hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mikey Stewart Sportsound

Mikey giving Tom English it tight as he supports everything and anything Hearts and Harry Potter.
    Never really noticed how biased English is until now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member PeeKay's Avatar
    Tom English is particularly obnoxious tonight, but he has had his tongue up Budgie's @rse for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeKay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tom English is particularly obnoxious tonight, but he has had his tongue up Budgie's @rse for a while now.
    That’s an image I didn’t want in my head

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Billy Dodds said English was a Hearts supporter a couple of weeks back.

He’s a rugby man so it makes sense.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?3...English+Hearts

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Billy Dodds said English was a Hearts supporter a couple of weeks back.

He’s a rugby man so it makes sense.
    Oi you!! Some of us who like rugby can also love the Hibs. And hate hearts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Oi you!! Some of us who like rugby can also love the Hibs. And hate hearts
    You must have had yer heid bumped in a scrum.😂

Usually like Tom English, but tonight he came across as a right prat. Defended Potter against all criticism, says his statements were banter and the incident with boiler was a bit off fun. Hearts love in methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    Usually like Tom English, but tonight he came across as a right prat. Defended Potter against all criticism, says his statements were banter and the incident with boiler was a bit off fun. Hearts love in methinks.
    Maybe likes there songs choices

Left by mutual consent!
    English has turned full blown ********. Used to be alright but a ****er now. His boss is a jambo so isn't a surprise. Journo no more.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Stewart was just as bad in the piece about the Scotland job. Constantly talking over English and looking for an argument that wasn’t really there.

Painful listening when 2 or 3 people talk at the same time. They could all learn some basic manners.

Mans an arse.

Heard English on Irish radio just after the rugby world cup draw was made, he was taking the absolute mick out of Scotland, said the whole rugby setup from top to bottom was woeful and that Scotland had absolutely no up and coming talent coming through, he reckoned that Ireland and Japan had absolutely nothing to worry about Scotland being in the same group.

However when you read how much he bigs Scotland up when he covers them for the BBC you realise what type of character he is.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Stewart was just as bad in the piece about the Scotland job. Constantly talking over English and looking for an argument that wasn’t really there.

Painful listening when 2 or 3 people talk at the same time. They could all learn some basic manners.
    Michael Stewart clamped him big time. Commons backs him up too. English is a prick with his "you know nothing" ****.

On the contrary, Michael Stewart seems a decent bloke.

@hibs.net private member
    Sickening hearing English sucking up to that excuse for a man, Levein.
    Well done Michael Stewart for taking the opposite view. It was getting quite heated for a while ... I know who my money would've been on.:-)

@hibs.net private member s2hart's Avatar
    My impression is that Michael Stewart hates Potter and English knows that and has goaded him in the past about it. So a lot of it would be to wind Stewart up, I've yet to listen to the podcast but hey that's my take on it!

That seems to happen a lot on sportsound, whole chunks of shows that are mess of overlapping voices, and no-one actually listening to what the other people are saying. Just shows how amateur the whole thing is

@hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar

I got totally different impression from that. It was English doing the ranting and constantly trying to belittle Stewart - talking to him like he was some naughty servant boy daring to disagree with his Lordship. He came over as a right arrogant pillock tonight and was obviously wanting to rip into Stewart from the start. I fully agree with your point about folk shouting over each other but I've grown to like Stewart's honesty (and pretty decent analysis sometimes) despite not wanting to. English has gone the other way for me - was a fairly interesting journalist who now increasingly behaves like some spoiled D-list celeb who's incapable of coping sensibly or courteously with an opposite viewpoint.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Mans an arse.
    Nothing more needs to be said.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Mans an arse.
    A lot of Jambos hate him and he hates Levein so he can't be all bad.

English has always favoured the Hearts. He commented previously on their fans being more resilient than ours, something along those lines. He shows no interest in questioning anything they do.

Who the ***** is he anyway? I've no idea why anyone would put any stock in his opinion on football matters. A non-entity

Left by mutual consent!
    Out of general interest, why is Tom English the head football and rugby journalist at the BBC ?

Where is the Scottish talent or are we mince at that as well ?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbytam View Post
    That seems to happen a lot on sportsound, whole chunks of shows that are mess of overlapping voices, and no-one actually listening to what the other people are saying. Just shows how amateur the whole thing is
    Agreed. Compare it to its 5Live equivalent.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    That was nust awful radio. Just a platform for English & Stewart's ego's to do battle. Bore off the pair of you. At least Commons had some manners and a pleasant demeanour. Rarely listen to Sportsound now unless there is Hibs interest.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    I really enjoy Sportsound and I’m an avid listener to the podcasts when I’m out driving. This one in particular was great listening. Michael Stewart is a fantastic pundit, and as much as I quite enjoy Tom’s input usually too, Stewart was bang on the money with his points raised.

We love a kick at Scottish football. Sportsound though in my opinion does very well at covering our game In a good light and insightful manner.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    I really enjoy Sportsound and I’m an avid listener to the podcasts when I’m out driving. This one in particular was great listening. Michael Stewart is a fantastic pundit, and as much as I quite enjoy Tom’s input usually too, Stewart was bang on the money with his points raised.

We love a kick at Scottish football. Sportsound though in my opinion does very well at covering our game In a good light and insightful manner.
    For all Stewart and English's noise, I didn't learn any more than I knew at the start of the show. Personally I didn't enjoy it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post

Really????? Try asking them a question about EBT's, LNS commission or SFA 's failure to hold an independent inquiry about Rangers scandal requested by SPFL.

Kenny McIntyre happy to have a procession of EBT recipients on to discuss the 'good old days' though.��

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    For all Stewart and English's noise, I didn't learn any more than I knew at the start of the show. Personally I didn't enjoy it.
    To each their own 👍

Tom English is clearly frustrated that his previous 'crown' has been seized by a far superior pundit in Michael Stewart. I used to quite like Tom English but he doesn't come across well on this at all.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    He's absolutely battered Levein in his column in the paper today too.

Going against the grain here but since his retirement I've quite liked Michael Stewart. Not scared to give the Old Firm both barrels, or speak his opinion on the dinosaurs of the game, for example when he tore Billy Brown a new ********, and he's often fair or even quite complimentary about Hibs. For a Jambo he's one of the decent ones.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller