hibs.net Messageboard

Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 3430
    @hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Drivers who drive 10 car lengths behind the car in front in heavy traffic at 15MPH and then we miss the traffic lights due to this.
    Similarly, drivers in front of you who dilly-dally at long queued, short window of opportunity for green traffic lights - meaning you don't get through. Worst spots for this are turning right from Glasgow Road at the Shell Garage on to the Maybury Road, or turning left at the West End from Drumsheugh Gardens to Lyndenoch Place.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    I "know" it's a 40 there but the sat-nav in my car which gets live updates thinks it's a 30.
    Unsure how the GPS companies get their data but it isn't being thoroughly checked.
    Try driving in Wales right now with that appaling blanket 20 and satnav thinking it's still 30.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    Similarly, drivers in front of you who dilly-dally at long queued, short window of opportunity for green traffic lights - meaning you don't get through. Worst spots for this are turning right from Glasgow Road at the Shell Garage on to the Maybury Road, or turning left at the West End from Drumsheugh Gardens to Lyndenoch Place.
    The T-junction just before Bankhead tram stop, turning right onto S Gyle Access is also bad for this. If there's more than three cars per lane (two right turn lanes exist) there when approaching, I resign myself to having to wait until the second shot at the green.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    The one at Glasgow Road is a nightmare for that. Lost count of the amount of times when someone's fancying about has held folk up from getting through on the green light.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Not sure if this is a driving pet peeve or just a peeve but roadworks in which the work is just a total misnomer because no one actually does any for weeks on end.

I returned from holiday last week to find the road leading up to my estate partially dug up (Newcraighall Road). It badly needs resurfaced so I was quite hopeful it might be that and it would be well worth any inconvenience. There are some gas signs though so I don't think it is. Anyway this was last Monday, I asked my neighbour how long it had been up for and he said the Monday before so as of today that is over 2 weeks. In that time I haven't seen a single worker anywhere near it except for a brief 2 hour period on Sunday afternoon. It's a nightmare of a road at the best of times, particularly on a Saturday afternoon with people heading to Fort Kinnaird, and it's even worse now half the road is dug up and fenced off.

Why does stuff like that happen? Surely a road can be dug up the day a job is due to be carried out or even a day or 2 before? What is the point or reason why a road would be dug up, left for 2 weeks plus with no work being carried out and then the job inevitably takes a day or 2 when they get round to doing it?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

After finally finishing the Meadowbank/Abbeyhill road and lights with traffic becoming slightly more normal, today as the school go back with more traffic on the road they decide to erect a new lamp post at the junction at the retail park. Needless to say carnage ensues as we now have a lane closed again, only this friggin council.😡

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    After finally finishing the Meadowbank/Abbeyhill road and lights with traffic becoming slightly more normal, today as the school go back with more traffic on the road they decide to erect a new lamp post at the junction at the retail park. Needless to say carnage ensues as we now have a lane closed again, only this friggin council.😡
    On the subject of Meadowbank (the sports venue) why did they make the car park so small and badly designed? I get that we're all being encouraged to ditch the car but with sport there's often equipment to cart around that doesn't lend itself to public transport. There are acres of derelict land around the car park so plenty room for expansion - or has that been reserved for new property construction?

Jeez, just as I was typing that last post I heard that a guy has been charged today over the alleged stabbing of a traffic warden in Gorgie.

You're never happy to see them but if that's a nut job reaction to getting a ticket it's appalling.

Pet peeves????

POT HOLES

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    Pet peeves????

POT HOLES
    +1 hit a pot hole on the 6th December, reported through Clarence and filed a claim against the roads department for burst tyre and damaged wheel. Got an email back saying it was being investigated and would give their decision on whether they accept or reject my claim within 18 weeks. Still waiting to hear.