paper or picking your mum up from the station, youíre interfering with working vehicles providing public transport so stop being so selfish. 🤨

    Would you have the same attitude if it were bus stops we were talking about?
    Taxi drivers who don't understand that no u-turn means no u-turn. They get all humpty when you won't let them swing across into oncoming traffic.

  29. #118
    @hibs.net private member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    16,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taxi drivers who don't understand that no u-turn means no u-turn. They get all humpty when you won't let them swing across into oncoming traffic.
    I take it you agree with the whole taxi tank thing then. 😉

  30. #119
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    12,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    10 hours driving time but 15 hours working time and it happens a lot.

    It's not the time saved it's the fact that you're stuck behind another lorry for the duration of your shift if you don't overtake, it's far easier and safer going when you just have a clear road in front of you.
    I bet that pisses of the driver of the lorry you have just overtaken as he no longer has the clear road in front of him and has to tailgate you for the next 15 miles until he gets up enough steam to overtake you.


    On lorries, the A9 has average speed cameras and an 'experimental' average speed for lorries. When this was introduced it 'reduced' the average speed of lorries from 40mph to 50mph (actually from about 56 to 50) somehow the lorries are now back to going at 56-58mph as if the cameras don't apply to them.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  31. #120
    Testimonial Due EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,919
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thereís an awful lot of perfect drivers on this thread.

    I know this wonít go down well but Iím going to admit to it.......

    There has been occasions when approaching a roundabout that Iím not familiar with Iíve found myself in the wrong lane.

    Apologies to all concerned and to those that have been kind enough to let me in I thank you!

    Donít get me started on people that stick to the 20mph limit though, thatís unforgivable.


    Someone mentioned Sherrifhall Roundabout earlier, I will add Hermiston Gait and Newbridge to the list of roundabouts that I am incapable of going round without someone beeping at me. I don't get these roundabouts at all, how are you supposed to know what lane you are supposed to be in? I approach and check the signs and road markings and choose the correct lane, I then follow that lane round the roundabout and then suddenly the lane I'm in changes to a different road exit, how do you then get in to the correct lane? If you try to merge into the correct lane the person behind you beeps at you or the person in the lane you are trying to move to beeps at you. How does everyone else seem to know that the lane is going to change, and how come they don't get beeped at when they must have started off in the wrong lane in order to end up in the right one? I get so stressed out when I have to go round any of these big roundabouts.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved