hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: slivka

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree, I'd like to see more of him.
    This cant be based on his performances to date ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Needs a run of games to judge him properly but his touch and passing yesterday were terrible. Needs to start taking his chances in the first team.

I think he needs to show more before he gets a start or a run of games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I can't see why folk can't see it. Thoughtful player who can offer something different from McGinn but from a similar deep position. If he's fit I'd have him in every week.
    I cant see what you see if he is thoughtful he needs to be more active.

The problem Slivka has is a large number of people on here were hailing him as the second coming after only 2 cameo's and one 90 mins at Ibrox. Some people hyped him too much and so far he has proved he is not worth the hype. He appears to be imho a reasonable squad player who needs to do much more when he gets his chance to break in to the team.

2. Log in to remove the advert

No from me

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post

The problem Slivka has is a large number of people on here were hailing him as the second coming after only 2 cameo's and one 90 mins at Ibrox. Some people hyped him too much and so far he has proved he is not worth the hype. He appears to be imho a reasonable squad player who needs to do much more when he gets his chance to break in to the team.

Not every day we sign a player from Juve.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    That's my view of Slivka also I am afraid

He looks a bit to languid for me to prosper in the SPL

Everything looks to be done at 70% of the speed required
    Think that's it in a nutshell, not equipped for the Scottish game, about 90% certain that he won't be a regular starter and will be away in the summer.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I can't see why folk can't see it. Thoughtful player who can offer something different from McGinn but from a similar deep position. If he's fit I'd have him in every week.
    I totally agree, I really like him

He seems, possibly, the type that we'd write off as ineffective if being kind, pish if being unkind, if he played for another club. And once they'd granted him a season to adapt, he'd be a total standout in season two.

For that potential alone, persevere.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weir07 View Post
    Think that's it in a nutshell, not equipped for the Scottish game, about 90% certain that he won't be a regular starter and will be away in the summer.
    Agree unfortuneatly.

Genuinely have no idea what people are seeing in him. He lacks pace and energy, has created very little in his time here, plays safe yet unispiring passes, caught constantly in the first half yesterday giving posession away. Just looks like he is never going to make an impact.

Apparently he is in the wrong position, not playing a role that suits him?

He has played out wide, played in centre mid and also at the tip of the diamond. So if its not any of these, where is his mythical position that will see him suddenly flourish?

There is a "player in there somewhere of course", must be cause he was at Juventus. Just like Alan O Brien was at Newcastle and Colin Murdoch was at Man United. Players in there somewhere waiting to shine.

Fraser Murray has shown more in his brief time on the pitch.

The game was 100mph, ball was getting bashed from end to end like a tennis rally. Slivka is a good footballer but yesterday it was hard for anybody to make a great impression. Thought he done ok, hopefully gets a run in the team

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    The guy is just bang average end of
    Hardly had the chance to show what he can do has he? 2 starts in 3 months?

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I don’t care how many caps he’s got or where he came from yesterday he just never turned up. The game passed him by most of the time the rest he lost the ball. Overall he was just awful. Not seen enough of him to think he’s good enough for Hibs but on yesterday’s performance the answer is no

I thought the same Slivka was posted missing yesterday.

He played well at Ibrox in a midfield 3 just being box to box. As well as showing up well in some cameo appearances.

But he's started games out wide, not his position. Then yesterday, started at the top of a diamond, not his position.

He's had a couple of chances which he hasn't fully taken but it's hard to judge someone when they've not had a proper run in their actual position.

Imo he was very poor yesterday, think for his first start in months he couldn’t adapt to the tempo and the pitch.

Hopefully he is still in the side on Wednesday and plays the same position as yesterday (in behind the striker) and this time proves what he can do.

Saying all the above, if Boyle released him when he was through this thread could be completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Hardly had the chance to show what he can do has he? 2 starts in 3 months?
    Which shows just how poor an acquisition he's been to date.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Not every day we sign a player from Juve.
    It is almost everyday Juve discard players that don't make it.
    Big clubs now use a scatter gun approach 100's more don't make it than do. You could argue Slivka has made it as he is being paid to play football. More than he did atJuve were I believe he played next to no football.

