hibs.net Messageboard

Page 25 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    People who do their shopping at petrol stations. While I'm sitting behind you at the pump waiting for you to get your arse in gear, you are paying a premium for that loaf of bread, twix and ***** Costa. Well done prick

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that because the other vehicles behind them also have to drive @ 20?
    I'm sure I've mentioned it before here, but I have the fortune/misfortune to drive a commercial vehicle with tracker/speed limiter. If I do 10% over the limit I get a warning/disciplined. I sometimes feel sorry for those stuck behind me, at night they just overtake, not always possible in 20 zones when it's busy/during the day.
    I saw a sticker on the back of a van the other day which said "speed limited to 68mph". I assume that's to do with tracking, as you've mentioned, rather than a physical inability for that van to be driven at more than 68mph? The latter doesn't seem like a safe option.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I saw a sticker on the back of a van the other day which said "speed limited to 68mph". I assume that's to do with tracking, as you've mentioned, rather than a physical inability for that van to be driven at more than 68mph? The latter doesn't seem like a safe option.
    I used a van at an old job and it was physically limited to 70 - they work the same way as a limiter in performance cars that stop the car going beyond 155mph

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    As Jones28 above says, it's a physical limiter. I'm not a mechanic but would guess it monitors the digital speedo (gone are the days of disconnecting a speedo cable to save miles on your clock) and cuts fuel at a pre designated limit.
    My current van is limited to a true 70 but my previous was 68, it never felt unsafe to me and can't figure out how it would be?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Saw a guy in a white Audit TT park in a disabled bay at Tesco last night, hopped out his car and into the store - no blue badge on display.

What was worse, is that there were tons of non-disabled spaces he could have taken just behind where he actually parked. Lazy, entitled bawbag.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Drivers at Asda livingst on who park on the double yellow lines while there passengers do the shopping.It only costs 50p which you get back on your shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    People who do their shopping at petrol stations. While I'm sitting behind you at the pump waiting for you to get your arse in gear, you are paying a premium for that loaf of bread, twix and ***** Costa. Well done prick
    More money than sense, clearly.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Saw a guy in a white Audit TT park in a disabled bay at Tesco last night, hopped out his car and into the store - no blue badge on display.

What was worse, is that there were tons of non-disabled spaces he could have taken just behind where he actually parked. Lazy, entitled bawbag.
    Does my tits in. ASDA at Newhaven late at night is apparently a hotspot for people with disabilities judging by the amount of people in they spaces compared to the amount in the standard spaces..

I saw a woman with no blue badge park in the last available disabled bay (and also the furthest from the shop) while the non-disabled bays right beside it lay empty. No badge on display and when a guy questioned her she just went on an x rated rant about how she’ll park wherever the **** she wants and said something along the lines of “it’s no like a disabled person is going to be here at this time”

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Does my tits in. ASDA at Newhaven late at night is apparently a hotspot for people with disabilities judging by the amount of people in they spaces compared to the amount in the standard spaces..

I saw a woman with no blue badge park in the last available disabled bay (and also the furthest from the shop) while the non-disabled bays right beside it lay empty. No badge on display and when a guy questioned her she just went on an x rated rant about how she’ll park wherever the **** she wants and said something along the lines of “it’s no like a disabled person is going to be here at this time

Haha, aye because they're all on a curfew and not allowed out to Asda at night, what an absolute div.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Haha, aye because they're all on a curfew and not allowed out to Asda at night, what an absolute div.

Last year a guy parked his car in Castle St on the disabled space behind the taxi rank, some nights the wardens come round in their wee white van to check and gave him a ticket for parking there, I spoke with the wardens and they said disabled spaces are 24hr spaces. The guy came back and moaned about getting a ticket, I said to him that being disabled is a lifetime condition not just until 6.30pm like other parking spaces, he didn't get the humour and went away in a right mood.

As Jones28 above says, it's a physical limiter. I'm not a mechanic but would guess it monitors the digital speedo (gone are the days of disconnecting a speedo cable to save miles on your clock) and cuts fuel at a pre designated limit.
    My current van is limited to a true 70 but my previous was 68, it never felt unsafe to me and can't figure out how it would be?
    Ta. I was thinking about scenarios where the ability to accelerate to avoid danger is potentially as important as the ability to brake.

Ta. I was thinking about scenarios where the ability to accelerate to avoid danger is potentially as important as the ability to brake.
    You mean like a pack of hungry cheetahs chasing you? 😀😀

When there is a filter lane for turning right, but folk put their right indicator on and don’t move into the filter lane, ignoring that there is a separate lane for them, and block the road

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    You mean like a pack of hungry cheetahs chasing you? 😀😀
    Or a hippopotamus.

Or a hippopotamus.
    Now that is something to speed away from!

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Parked my new Audi at tescos when i popped in for some scran.
    Love those Tesco car parks - parking is dead handy and theres always a local about taking pictures of the cars, and standing watching them for you while you shop. Maybe they cant afford a car.
    i was going to give him a fiver for watching the new motor, but he was gone. Maybe his missus had called him home.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    When there is a filter lane for turning right, but folk put their right indicator on and don’t move into the filter lane, ignoring that there is a separate lane for them, and block the road
    This does my head in.

I can't remember if I've mentioned this before but at the bottom of my street is a cross road (the one at Comely Bank beside Waitrose). For whatever reason peoples ability to drive goes out the window and folk seem to think it's a case of whoever was there first gets to go and nothing to do with what direction you're going. The amount of times I've nearly been hit by people turning right when I'm either going left or straight on is astonishing. Literally about 1/3rd of the time I come to that junction it happens and it only doesn't materialise because I know to watch out for it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    Parked my new Audi at tescos when i popped in for some scran.
    Love those Tesco car parks - parking is dead handy and theres always a local about taking pictures of the cars, and standing watching them for you while you shop. Maybe they cant afford a car.
    i was going to give him a fiver for watching the new motor, but he was gone. Maybe his missus had called him home.

Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Coming up the slip road from the park and ride westbound towards m and s garage...nice folk form a nice queue to join the main flow of traffic and all the ****ers that boot up the inside and try to merge in last minute creating all sorts of mayhem - **** jockeys.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    **Mistaken, dangerous & aggressive drivers**

As above, drivers that have no clue then drive dangerously then become aggressive!

I was leaving Hermiston Gait last night, heading towards A71 so drive up the filtered lane that bypasses the light controlled roundabout. Going up the hill an articulated truck, coming from the M8 direction, sped up and pulled in behind me, crossing the solid white line and came within 1 metre (genuinely) of my car as I was doing around 40mph.
    Driver started to flash his lights, I ignored and got up to near 50 before I had to stop at the Calder roundabout.
    The driver gets out the truck and starts getting verbal and I very nearly got out but the lights were starting to change and I just wanted to get on.
    Turns out, the driver was Dutch, delivering for Gist, he wasn't aware I was in a filtered lane, he thought I'd came up a hard shoulder,,,, that never did explain why he threatened my life with his artic!?!
    Last edited by speedy_gonzales; 13-03-2019 at 10:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    **Mistaken, dangerous & aggressive drivers**

As above, drivers that have no clue then drive dangerously then become aggressive!

I was leaving Hermiston Gait last night, heading towards A71 so drive up the filtered lane that bypasses the light controlled roundabout. Going up the hill an articulated truck, coming from the M8 direction, sped up and pulled in behind me, crossing the solid white line and came within 1 metre (genuinely) of my car as I was doing around 40mph.
    Driver started to flash his lights, I ignored and got up to near 50 before I had to stop at the Calder roundabout.
    The driver gets out the truck and starts getting verbal and I very nearly got out but the lights were starting to change and I just wanted to get on.
    Turns out, the driver was Dutch, delivering for Gist, he wasn't aware I was in a filtered lane, he thought I'd came up a hard shoulder,,,, that never did explain why he threatened my life with his article!?!
    Must be the area. Had an incident with an angry UPS driver steaming out of the industrial estate onto the same road but into Edinbugh. He wasn't for giving way then assumed I knew the same signal for coming on meant he was also coming into the lane I'd had to swerve into and I was still in his way. While no altercation ensued I assumed this was only because he's timed on deliveries.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    The prick who gave me a parking ticket up at lauriston yesterday.

Appealed.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Ex-wives who still have access to your car and leave the car in an absolute state:

- snorterry tissues strewn all over the car
    - sweetie wrappers strewn all over the car
    - a green wig left sitting on the passenger seat
    - chocolate smeared all over the inside of the car
    - chocolate smeared all over a glasses case
    - chocolate smeared all over glasses
    - glasses broken even though they are in the case
    - incapable of putting air in the tyres
    - getting the car so dirty just after it’s been washed that the rear parking camera that she insisted on getting is useless as the dirt is covering it.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Ex-wives who still have access to your car and leave the car in an absolute state:

- getting the car so dirty just after it’s been washed that the rear parking camera that she insisted on getting is useless as the dirt is covering it.
    Ouch.

@hibs.net private member

Well rid

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

You mean you didn't tidy up before she got in 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Weird!!
    Are you sure it was "chocolate"?

But it must have been cool being married to Mrs Grotbags?

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

Well rid

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    To the woman sat in her car at the lights on Milton rd with her 2 young children in car seats in the back, sitting texting on her phone and continued to look down and text whilst pulling away when traffic started moving when the lights changed, absolutely horrendous behaviour from a mother with young kids. I hope you get caught.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.