hibs.net Messageboard

Page 21 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who are waiting to pull out at a junction turning left or right but.not Iactually looking or paying attention both ways. As you approach you slow down giving them plenty of time to pull out, they don’t move, you give them a flash of your lights, they don’t move, you then give up and you pass them see that they aren’t even paying attention.
    I was behind a car wanting to turn right across the traffic onto Queensferry Road towards Edinburgh from Cammo Road (I think) on Friday evening, BMW driver, sat in the middle of the juntion rather than on the right hand side of it, meaning there wasn't enough room for me to pull alongside him on the left to turn left towards Fife.

It's just inconsiderate and bad driving, it clearly takes longer to wait for traffic to clear both ways for him than it does for me to get a break in traffic.

The prick.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I was behind a car wanting to turn right across the traffic onto Queensferry Road towards Edinburgh from Cammo Road (I think) on Friday evening, BMW driver, sat in the middle of the juntion rather than on the right hand side of it, meaning there wasn't enough room for me to pull alongside him on the left to turn left towards Fife.

It's just inconsiderate and bad driving, it clearly takes longer to wait for traffic to clear both ways for him than it does for me to get a break in traffic.

The prick.
    Do Admin drive BMWs?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Do Admin drive BMWs?

Standard company issue car.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Standard company issue car.
    Need to do something with the backhanders from Petrie.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Stay clear of Crammond road south today, nightmare so it is, roadworks and temporary lights.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Stay clear of Crammond road south today, nightmare so it is, roadworks and temporary lights.
    Caught me out yesterday, taking a lassie to the Cramond doctors surgery, 2 separate sets of temporary lights, 1st one at the Lauriston junction, the other is the roundabout just before the lights a Gamekeepers rd, it added about £3 to her journey, bloody joke and it made her late.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    People who clear their car windows on mornings like this by scraping what is basically a peephole in their front windscreen.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    People who clear their car windows on mornings like this by scraping what is basically a peephole in their front windscreen.
    I used to drive tanks, it's a nostalgic trip down memory lane for me.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Watched my neighbour use a full kettle of boiling water this morning! Surely a risk of cracking?

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Watched my neighbour use a full kettle of boiling water this morning! Surely a risk of cracking?
    Yip can crack the glass, or in some cases(my wifes) windscreen smashed completely, safe to say we had a few words that morning!!

It is I do it though but only slightly warm water works the same.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    The complete daftyy that almost ran me of my motorbike today.

I’m in the bus lane which ends and goes into a normal straight in lane at the lights. He’s in the outside lane and needs to move across.

I’m pretty much level with his front bumper as he starts to indicate so all he needs to do is slow a touch and pull in.

But noooo he decides to speed up and try and cut in front. Thing is the traffic in his lane is going about 1mpg faster than me so he manages to get half a bonnet max in front then starts to squeeze in.

Strangely enough I’m not minded to slam on my brakes to let him in so I keep going at a steady pace (it’s a 50cc scooter so I’m maxed at 29mph ) safely behind the car in front of me and moving at the general speed of the rest of the road traffic.

He clearly takes umbrage at such an affront and keeps on moving until he realises finally that he’s either gonna kill me or just needs to slow for a second.

Having won the duel, which was all of his making, I and dafty behind go through said traffic lights easily enough.

Clearly annoyed for no reason at all he then promptly swerves out onto the other side of the road, screams past while forcing traffic coming the other way to move over...only to come straight bang into a crossing light at red with three cars already stopped and needs to slam on his brakes to avoid a crash.

Quite why some would be so desperate to get 5 yards of road in front I have no idea.

And I would love to have seen his face as I nipped down the side of the stopped traffic and merrily skipped the queue of cars and relegated him to 4 cars back .

Normally I would have happily waited in the queue but just couldn’t resist on this occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    The complete daftyy that almost ran me of my motorbike today.

I’m in the bus lane which ends and goes into a normal straight in lane at the lights. He’s in the outside lane and needs to move across.

I’m pretty much level with his front bumper as he starts to indicate so all he needs to do is slow a touch and pull in.

But noooo he decides to speed up and try and cut in front. Thing is the traffic in his lane is going about 1mpg faster than me so he manages to get half a bonnet max in front then starts to squeeze in.

Strangely enough I’m not minded to slam on my brakes to let him in so I keep going at a steady pace (it’s a 50cc scooter so I’m maxed at 29mph ) safely behind the car in front of me and moving at the general speed of the rest of the road traffic.