@hibs.net private member
    It is almost everyday Juve discard players that don't make it.
    Big clubs now use a scatter gun approach 100's more don't make it than do. You could argue Slivka has made it as he is being paid to play football. More than he did atJuve were I believe he played next to no football.

come on now...they may hire a lot of players, but you don't get a three year deal at Juve without talent. he also has 22 International caps at such a young age....he obviously is a decent player.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Until he's had a fair amount of time in his natural position I don't know how anyone can be writing him off. He's had scraps of time here and there and has been played out of position - how is he meant to adapt to the speed and physicality of the game? Having McGinn and McGeouch to compete with for CM places has made it impossible to get enough game time to judge him on.

I reckon he's shown glimpses of being a talented player, I hope he gets a decent chance to show what he can do. If it doesn't work out after that then so be it - but at the moment I don't think anyone can really say for sure he's not gonna make it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Until he's had a fair amount of time in his natural position I don't know how anyone can be writing him off. He's had scraps of time here and there and has been played out of position - how is he meant to adapt to the speed and physicality of the game? Having McGinn and McGeouch to compete with for CM places has made it impossible to get enough game time to judge him on.

I reckon he's shown glimpses of being a talented player, I hope he gets a decent chance to show what he can do. If it doesn't work out after that then so be it - but at the moment I don't think anyone can really say for sure he's not gonna make it.

you won't get far on here with good analysis and logic

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    come on now...they may hire a lot of players, but you don't get a three year deal at Juve without talent. he also has 22 International caps at such a young age....he obviously is a decent player.
    Colin Murdoch got a three year deal at Man U and earned over 30 caps for a better national side than Lithuania. Didn't make him a decent player at the top level in Scotland.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Colin Murdoch got a three year deal at Man U and earned over 30 caps for a better national side than Lithuania. Didn't make him a decent player at the top level of Scotland.

you've hit my weak point there...always thought him as one of the worst CH's we have ever had....interestingly though, players that played with him talk fairly highly of him...

As far as I am aware he never played for Juve and Hibs is the highest level he has played at. I think he is still trying to find his level and that may be a lower level than hibs. Not writing him off but he has it all to prove.

I agree he obviously has talent, and has shown plenty glimpses of it, but as I said earlier in the thread Juventus currently have 51 players out on loan. They have a youth system and 'reserve'squad with a number of players bordering on insanity.

I'm not sure his Juventus past should be used as a positive or negative indicator of his ability. I'd like to see more of him in a Hibs shirt to make a judgement.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I thought he played ok yesterday and his lack of game time recently showed. Unfortunately too many were either ok or even below ok. I would like to see him getting more starts.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Slivka had not started a match for months, he was thrown in yesterday into Scottish cup derby match. He did ok but he will need a run of games to show what he can really do and I don’t think he’ll be dropped for Dundee on Wednesday.

Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I thought he played ok yesterday and his lack of game time recently showed. Unfortunately too many were either ok or even below ok. I would like to see him getting more starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Slivka had not started a match for months, he was thrown in yesterday into Scottish cup derby match. He did ok but he will need a run of games to show what he can really do and I don’t think he’ll be dropped for Dundee on Wednesday.

Based on his performances I don't think he merits a start.
    McGinn McGeoch Bartley Boyle Barclay and Fraser Murray all ahead of him.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I’d persevere with him

@hibs.net private member
    Think you are being harsh. People underestimate how hard it is to make an impact when you don’t get a run of games . He deserves a set of games in his natural position..then he can be properly judged

Think you are being harsh. People underestimate how hard it is to make an impact when you don’t get a run of games . He deserves a set of games in his natural position..then he can be properly judged
    We will have to disagree I think you get a chance and you grab it if you don't someone is always waiting to take your place. Slivka has IMHO never kicked on from the Ibrox game and never shown enough when given an opportunity limited or not. The only positive noted from yesterday that I have read or seen is he made a run into the box and Boyle did not see him. Nothing about creativity breaking up play or rolling his sleeves up winning his battle nothing positive in fact. For someone trying to break in to the team the least I would expect is 100% effort I did not see that.

So for that reason I will disagree and but out.

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    I thought the same Slivka was posted missing yesterday.
    who wasn't

Quote Originally Posted by EastCalderHibby View Post
    who wasn't
    McGeoch, Rocky , Hanlon, McGregor, Barker and Bartley maybe not very good but never posted missing

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    If Boyle had looked up he could have had a goal or two.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction