hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 114 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I knew how to add a picture I would.

The problem junction on sherrifhall is coming from the road where the cockatoo is/was going towards Bonnyrigg. It doesn’t matter the name of each of the roads but that’s the junction and direction that folk can’t understand.
    That's a bad approach. Actually, all the approaches, other than either stretch of the Bypass itself (A720) are badly marked. It's all very well having a really well-marked roundabout but if the lanes coming into it aren't clear then it just causes problems.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    That's a bad approach. Actually, all the approaches, other than either stretch of the Bypass itself (A720) are badly marked. It's all very well having a really well-marked roundabout but if the lanes coming into it aren't clear then it just causes problems.
    It should've been a proper interchange from day 1 instead of the shambles it is.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    It should've been a proper interchange from day 1 instead of the shambles it is.

When it opened there were no traffic lights!

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    When it opened there were no traffic lights!
    Given the volume of traffic that flows through the roundabout and the fact that there is traffic lights, I think it does okay.
    I think a great opportunity was missed for building a north/south underpass when the diversion for the rail bridge construction was in place.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    That Milton Rd is going to be murder for the next 9 weeks, Getting dug up for gas works, temp lights in operation at the cross roads near the esso garage.

Folk who use the horn. Usually blokes.
    In the time it took for you to do that, mate, you could have slowed down and avoided any risk of a collision.
    Read your Highway Code (if you can) and you'll find out when to toot your horn. It might surprise you!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Folk who use the horn. Usually blokes.
    In the time it took for you to do that, mate, you could have slowed down and avoided any risk of a collision.
    Read your Highway Code (if you can) and you'll find out when to toot your horn. It might surprise you!
    I get your point and tend to agree, but I have used my horn whilst slowing down and avoiding a collision, you can do all three at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    I get your point and tend to agree, but I have used my horn whilst slowing down and avoiding a collision, you can do all three at the same time

Depending on the situation, it’s also a way of demonstrating frustration at someone else’s poor/dangerous driving that caused you to have to slow down and avoid a collision.

Drivers like the one on the bypass today who was more than desperate to pass me then when he did sat in front of me driving the same speed I had been doing all along.

Coming home from Dunfermline yesterday, traffic backed up from the new bridge to Dunfermline junction, walking pace all the way to the bridge, suddenly the traffic picks back up to normal speed. No accident, no break down, just a bunch of morons who can’t maintain a reasonable speed as people want to join from a slip road, as if that’s something very abnormal. Cars literally coming to a halt on a motorway to let one car join the inside lane

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Coming home from Dunfermline yesterday, traffic backed up from the new bridge to Dunfermline junction, walking pace all the way to the bridge, suddenly the traffic picks back up to normal speed. No accident, no break down, just a bunch of morons who can’t maintain a reasonable speed as people want to join from a slip road, as if that’s something very abnormal. Cars literally coming to a halt on a motorway to let one car join the inside lane

I was stuck in that, in was metal how it all just cleared after the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    It's the same on the bypass - happens all the time. All it takes is one dumbo at sliproad junctions to panic and everything gets backed up.
    On Saturday I was in the outside lane and noticed two cars coming down the slip road. I held back slightly so the Merc on the inside lane of the b/pass could ease into the outside lane. Instead the Merc stayed in the inside lane and the three cars got all muddled up with brakes lights flashing, two jockeying to find a slot. All because the Merc didn't have the savvy to read the situation and act on it sensibly.

Seems like the bypass is attracting all the dumbos these days.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    People talking up more room that necessary when parking, e.g. leaving half a car's space between them and the start of double lines.

Tailgaiters on a motorway. Idiots.

Crazy mate...it was just as bad when we were going north about 2 hours before

also agree about people who can’t read the situation at slip roads, if everyone used some sense and courtesy, everything would flow so much better and safer

Folk that just seem to drive at one speed.