He clearly takes umbrage at such an affront and keeps on moving until he realises finally that he’s either gonna kill me or just needs to slow for a second.

Having won the duel, which was all of his making, I and dafty behind go through said traffic lights easily enough.

Clearly annoyed for no reason at all he then promptly swerves out onto the other side of the road, screams past while forcing traffic coming the other way to move over...only to come straight bang into a crossing light at red with three cars already stopped and needs to slam on his brakes to avoid a crash.

Quite why some would be so desperate to get 5 yards of road in front I have no idea.

And I would love to have seen his face as I nipped down the side of the stopped traffic and merrily skipped the queue of cars and relegated him to 4 cars back .

Normally I would have happily waited in the queue but just couldn’t resist on this occasion.

i have no idea why some people are so desperate to get one or two cars further up the queue.

on Sunday I was driving round the bypass heading east, there was slow moving traffic from Hermiston bait to about dreghirn, then it picked up a bit. I watched a Mercedes join at Barberton level with me, and weave their way through the traffic, undertaking and overtaking, several times relying on other people’s driving skills to keep them alive, diving into tiny gaps, only to come off at Lothianburn, about 3 cars in front of where he’d have been if he’d just stayed where he/she was, but no, it was far more important to put dozens of lives at risk, to save around 5 seconds.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Bawbags that use fog lights when visibility is down to a minimum of 100mtrs.

Bawbags that are using fullbeams but don't dip their lights when coming around a corner.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

When your skooshers get frozen and you can't clean your window!

I was out the van about half a dozen times yesterday doing it with a spray bottle I keep handy. I even came off the motorway twice to do it!

Don't start me on the low sun.

And definitely don't start me on a combination of a dirty screen and bright sunshine!!!!
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

I was out the van about half a dozen times yesterday doing it with a spray bottle I keep handy. I even came off the motorway twice to do it!

And definitely don't start me on a combination of a dirty screen and bright sunshine!!!!
    Have you tried putting undiluted washer fluid into the reservoir?

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar

On a similar note a few years back I had a car, might have been a Ford, that once you had washed your windscreen the wipers gave a single wipe about 5-10 seconds later smearing your nice clean screen again.

@hibs.net private member
    The fact that the windows on my car don't contact with the rubber strips as they go down, so winding the window down and up doesn't clear any condensation.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    On a similar note a few years back I had a car, might have been a Ford, that once you had washed your windscreen the wipers gave a single wipe about 5-10 seconds later smearing your nice clean screen again.
    Yes, that's ford. On the plus side my ford had a heating element in the windscreen so rapid defrosting.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Have you tried putting undiluted washer fluid into the reservoir?
    Thanks.

I used the winter directions on the bottle. It's fine in the reservoir and the pipes up to the wee end bit.

A temporary fix I found was spraying the nozzle directly with my deicer aerosol.
    Space to let

Thanks.

I used the winter directions on the bottle. It's fine in the reservoir and the pipes up to the wee end bit.

A temporary fix I found was spraying the nozzle directly with my deicer aerosol.
    Ha ha sorry yeah maybe that was a bit bloody obvious...but you never know

Hate the low sun.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    Bawbags that use fog lights when visibility is down to a minimum of 100mtrs.

Bawbags that are using fullbeams but don't dip their lights when coming around a corner.

Foglight ****wits. Wish the police would pull them for it.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Hate the low sun.

I agree. Possibly the most dangerous natural event on the roads.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Hate the low sun.
    A bit like Prince Philip then.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

People who don’t notice the traffic is moving again because they are starring down at their phones.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    People who don’t notice the traffic is moving again because they are starring down at their phones.
    I hate these people when I’m driving the car but love them when I’m on the motorbike as there’s always a place to get back in when filtering.

I wear a helmet camera but thankfully never needed to use the footage, if I got paid for catching people on their phones or going through red lights I’d be very rich.

I'm not a driver but was getting a lift just after Xmas from Aberdeen to Montrose and the low sun on the new Aberdeen bypass was brutal. There was a Roundabout that you straight up couldn't see from afar in the glare and as the road was relatively new a massive truck and car just hadn't seen it until it was too late and were "beached" in the middle of the roundabout.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    People that stop their car either at the roadside or in car parks, get out the car leaving the drivers door wide open and walk round to the boot or passenger side making it awkward to pass them without taking their door off.........why??? Close the door you morons

Blog Entries
    Folk who drive too fast in car parks.