hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stokesy

Left by mutual consent!

Stokesy

I started a thread were I was majorly pissed at him and the others. If there is a bit more to it than carry on in Portugal and he is willing to give it 100% then I still believe he offers us a lot.

I hope he gets a game tomorrow and does well, I really really want this to work out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He won't start tomorrow might be on bench.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He won't start tomorrow might be on bench.
    That will be a good start and sign

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    I just watched NL press conference and in all honesty, I think Stokes is done at Hibs. Whether they can get rid before next Wednesday, I don’t know and if not, it’s going to have to be an arm round the shoulder to get what we can from him. I will be gobsmacked if he is in our lineup next season.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    After seeing the full interview from Lennon on another thread it wouldn't surprise me if he travels with the club as part of the squad but might find himself sitting in the stand.

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    I just watched NL press conference and in all honesty, I think Stokes is done at Hibs. Whether they can get rid before next Wednesday, I don’t know and if not, it’s going to have to be an arm round the shoulder to get what we can from him. I will be gobsmacked if he is in our lineup next season.
    Intend to agree but lots of strange things happen in football.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    After seeing the full interview from Lennon on another thread it wouldn't surprise me if he travels with the club as part of the squad but might find himself sitting in the stand.
    Trying to read between the lines, I get the feeling Lennon's thrown the towel in re. Stokes. But like poster SM above says, all things can change. Tomorrow is always another day.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Trying to read between the lines, I get the feeling Lennon's thrown the towel in re. Stokes. But like poster SM above says, all things can change. Tomorrow is always another day.
    Six strikers traveling up to be in contention, two make the starting 11 and 2 make the bench and that could leave 2 sitting in the stand, maybe, certainly one will be up in the stand.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    You could see Lennons body language on Sunday was t great. I’d possibly correctly guess that part of that is being let down by he players. I wonder who might be top of that list?
    We saw how stubborn Lennon is during the Fyvie situation in the summer. So...

First Team Breakthrough
    In all honesty no player should ever be allowed to continually disregard the rules , for me , sorry it’s bye - bye

From what Lennon said in his most recent interview, I get the impression that he considers Stokes to be unmanageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    From what Lennon said in his most recent interview, I get the impression that he considers Stokes to be unmanageable.
    If he doesn't screw the nut for Lennon - a tough manager who has done a lot for Stokes in the past - then who does he knuckle down under?

My personal opinion is that Stokes thinks he's bigger than us. Sadly for Stokes, the only clubs likely to now be interested in him will be well below even our level.

If he were to go back to Celtic, go to an EPL team or find a big club on the continent then he might sort himself out. But let's face it - that is never going to happen.

This might be Stokes' last chance to salvage something from a career on a downward trajectory, up to him whether or not he fancies it.

I'd be inclined to agree with Lennon - Stokes may well be unmanageable.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One definition of insanity is doing the same things and expecting different results

Time to cut our losses on Stokes IMO.

I still think they guy is a decent player but that his ability doesn't outweigh the baggage that has and always will travel with him.

Realistic enough to acknowledge that if we cant get rid, he may play his way back in, but would prefer to get shot.

Thanks for the memories.

I don't know if Stokes was ever gonna start or even play against Hearts after Portugal but by asking for time off he took that decision out of Lennon's hands, I just wonder if his father back home in Dublin had summoned him back over to give him a right bollocking, I know he has a lot of influence over Stokes.

After watching the latest Lennon interview, all the correct things are being said but it doesn't look like he'll be in the squad, it sounded to me like Lennon has washed his hands of him after giving him every opportunity to help his career, only for Stokes to continually through it back into his face.

It'll be interesting come 6:45 when the team gets announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    If he doesn't screw the nut for Lennon - a tough manager who has done a lot for Stokes in the past - then who does he knuckle down under?

My personal opinion is that Stokes thinks he's bigger than us. Sadly for Stokes, the only clubs likely to now be interested in him will be well below even our level.

If he were to go back to Celtic, go to an EPL team or find a big club on the continent then he might sort himself out. But let's face it - that is never going to happen.

This might be Stokes' last chance to salvage something from a career on a downward trajectory, up to him whether or not he fancies it.

I'd be inclined to agree with Lennon - Stokes may well be unmanageable.
    No. You agree with SDG who gets the impression that Lennon considers Stokes to be unmanageable.

And people wonder why unfounded rumours grow arms and legs and are suddenly quoted as fact on the back pages of the **** and the ******.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Lennon quoted as saying "I think everyone will be looking for a bit of payback - if he plays. He owes everybody something".

That sounds to me like he's seriously considering playing him tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    I started a thread were I was majorly pissed at him and the others. If there is a bit more to it than carry on in Portugal and he is willing to give it 100% then I still believe he offers us a lot.

I hope he gets a game tomorrow and does well, I really really want this to work out.
    If he gets a game surely its to put him in the shop window with a view to getting some money back on a poor investment before the January window closes.

He's clearly a law unto himself and a disruptive influence ,disrespecful of the manager,club and fans I'm sorry to say.

Should know better by now Anthony.

You've blown it.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Lennon quoted as saying "I think everyone will be looking for a bit of payback - if he plays. He owes everybody something".

That sounds to me like he's seriously considering playing him tonight?
    Its an absolute nightmare scenario - hugely talented game changer in the ranks but clearly done something to P him off! Big decision to make.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    Its an absolute nightmare scenario - hugely talented game changer in the ranks but clearly done something to P him off! Big decision to make.
    He's a quality player, but a mess of an individual.
    It's easy to criticise, but sounds to me like he has some serious issues.
    I doubt he'd be at Hibs if his head was in the right place.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    I hope he does play tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    No. You agree with SDG who gets the impression that Lennon considers Stokes to be unmanageable.

And people wonder why unfounded rumours grow arms and legs and are suddenly quoted as fact on the back pages of the **** and the ******.
    At no point have I stated my opinion as fact or even suggested it to be fact.

I think I made it very clear that I had formed that opinion based purely on the back of my interpretation of Lennon's comments on the matter.

If anyone wants to take my post and turn it into a fact-based rumour or anything like that then that's up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post

Ok then, I agree with SDG's opinion.

Hope that makes everyone feel a bit better and keeps the papers at bay.

At no point have I stated my opinion as fact or even suggested it to be fact.

I think I made it very clear that I had formed that opinion based purely on the back of my interpretation of Lennon's comments on the matter.

If anyone wants to take my post and turn it into a fact-based rumour or anything like that then that's up to them.
    That was in response to Smartie who quoted your post but said he agreed with Lennon.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    He's a quality player, but a mess of an individual.
    It's easy to criticise, but sounds to me like he has some serious issues.
    I doubt he'd be at Hibs if his head was in the right place.

Footballers eh? This is not the first player in Scotland I can think of who had 'issues' outside of the 90 minutes on the pitch.

I think all this is entirely in his hands right now. Screw the nut, train, play and behave - he'll be here a while. Don't and he'll be out.

Left by mutual consent!
    Didn't something happen right before the Inver we replay in the cup? He was getting right pelters and told to gtf and then scored a double to send us through. Certainly worth a punt tonight.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    If he gets right back into the team it doesn't set a good example and may annoy other players as Stokes seems to be untouchable in terms of disciplinary action, while others get hammered.

Coaching Staff
    I tell you one thing, looking at the horizontal rain bashing of my window, he'll probably be hoping NL won't play him. Horrendous weather here just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    I tell you one thing, looking at the horizontal rain bashing of my window, he'll probably be hoping NL won't play him. Horrendous weather here just now.
    It's going to get up to 17 C here today. Gerritrightroonye.........

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    The games not in Kirkcaldy though??