hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 115 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that not what he said? Or am I missing something? :-)
    The other post mentioned drifting at end of bus lane mine is about people turning left from the outside lane anywhere along the bus lane, not sure how that confuses you?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Haven't read the thread - has somebody already done the one about the rude *******s who don't give you a cheery wave, flash of the lights or some other acknowledgement after you've waited so they can come past something blocking one lane? Drives me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    The other post mentioned drifting at end of bus lane mine is about people turning left from the outside lane anywhere along the bus lane, not sure how that confuses you?
    Do you mean turning left at a junction?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    The Royal Highland show has outgrown the infrastructure it depends on! what a mess yesterday and its only going to get worse.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    The Royal Highland show has outgrown the infrastructure it depends on! what a mess yesterday and its only going to get worse.
    Try living in the country where tractors are everyday occurrences Not just one weekend
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Try living in the country where tractors are everyday occurrences Not just one weekend
    I was ragin yesterday. I couldn't get to the bar for a crowd of young farmers discussing the turbos on their tractors!

At least it's only once every 2 years when the Welsh invade!
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Haven't read the thread - has somebody already done the one about the rude *******s who don't give you a cheery wave, flash of the lights or some other acknowledgement after you've waited so they can come past something blocking one lane? Drives me nuts.
    Yes, those ignoramuses (or ignorami? ) really annoy me too.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Yes, those ignoramuses (or ignorami? ) really annoy me too.
    Ignoramus is actually from a verb meaning We do not know.

So ignoramuses is correct.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    A geography specific one.

As you come off the eastbound M8, onto the A8, at the junction which takes you down to either a left turn to Airdrie/Cumbernauld, or right toward Carluke/Wishaw and Lanark, there are 2 distinct lanes. They're even marked on the road.

Left lane either turns left toward Airdrie, or goes straight on (back onto the A8/M8). Right lane goes around, under the A8/M8 and up toward another roundabout (where the left lane goes left or straight on, and the outside lane turns down toward Holytown). The amount of idiots that begin in the left lane, and go right around toward Wishaw etc, meaning those in the correct lane can't manoeuvre over into the left hand lane to come off the roundabout is absurd and drives me batty every afternoon.

A second geography specific one (but courtesy based too).

On the M8 heading into Glasgow, just after J13 where the M80 joins it, every morning is bloody chaos. The left hand lane of the M8 is filled with cars trying to get over into the new 2 left lanes (that head toward the Cathedral Precinct), while those IN those two lanes are often trying to get over onto the M8. It's just chaotic. And so it's filled with people, whom, rather than letting you out and then moving into your space, will continue to drive alongside you as you both get irate at the other. At that same section, there are so many morons who think it acceptable to go right up to the edge of that slip, blocking off the right hand lane heading down to the Cathedral Precinct as they try to squeeze into traffic as far up the queue as possible.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Ignoramus is actually from a verb meaning We do not know.

So ignoramuses is correct.

Good call!

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Pi$$ poor planning when it comes to infrastructure maintenance.
    A couple of years back Saughton Road North was resurfaced almost in its entirety, a year later Scottish Water come along and dig large trenches for new pipes and as is always the way the surface is nowhere near as good as it should be.
    Then, after the political football that is the Queensferry Crossing, it opens with much fanfare last autumn, this week lanes were closed to accommodate scaffolding & screening in the centre refuge for "vital maintenance",,,, vital,,,, really?

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Parking on roundabouts in Belfast . WTF ?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

This happens quite a lot.

I was tanking up the M90 to Perth. Away in the distance is a car tailgating a lorry. It's miles away.

I get to within 100 yards and without indicating the car pulls out and sneaks past the lorry inch by flippin inch!
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Pi$$ poor planning when it comes to infrastructure maintenance.
    A couple of years back Saughton Road North was resurfaced almost in its entirety, a year later Scottish Water come along and dig large trenches for new pipes and as is always the way the surface is nowhere near as good as it should be.
    Then, after the political football that is the Queensferry Crossing, it opens with much fanfare last autumn, this week lanes were closed to accommodate scaffolding & screening in the centre refuge for "vital maintenance",,,, vital,,,, really?
    Yes , that really pi$$es me off. Brand new bridge appearing to require major maintence before a year has lapsed? Also the continuation of queues while the other bridge is barely used.
    I'm starting to despair for mankind these days. Trump/Brexit/Bridge work/etc. Can they not get at least one thing right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This happens quite a lot.

