hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Sorry to put a dampener on this lads but this info isn’t true, he will not be involved tomorrow.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by ivan03 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry to put a dampener on this lads but this info isn’t true, he will not be involved tomorrow.
    The “info” that was quoted directly from a Lennon interview?

Lennon is lying?

What Lennon said is that he trained and is contention for the squad.

Not that he is in the squad.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    He's not in the squad - he's "in contention for the squad".
    Exactly. Lennon said something similar before the Derby.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Not many card players on here are there.The idea that the club should be making statements on what’s going on behind the scenes with players in the lead up to a big game and handing the advantage of knowing who is defintely out to them just so people on websites can avoid mass hysteria is ludicrous.
    Well that worked. The impression was of a club in turmoil and a management team not in charge of events.

The ‘crisis’ talk is overblown but it’s not been our finest week.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Why is he in the Dundee squad?
    Quote Lennon
    "He asked for time off, he got it and is back in training."
    Lennon appeared to have a dig at Stokes' professionalism following reports the striker broke curfew during a warm weather training camp in Portugal.
    "For every player, it is the same premise: it is your livelihood and what you are paid to do and you have to act accordingly," he said.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    For me Stokes and McGeouch are the most gifted footballers we have in the squad. We will be seriously weakened if even 1 of them leaves.

Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    We can be as sanctimonious as we like, but the economics of the game dictates that only way we get Stokes (or Riordan, O'Connor etc) at Hibs these days, are if the player has some kind of personality/behavioural flaw, which makes them risky for the smaller clubs with bigger money. You can go back to Willie Hamilton and George Best and argue t'was always the case.

Point is, give me them before Hurtado, Vine etc any day of the week. That's the level we should get on SPL (outside Celtic) wages, so I'm happy to take the rough with the smooth for the sake of seeing some actual quality once in a while.

Yes, there has to be a cut off point where those individuals are just such a pain and disruptive influence that they need cut loose, but I'll always go with Lennon's judgement of where that is, before that of the amateur FBI behavioural sciences unit on this board.

So I'm not being sentimental about cup final heroics. We saw on Sunday where that lack of quality and guile in the final third got us. Simple pragmatism dictates this is probably a decent call by Lennon.
    Are people also forgetting that there were issues with Griffiths too. Sure he was booked for his reaction to some zhibs fans and didn’t him and Fenlon have run ins. ?

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This comment would be better suited in the hearts forum.
    🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    What is going on!?!
    You’re making stuff up. Do I win a prize?

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    None of us know as the silence as usual is deafening from Hibs. Lennon told us post match on Sunday it would all be sorted this week - we r still waiting to hear. Honest feel like Hibs treat us fans with sheer contempt sometimes.

What kind of weird cult are you a member of, where a week starts on Sunday and ends on Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    What kind of weird cult are you a member of, where a week starts on Sunday and ends on Tuesday?
    In case u forgotten we have 2 important league matches this week...the longer this rumbles on the worst the impact ithas on the squad. It needs resolving 1 way or another as soon as possible. I'm disappointed after Sunday that we are still no further forward in knowing what's going on??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    You've seen his contract?
    Behave the law is he has to be paid not in the squad

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    In case u forgotten we have 2 important league matches this week...the longer this rumbles on the worst the impact ithas on the squad. It needs resolving 1 way or another as soon as possible. I'm disappointed after Sunday that we are still no further forward in knowing what's going on??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I don’t think he’s forgotten that. He’s merely pointing out that you’re unhappy with lennon telling us it will be sorted within the next week, and it not been done by 6pm on the Tuesday.

Also.. he said “the next week or so” if I recall correctly.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I will buy his book, should be interesting.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    We can be as sanctimonious as we like, but the economics of the game dictates that only way we get Stokes (or Riordan, O'Connor etc) at Hibs these days, are if the player has some kind of personality/behavioural flaw, which makes them risky for the smaller clubs with bigger money. You can go back to Willie Hamilton and George Best and argue t'was always the case.

Point is, give me them before Hurtado, Vine etc any day of the week. That's the level we should get on SPL (outside Celtic) wages, so I'm happy to take the rough with the smooth for the sake of seeing some actual quality once in a while.

Yes, there has to be a cut off point where those individuals are just such a pain and disruptive influence that they need cut loose, but I'll always go with Lennon's judgement of where that is, before that of the amateur FBI behavioural sciences unit on this board.

So I'm not being sentimental about cup final heroics. We saw on Sunday where that lack of quality and guile in the final third got us. Simple pragmatism dictates this is probably a decent call by Lennon.
    Words of wisdom from DBS.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    Some fans really are pathetic.

Berating a player when they have no idea whats going on? Nobody has any concrete evidence that anything is going on other than he missed a curfew in Portugal.