I was behind a guy tonight on a road that was a 60 limit and he was driving at about 35mph. The road changes to 40 and he stayed at the same speed, it then changes to 30 and still the same speed then goes back to 60 and still the same ****ing speed.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

People who can't reverse park to save themselves but still insist on half a dozen attempts to get the right angle whilst holding up the line of traffic behind them. As you sit there in your car behind them you know they are never going to make it at the angle and distance from which they start, I'm for all giving people a chance but some folk are absolutely useless at it.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Selfish & irresponsible drivers that blat down an empty greenway when it is in operation.
    Witnessed a young lady almost wipe out a pedestrian crossing the Gyle Broadway. Traffic was nose to tail and going nowhere, guy crosses the road at the lights half way along, makes his way through the queuing traffic and little miss impatient speeds along the bus lane at 40+ and only misses the guy because someone in the queue hit their horn to alert him.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Might have already been done but the inability to stay in lane. Got blocked from a turn twice yesterday because a driver took up poor lane position blocking me from moving on.

The connected type are the ones who see a light at red so slow down and crawl towards it. I understand why they do it but they don't realise that in doeing so the 3 cards behind them cannot take the left fork and aren't going towards the lights. Does my nut in.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Folk who hog the middle lane of a three lane motorway. Just move back in you pricks.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

It's getting so I take the inner ring route round the south of Edinburgh to avoid the bypass. Too many idiots now on that road.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    It's getting so I take the inner ring route round the south of Edinburgh to avoid the bypass. Too many idiots now on that road.
    Good, that's one less.

(Just kiddin', HT )

Blog Entries
    Travelling on the road from Peebles to Carluke yesterday. I was going up a hill towards a blind summit and at about 50 yards from the top I could see the head of a cyclist appear. He glanced quickly to his right which put me on my guard. Suddenly a car appeared on my side of the road, overtaking the cyclist as he approached the top of the hill. I had to slam on the brakes to let the muppet get back to his side but was amazed to see he was being followed by two other cars. A blind summit with two solid white lines up the middle was not enough for these clowns.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I had someone actually shouting at me for not slamming on the breaks and letting them in on front of me on the motorway this morning. Do people just expect the sea to part because they put their indicator on?

People who drive up the wrong lane and then cut back in essentially skipping an entire queue.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I had someone actually shouting at me for not slamming on the breaks and letting them in on front of me on the motorway this morning. Do people just expect the sea to part because they put their indicator on?

I had someone cut in front of me making me slam my brakes, I tooted and he tooted back and gave me a sarcastic wave with his fingers.....this made me more angry than if he had actually just swore at me!¬

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Apparently so, as it’s all too often this happens

i was on a 3 lane roundabout yesterday, in the middle lane. I had a car in the lane outside me, preparing to come off the the approaching exit. I wasn’t indicating, and following my lane to continue past the exit. A car came to roundabout from this junction to join the roundabout, slammed his brakes on at the last moment and began gesticulating at me for not leaving the roundabout. How he thought I was coming off when I’d given no indication I was intending to, not to mention the presence of another car immediately beside me preventing me from doing so even if I did want to do that.....

some people on the roads survive not through their own skill, but only by the skill and road craft of other road users

Quote Originally Posted by NevadaHibee View Post
    People who drive up the wrong lane and then cut back in essentially skipping an entire queue.

Happens on the run up to the junction with Milton Rd, from the Asda roundabout folk deliberately drive up the left turn only lane then cut in a the last minute usually stopping people that are actually wanting to turn left!!!

Happens on the run up to the junction with Milton Rd, from the Asda roundabout folk deliberately drive up the left turn only lane then cut in a the last minute usually stopping people that are actually wanting to turn left!!!
    Every ****ing morning.

I'm sure there's an element of confirmation bias but it always seems to be people driving the same 2 or 3 brands of car that I get stuck behind as well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    I generally try to keep traffic moving and let people merge in as much as I can but not so much that I end up going backwards, but this particular stretch of road and expected behaviour riles me to the point where I become a bit militant and wish for everyone in lane 2 to drive a fag papers distance from the car in front and for any poor sucker being held up in lane 1 to lean on their horn until the queue jumper is shamed in to carrying on towards Milton Road!

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    I generally try to keep traffic moving and let people merge in as much as I can but not so much that I end up going backwards, but this particular stretch of road and expected behaviour riles me to the point where I become a bit militant and wish for everyone in lane 2 to drive a fag papers distance from the car in front and for any poor sucker being held up in lane 1 to lean on their horn until the queue jumper is shamed in to carrying on towards Milton Road!
    That’s what happened to me few weeks ago, no one would let him in so I leant on my horn for what seemed like ages but still he wouldn’t shift and continued to block the whole left lane until he finally got in. As I then drew level he had the audacity to open his passenger window to shout abuse at me. Ersehole of the highest order,