hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 540
  1. #301
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I knew how to add a picture I would.

    The problem junction on sherrifhall is coming from the road where the cockatoo is/was going towards Bonnyrigg. It doesnít matter the name of each of the roads but thatís the junction and direction that folk canít understand.
    That's a bad approach. Actually, all the approaches, other than either stretch of the Bypass itself (A720) are badly marked. It's all very well having a really well-marked roundabout but if the lanes coming into it aren't clear then it just causes problems.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a bad approach. Actually, all the approaches, other than either stretch of the Bypass itself (A720) are badly marked. It's all very well having a really well-marked roundabout but if the lanes coming into it aren't clear then it just causes problems.
    It should've been a proper interchange from day 1 instead of the shambles it is.

  4. #303
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It should've been a proper interchange from day 1 instead of the shambles it is.

    When it opened there were no traffic lights!

  5. #304
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    12,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When it opened there were no traffic lights!
    Given the volume of traffic that flows through the roundabout and the fact that there is traffic lights, I think it does okay.
    I think a great opportunity was missed for building a north/south underpass when the diversion for the rail bridge construction was in place.

  6. #305
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    34
    Posts
    21,207
    That Milton Rd is going to be murder for the next 9 weeks, Getting dug up for gas works, temp lights in operation at the cross roads near the esso garage.

  7. #306
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,564
    Folk who use the horn. Usually blokes.
    In the time it took for you to do that, mate, you could have slowed down and avoided any risk of a collision.
    Read your Highway Code (if you can) and you'll find out when to toot your horn. It might surprise you!

  8. #307
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,981
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Folk who use the horn. Usually blokes.
    In the time it took for you to do that, mate, you could have slowed down and avoided any risk of a collision.
    Read your Highway Code (if you can) and you'll find out when to toot your horn. It might surprise you!
    I get your point and tend to agree, but I have used my horn whilst slowing down and avoiding a collision, you can do all three at the same time
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  9. #308
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get your point and tend to agree, but I have used my horn whilst slowing down and avoiding a collision, you can do all three at the same time

    Depending on the situation, itís also a way of demonstrating frustration at someone elseís poor/dangerous driving that caused you to have to slow down and avoid a collision.

  10. #309
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    12,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Drivers like the one on the bypass today who was more than desperate to pass me then when he did sat in front of me driving the same speed I had been doing all along.

  11. #310
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,057
    Coming home from Dunfermline yesterday, traffic backed up from the new bridge to Dunfermline junction, walking pace all the way to the bridge, suddenly the traffic picks back up to normal speed. No accident, no break down, just a bunch of morons who canít maintain a reasonable speed as people want to join from a slip road, as if thatís something very abnormal. Cars literally coming to a halt on a motorway to let one car join the inside lane

  12. #311
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    34
    Posts
    21,207
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Coming home from Dunfermline yesterday, traffic backed up from the new bridge to Dunfermline junction, walking pace all the way to the bridge, suddenly the traffic picks back up to normal speed. No accident, no break down, just a bunch of morons who canít maintain a reasonable speed as people want to join from a slip road, as if thatís something very abnormal. Cars literally coming to a halt on a motorway to let one car join the inside lane

    I was stuck in that, in was metal how it all just cleared after the bridge.

  13. #312
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    12,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was stuck in that, in was metal how it all just cleared after the bridge.
    It's the same on the bypass - happens all the time. All it takes is one dumbo at sliproad junctions to panic and everything gets backed up.
    On Saturday I was in the outside lane and noticed two cars coming down the slip road. I held back slightly so the Merc on the inside lane of the b/pass could ease into the outside lane. Instead the Merc stayed in the inside lane and the three cars got all muddled up with brakes lights flashing, two jockeying to find a slot. All because the Merc didn't have the savvy to read the situation and act on it sensibly.

    Seems like the bypass is attracting all the dumbos these days.

  14. #313
    @hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,227
    People talking up more room that necessary when parking, e.g. leaving half a car's space between them and the start of double lines.

    Tailgaiters on a motorway. Idiots.

  15. #314
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was stuck in that, in was metal how it all just cleared after the bridge.

    Crazy mate...it was just as bad when we were going north about 2 hours before

    also agree about people who canít read the situation at slip roads, if everyone used some sense and courtesy, everything would flow so much better and safer

  16. #315
    Folk that just seem to drive at one speed.

    I was behind a guy tonight on a road that was a 60 limit and he was driving at about 35mph. The road changes to 40 and he stayed at the same speed, it then changes to 30 and still the same speed then goes back to 60 and still the same ****ing speed.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  17. #316
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,981
    People who can't reverse park to save themselves but still insist on half a dozen attempts to get the right angle whilst holding up the line of traffic behind them. As you sit there in your car behind them you know they are never going to make it at the angle and distance from which they start, I'm for all giving people a chance but some folk are absolutely useless at it.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  18. #317
    @hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,658
    Selfish & irresponsible drivers that blat down an empty greenway when it is in operation.
    Witnessed a young lady almost wipe out a pedestrian crossing the Gyle Broadway. Traffic was nose to tail and going nowhere, guy crosses the road at the lights half way along, makes his way through the queuing traffic and little miss impatient speeds along the bus lane at 40+ and only misses the guy because someone in the queue hit their horn to alert him.