He is still a Hibs player, if hes on that pitch i will support him as always!
    Exactly! Much of the stuff posted about Stokes on here has been embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Glad he’s in the squad as I just want our best players on the pitch. Stokes on his game is one of the best players in Scotland.
    As has been said before we dont know what is going on in his life at the moment. He obviously has problems out side his footballing life and may find these too much to handle.

We have all been there ourselves BUT in having apathy with him its hurting his team and his teamates.

On his game he is a mercurial player of immense talent and yet continually blots his copy book with stupid off the field incidents. Any manager would try and put our his strongest team in all games. He let his team, his manager and us the supporters down for the Sunday game.

This may be his last chance in that green and white jersey, the manager knows how to handle him and he himself must know that the only way to make the headlines next day will be to hit the back of that net tomorrow and remind them all just what he is all about.

So lets see it Stoke and put this crap to bed once and for all!!!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    As has been said before we dont know what is going on in his life at the moment. He obviously has problems out side his footballing life and may find these too much to handle.

We have all been there ourselves BUT in having apathy with him its hurting his team and his teamates.

On his game he is a mercurial player of immense talent and yet continually blots his copy book with stupid off the field incidents. Any manager would try and put our his strongest team in all games. He let his team, his manager and us the supporters down for the Sunday game.

This may be his last chance in that green and white jersey, the manager knows how to handle him and he himself must know that the only way to make the headlines next day will be to hit the back of that net tomorrow and remind them all just what he is all about.

So lets see it Stoke and put this crap to bed once and for all!!!
    Empathy?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Empathy?

If he plays i wouldn’t give him apathy or empathy.

I’ve give a massive Booooooooo and hope he gets raging.

He let his club down. Time to shape up.

Walking round Russell Road to Tynie I bet there are a fair few who wouldnt like the boss at work to see or hear the behaviour. Im no angel either. But its scary how many want rid of Stokesy for being a diddy, but would go radge if they got emptied from thier job.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Time for a glorious comeback by Stokesy!

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Latest update from Lennon. Hardly sounds like he’s going to walk back into the side.

Meanwhile, Lennon, who insisted there had been no movement on a possible loan return to St Johnstone for Danny Swanson, has revealed Anthony Stokes could come back in from the cold for Wednesday night’s trip to Dundee.

The former Celtic striker was left out of the squad for Sunday’s derby – and looked set to be off-loaded this month – after being disciplined for breaking a curfew on a night out during the club’s winter training camp in Portugal.

But the 29-year-old trained with his team-mates on Tuesday and Lennon has urged his fellow Irishman to finally learn from his mistakes after years of wayward behaviour.

Lennon commented: “He’s been in training so he might be in contention to get in the squad.

“I think everyone will be looking for a bit of payback – if he plays. He owes everybody something.

“Eventually, whether I pick him or not, he has to have a good look at himself.

“I’ve been saying this for a long time, the penny either drops or it doesn’t and eventually the game moves on and I have other players to consider as well.

“There has been no more interest in him but that might change over the next 10 days.”

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    be very very surprised if he starts.....not so much on the bench

guess it now depends on Stokes actions wether he continues with us or not

Sounds like hes crossed the line too many times in a short space of time

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Good, we were ****ing hopeless up front without him.
    We might have to play him until we get someone else. He needs to be in the shop window so it may be something we have to put up with for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    We might have to play him until we get someone else. He needs to be in the shop window so it may be something we have to put up with for now.
    That's assuming he'd play well. He could play himself out of a move.

If he's not busting a gut in training and showing a clear indication of giving his all to play for the team then Shaw, Murray, MacLaren and big Dave are ahead of him.

Lennon has already said Shaw will lead the line tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with that. And id also add that its very common for the best players to have challenging behaviour, more so than for ordinary run of the mill players. How many of us at various levels in the game, from ten year old up, have noticed that its the boy who glides effortlessly past defender after defender before smashing it into the top corner, is the first one to be smartmouthed with the coaches or get into fights with his teammates? The 'diva' gene. The ones who have had to work harder to get where they are seem often to be more grateful to be where they are. And the way players movement has gone in the last twenty years, the skill of a modern coach is increasingly more about making the rebellious types feel at home in the club theyre at.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Lennon has already said Shaw will lead the line tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    he must have been talking rubish then

We don't know what happened. We don't know what was said by him. We don't know what Lennon said. We don't know his contract. We don't know if there's a psychological ploy being used here by the club.
    We know jack all tbh.
    IF this IS some kind of 'last chance to repay Lennon for sticking with him' thing then I hope he does. Stokes hasn't been the smartest or most team spirited, from what I've worked out on here in the past, but we all want the best players available to play for the club with the best frame of mind.
    If Lennon's happy with him, and he doesn't strike me as the warm and fuzzy let bygones be bygones type, then that's good enough for me. I also hope that whatever's happened has been fully understood and that the rest of the squad are equally understanding.
    Me? I don't understand what happened and I don't know what happened so I'll trust the boss.