I was tanking up the M90 to Perth. Away in the distance is a car tailgating a lorry. It's miles away.

I get to within 100 yards and without indicating the car pulls out and sneaks past the lorry inch by flippin inch!

These people need slapped silly

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I remember when folk used to say there is nowhere to stop so they kept going until they found a place they could stop out of the flow of traffic.
    Now days everyone just stops, hazards on and don't care about the inside lane of traffic that now has to funnel into the outside flowing lane to get round them. Even worse when they do it suddenly without indication and just throw on the hazards after braking. It's cars, taxis, vans, lorries they all do it.

I remember when folk used to say there is nowhere to stop so they kept going until they found a place they could stop out of the flow of traffic.
    Now days everyone just stops, hazards on and don't care about the inside lane of traffic that now has to funnel into the outside flowing lane to get round them. Even worse when they do it suddenly without indication and just throw on the hazards after braking. It's cars, taxis, vans, lorries they all do it.
    Worse still is when they decide they want to go again and pull back into the flow of traffic without a glance at what's going on around them.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

That's because answering their mobile phone is more important than parking sensibly and with consideration to other road users. Their phones mustn't have the aboility to call the person back once they find a proper place to park.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    On the same subject of folk using public roads for their own private convenience, people who do three/five/seven/nine-point turns in busy main roads.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I’m with you on this one to an extent, but, looking at it from the other person’s viewpoint, you are not really doing them a favour as it is your duty to stop for an obstruction in your lane. I agree tho’, a wee acknowledgement is appreciated. I don’t gat my knickers in a twist when I don’t get one however.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    As someone that lives in the countryside and walks a lot, the drivers who do not give you any room when they pass you. There are no footpaths at the side of the road I have to walk on the road, morons!
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Have we had when your joining a motorway behind a slow vehicle the car behind you flys over to the overtaking lane so you can’t pull out to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Have we had when your joining a motorway behind a slow vehicle the car behind you flys over to the overtaking lane so you can’t pull out to pass.
    TBH, I've done that because the car in front was dittering long before getting onto the Motorway. Also had it done to me and I didn't like it (BTW, I wasn't dittering however, the guy who passed me must have thought I was).
    As you would expect, my actions were correct in both instances.

The behaviour of Edinburgh drivers gets markedly worse in hot weather.
    Aggressive blokes desperate to get past should be careful of their blood pressure levels.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    The behaviour of Edinburgh drivers gets markedly worse in hot weather.
    Aggressive blokes desperate to get past should be careful of their blood pressure levels.
    Yeah. Get your air conditioning sorted! Chill!!

Not you them.

Nearly pooped my pants today with what I saw.

Sitting 2nd at a pelican crossing waiting to go (flashing amber)a private hire taxi zoomed down the bus lane and nearly wiped out a crossing blind man and his dog, fair play to to dog for not getting spooked at a minibus slamming on the anchors.

@hibs.net private member
    When your sitting first at lights waiting on a filter. It turns green and before you've had time to move a muscle the driver behind blasts his horn.

Many of the things mentioned here are traffic offences albeit minor.

One of my gripes is that even if they are done in plain view of the police the police do nothing. I'm not suggesting drivers, or cyclists, get done every time but a wee word of warning might go a long way to upping the standard of driving overall.
    Space to let

Warning lights that come on your dashboard that indicate somethings wrong but don't tell you how serious.
    You find out after a cagey drive to a garage that it's your rear side light or something relatively minor. It happened to me one time while driving my daughter's car. I drove gingerly to a garage and was told it was a faulty bloody sensor. They charged me £100 to fit a new one.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    The Roundabout over the by-pass on the Calder Road is cracking me up just now.

I don't think there's a worse one for people not knowing what lane to be in or cutting across lanes, usually in front of me.