hibs.net Messageboard

Page 20 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Similarly, when you are trying to overtake someone on a dual carriageway, A90 to Aberdeen particularly, the car you are trying to overtake speeds up so that you have to accelerate more and exceed the legal limit, in order to make the pass but as soon as you have passed them they slow down again.
    That's what happened in my post above. Weirdos.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    That's what happened in my post above. Weirdos.

And the ones who can’t maintain a steady speed.

My wife’s family all stay in Perth and Dundee, so we’re up and down fairly often. It’s crazy the number of times I’ve overtaken another vehicle as I’m doing 70, a few minutes later they go past me as I’m still doing 70, then a few minutes later I’m overtaking them again, still doing 70, repeat several times on the journey.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    And the ones who can’t maintain a steady speed.

My wife’s family all stay in Perth and Dundee, so we’re up and down fairly often. It’s crazy the number of times I’ve overtaken another vehicle as I’m doing 70, a few minutes later they go past me as I’m still doing 70, then a few minutes later I’m overtaking them again, still doing 70, repeat several times on the journey.
    It’s really noticeable if you using cruise control. You really see the number of cars constantly yo-yoing.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    It's been done to death on here but people not using the whole road when loosing a lane further on, a bit of courteous driving would get everyone where they were going quicker. It's in the ****ing Highway Code people!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    middle lane huggers.

On my way back from Liverpool on the M6 I am in the inside lane and there are lorries 150m ahead. I check mirrors and there is a Range Rover also about 150m behind, in the middle lane. I signal and move out and get blasts of headlights from the driver of the Range Rover. He comes up to my tail as I am beside the rear of the first lorry before he moves over to the outside (third) lane and holds his hand to the horn. WTF was wrong with him, there was plenty room and I was going just below 70mph.

Rant over.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    middle lane huggers.

On my way back from Liverpool on the M6 I am in the inside lane and there are lorries 150m ahead. I check mirrors and there is a Range Rover also about 150m behind, in the middle lane. I signal and move out and get blasts of headlights from the driver of the Range Rover. He comes up to my tail as I am beside the rear of the first lorry before he moves over to the outside (third) lane and holds his hand to the horn. WTF was wrong with him, there was plenty room and I was going just below 70mph.

Rant over.
    Probably the fact he was driving a range rover. It seems that these vehicles have been reserved especially for self important twats.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    middle lane huggers.

Rant over.
    It seems that a massive part of the driving population have no idea how to drive properly on a motorway.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Back to this time of the year when commuting on my motorbike in the dark and faced with oncoming cyclists with the brightest lights they can find flashing constantly.

What is it with these flashing lights, I don’t understand them, they blind me and I find it difficult to see properly after they’ve passed.

I’ve started flashing my lights back at them, probably doesn’t help much but will give them an idea of how ridiculous it is.

Those ultra bright LED headlights that seem to be increasingly popular.

They must be great if you are behind the wheel, not so great for any poor ******* driving towards you as they are totally blinded. Some of them are worse than driving towards someone with their high beams on.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

They must be great if you are behind the wheel, not so great for any poor ******* driving towards you as they are totally blinded. Some of them are worse than driving towards someone with their high beams on.
    100% this!! I hate them

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Probably the fact he was driving a range rover. It seems that these vehicles have been reserved especially for self important twats.
    Nobody needs a Range Rover. Especially not in town.
    And particularly not a white one.

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar

Been noticing this as well. They're also on the new model Lothian Buses.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    100% this!! I hate them
    Also people who have their headlights out of alignment which means either one or both blind you as they're set far too high and illegal.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    When a 97 year old codger pulls out in front of you in his Landrover from his driveway. Amazingly the police were at the scene within seconds.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Also people who have their headlights out of alignment which means either one or both blind you as they're set far too high and illegal.
    Or folk who drive with a knackered driver’s side headlamp. In really dark conditions it looks like an approaching motor cycle.

Great if it’s your car though the difference is amazing over old halogens.

I will add York Place going west at the tram stop were everyone doesn’t let anyone merge in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    When a 97 year old codger pulls out in front of you in his Landrover from his driveway. Amazingly the police were at the scene within seconds.
    I bet he got a right ticking-off!

Presumably the police were in front of and behind the codger

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    The ghost of his late daughter-in-law was heard to comment.... "You have to be lucky every time. I only have to be lucky once..."

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The ghost of his late daughter-in-law was heard to comment.... "You have to be lucky every time. I only have to be lucky once..."

Oh that's black, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    I will add York Place going west at the tram stop were everyone doesn’t let anyone merge in.
    Grow a set and merge boy.

Most common one for me just now is the traffic lights where one of the vehicles ahead is turning right.
    Lots of junctions in the country have been modified from 2 lane both way to one lane for safety reasons, which I’m all for, and most have had some modification which allows, even if not specifically marked, a space which if taken, allows the rest of the traffic to flow. Even the tightest ones if offside to offside turning is used can allow traffic to flow.
    So why do so many nutters just sit with their right indicator on and not move forward?
    I can’t answer the question coz my answer would probably get me banned!
    I’ve seen myself sit thru 3 light sequences because they don’t move forward and it’s so frustrating!
    It’s the most selfish/stupid/ bad driver thing I’m seeing umpteen times everyday in Edinburgh.
    Grinds my gears lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cars turning left or right at a junction who block the road for those travelling straight on although there's still 5m room for them to move forward.
    Was scrolling back and found this post. Pretty much what I said, but I was in full rant mode lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Can’t remember if I said this before or not but when cars drive so far up your arse they can’t see you indicating when you pull over to park.

People who pull up at lights behind the car on the right( who's indicating ) and when the lights change they realise they're in the wrong lane and then attempt to pull into the left lane because they finally see the car in front has it's right indicator on, useless gets.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People who are waiting to pull out at a junction turning left or right but.not Iactually looking or paying attention both ways. As you approach you slow down giving them plenty of time to pull out, they don’t move, you give them a flash of your lights, they don’t move, you then give up and you pass them see that they aren’t even paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    People who pull up at lights behind the car on the right( who's indicating ) and when the lights change they realise they're in the wrong lane and then attempt to pull into the left lane because they finally see the car in front has it's right indicator on, useless gets.
    People sat at lights in the right lane who only put their indicator on to turn right after a car wanting to drive straight on has pulled up behind them.

People sat at lights in the right lane who only put their indicator on to turn right after a car wanting to drive straight on has pulled up behind them.
    That too

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    People who are waiting to pull out at a junction turning left or right but.not Iactually looking or paying attention both ways. As you approach you slow down giving them plenty of time to pull out, they don’t move, you give them a flash of your lights, they don’t move, you then give up and you pass them see that they aren’t even paying attention.
    Yesterday I was the one wanting to turn right at a T junction, car from the left was indicating to turn right into the road I was exiting from but left room for me to go first, car from the right indicating to park in a space just past the car on the left. It was like a Mexican standoff, who moves first.

Answer was me.