hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 114 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    unqualified people directing traffic. Random man with a van directing his buddy out of parking spot outside Javits whilst stopping traffic in both directions so he can reverse out. Have come across this a couple of times recently. Why cant the just wait for a safe gap or someone to let the out like everyone else?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    unqualified people directing traffic. Random man with a van directing his buddy out of parking spot outside Javits whilst stopping traffic in both directions so he can reverse out. Have come across this a couple of times recently. Why cant the just wait for a safe gap or someone to let the out like everyone else?
    The normal rules of the road don't apply around Javit's.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Unqualified people who don't/can’t drive, or fall into the ‘I won’t drive when it’s snowy/rainy/windy/sunny/wet/cold/etc’ brigade, but will continually criticise, pick faults and comps,in about others driving. ********s

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    I work in Aberdeen and commute every week from Edinburgh, so clock up a fair few miles annually.
    What I hate is the amount of money spent up here on very expensive motors and they never turn a wheel year in year out.
    All about look at what I've got, fine have your big car but use it for what it's meant for.

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    People who can't enter or leave a junction correctly. Specifically those who drive on the wrong side of the road whilst doing so, but look at you like you're in the wrong when you have to brake suddenly to avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    People who can't enter or leave a junction correctly. Specifically those who drive on the wrong side of the road whilst doing so, but look at you like you're in the wrong when you have to brake suddenly to avoid them.
    yeah, folk who cut the corner when turning right into a junction.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    When the road narrows, due to say a parked car, and you stop to let an oncoming car through then they drive past you without any acknowledgement of 'thank you'.
    Probably the same folk who ignore you when you hold a door open for them.

People basically jumping a red light so no one can turn right.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    People basically jumping a red light so no one can turn right.

Yeah, the top of the mound is bad for that when trying to turn right to go down the back of the castle.

The zig-zag lane hoppers in slow moving traffic.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I have always been courteous to bus drivers regarding letting them into traffic etc. However on two occasions over the last couple of weeks I have come across situations where the driver on each occasion has been an absolute erse to the point of downright dangerous. I worry about the mentality of these type of people driving buses full of passengers.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    This might sound petty but at this point I don't care, unless I have no other choice I don't let them out any more. I used to be courteous to Buses but when you are behind them you get stick doing 5-10 mph below the speed limit, they leave the arse of the bus hanging out so you cant get passed when they stop and I often come across them blocking junctions to help other buses through, pulling out into traffic then there is no room for them. I'm not aggressive towards them or anything like that but if a bus is waiting to get out and I can safely get passed them I will.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Drivers who stop in the cycle-box at traffic lights.

This might sound petty but at this point I don't care, unless I have no other choice I don't let them out any more. I used to be courteous to Buses but when you are behind them you get stick doing 5-10 mph below the speed limit, they leave the arse of the bus hanging out so you cant get passed when they stop and I often come across them blocking junctions to help other buses through, pulling out into traffic then there is no room for them. I'm not aggressive towards them or anything like that but if a bus is waiting to get out and I can safely get passed them I will.
    Good & bad/couteous & non-couteous drivers are not confined to one mode of transport. They're all stirred in with the traffic soup.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Folk that either reverse into spaces in supermarket car parks or drive over into the space on the other side. To facilitate getting their shopping in their boot they then either put their trolley in an empty space next to them meaning that space can’t be used at that time, or they block access to the car parked next to them as they use that passageway to get to the boot. It’s usually folk with tonnes of shopping as well so it takes them an age.

The amount of times I’ve gone to go into a space that looks empty only to find a trolley is blocking it is unreal.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Today I got a skyline 300 from the corn exchange wanting to get off at the canongate but there was tweets and updates saying that the high street was closed east bound but the on-board message still shows it going down the high street. As I got off in South Bridge I asked him if the bus was going to canongate and he said yes, then looked at a screen in the cab to find it was closed right enough. He said good call. The bus then sat for a few minutes presumably while the driver found out where he was supposed to go. Imagine if he had tried to get down to cannon gate and had to turn round at John Knox House.!!
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Good & bad/couteous & non-couteous drivers are not confined to one mode of transport. They're all stirred in with the traffic soup.
    I think the worst ones are the ones who have total disregard for the Highway Code.

Rule 223 for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I think the worst ones are the ones who have total disregard for the Highway Code.

Rule 223 for example.
    Or even worse, drivers who think that rule means they can indicate and pull out regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Or even worse, drivers who think that rule means they can indicate and pull out regardless.
    From a completely neutral point of view, it’s worth remembering that anything resembling a 50/50 will refer to that rule.

So watch out and don’t get too blasé because you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    From a completely neutral point of view, it’s worth remembering that anything resembling a 50/50 will refer to that rule.

So watch out and don’t get too blasé because you never know.
    There's no 50/50 it is either safe to let a bus out or is isn't. If it's not you shouldn't have to suffer some erse pulling out and causing you to take evasive action.

Cyclists using pelican crossings to turn right.

Seen this a few times lately. Cyclist comes to a jucntion, sees it's busy, gets off their bike and walks a few yards up the road to a pelican crossing and pushes the button, lights change to red and they walk half way across then get back on their bike and cycle away up the road.

Ersehole behaviour.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Cyclists using pelican crossings to turn right.

Seen this a few times lately. Cyclist comes to a jucntion, sees it's busy, gets off their bike and walks a few yards up the road to a pelican crossing and pushes the button, lights change to red and they walk half way across then get back on their bike and cycle away up the road.

Ersehole behaviour.
    I don't like to see cyclists using buttons either, but doesn't that particular behaviour also benefit car drivers who need to turn right at the same time, as it might/could/should open up a wee gap in traffic for one or two of them to squeeze in?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Pedestrians with a death wish. Mainly tourists in Pitlochry but yesterday morning the hundreds of 'Irish' in the Cowgate waiting to get into the Three Sisters pub at 10am. Girls in large groups walking on the road with their backs to the traffic. I almost acquired a girls handbag with my wing mirror.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    I hate how filling stations are allowed to price their fuel to a decimal point. Usually something like 123.9p/litre.
    I can’t think of anything else you can purchase that is priced in such a way that if you bought exactly one litre of fuel you would be charged 0.1 of a penny more than the advertised price.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    I hate how filling stations are allowed to price their fuel to a decimal point. Usually something like 123.9p/litre.
    I can’t think of anything else you can purchase that is priced in such a way that if you bought exactly one litre of fuel you would be charged 0.1 of a penny more than the advertised price.
    Remember when everything under a pound was 19/11p?

Remember when everything under a pound was 19/11p?
    No.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    No.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    No.
    Fair do's. Probably directed at punters who are 60-ish and over.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    I remember things that were under a pound but not 19/11d. 45s were 6s8d.

Nothing was, ever, 19/11p.

I work in pounds and ounces, does that count?