  19. #318
    @hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,029
    Might have already been done but the inability to stay in lane. Got blocked from a turn twice yesterday because a driver took up poor lane position blocking me from moving on.

    The connected type are the ones who see a light at red so slow down and crawl towards it. I understand why they do it but they don't realise that in doeing so the 3 cards behind them cannot take the left fork and aren't going towards the lights. Does my nut in.


    ďTheyíve got to learn quickly. Inconsistency wonít be tolerated. Itís not acceptable for a club of this standard..Ē - Neil Lennon 9 June 2016

  20. #319
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    36,384
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Folk who hog the middle lane of a three lane motorway. Just move back in you pricks.

  21. #320
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,564
    It's getting so I take the inner ring route round the south of Edinburgh to avoid the bypass. Too many idiots now on that road.

  22. #321
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    12,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's getting so I take the inner ring route round the south of Edinburgh to avoid the bypass. Too many idiots now on that road.
    Good, that's one less.

    (Just kiddin', HT )

  23. #322
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    71
    Posts
    16,025
    Blog Entries
    1
    Travelling on the road from Peebles to Carluke yesterday. I was going up a hill towards a blind summit and at about 50 yards from the top I could see the head of a cyclist appear. He glanced quickly to his right which put me on my guard. Suddenly a car appeared on my side of the road, overtaking the cyclist as he approached the top of the hill. I had to slam on the brakes to let the muppet get back to his side but was amazed to see he was being followed by two other cars. A blind summit with two solid white lines up the middle was not enough for these clowns.

  24. #323
    @hibs.net private member Gatecrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    15,313
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I had someone actually shouting at me for not slamming on the breaks and letting them in on front of me on the motorway this morning. Do people just expect the sea to part because they put their indicator on?
    Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price. -Vince Lombardi

  25. #324
    People who drive up the wrong lane and then cut back in essentially skipping an entire queue.

  26. #325
    Testimonial Due Hibee87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    2,326
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had someone actually shouting at me for not slamming on the breaks and letting them in on front of me on the motorway this morning. Do people just expect the sea to part because they put their indicator on?

    I had someone cut in front of me making me slam my brakes, I tooted and he tooted back and gave me a sarcastic wave with his fingers.....this made me more angry than if he had actually just swore at me!¨

  27. #326
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had someone actually shouting at me for not slamming on the breaks and letting them in on front of me on the motorway this morning. Do people just expect the sea to part because they put their indicator on?
    Apparently so, as itís all too often this happens


    i was on a 3 lane roundabout yesterday, in the middle lane. I had a car in the lane outside me, preparing to come off the the approaching exit. I wasnít indicating, and following my lane to continue past the exit. A car came to roundabout from this junction to join the roundabout, slammed his brakes on at the last moment and began gesticulating at me for not leaving the roundabout. How he thought I was coming off when Iíd given no indication I was intending to, not to mention the presence of another car immediately beside me preventing me from doing so even if I did want to do that.....


    some people on the roads survive not through their own skill, but only by the skill and road craft of other road users

  28. #327
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    34
    Posts
    21,207
    Quote Originally Posted by NevadaHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who drive up the wrong lane and then cut back in essentially skipping an entire queue.

    Happens on the run up to the junction with Milton Rd, from the Asda roundabout folk deliberately drive up the left turn only lane then cut in a the last minute usually stopping people that are actually wanting to turn left!!!

  29. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happens on the run up to the junction with Milton Rd, from the Asda roundabout folk deliberately drive up the left turn only lane then cut in a the last minute usually stopping people that are actually wanting to turn left!!!
    Every ****ing morning.

    I'm sure there's an element of confirmation bias but it always seems to be people driving the same 2 or 3 brands of car that I get stuck behind as well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  30. #329
    @hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happens on the run up to the junction with Milton Rd, from the Asda roundabout folk deliberately drive up the left turn only lane then cut in a the last minute usually stopping people that are actually wanting to turn left!!!
    I generally try to keep traffic moving and let people merge in as much as I can but not so much that I end up going backwards, but this particular stretch of road and expected behaviour riles me to the point where I become a bit militant and wish for everyone in lane 2 to drive a fag papers distance from the car in front and for any poor sucker being held up in lane 1 to lean on their horn until the queue jumper is shamed in to carrying on towards Milton Road!

  31. #330
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,981
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I generally try to keep traffic moving and let people merge in as much as I can but not so much that I end up going backwards, but this particular stretch of road and expected behaviour riles me to the point where I become a bit militant and wish for everyone in lane 2 to drive a fag papers distance from the car in front and for any poor sucker being held up in lane 1 to lean on their horn until the queue jumper is shamed in to carrying on towards Milton Road!
    Thatís what happened to me few weeks ago, no one would let him in so I leant on my horn for what seemed like ages but still he wouldnít shift and continued to block the whole left lane until he finally got in. As I then drew level he had the audacity to open his passenger window to shout abuse at me. Ersehole of the highest order,
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved