hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Our next 5 games

Dundee Away, Celtic Away, Motherwell at Home, Rangers Away And Aberdeen at Home.

If we fail to win any of these, which is a possibility as we only won one of the original games against these teams, it would be 2 wins out of our last 15. Need to bounce back from today’s result quickly and make sure that we are still in contention for 3rd at the end of these 5 games.
    Last edited by DavidDavidGray; 21-01-2018 at 08:20 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

3 points if we’re lucky

Jeez that’s tough but it could be a good thing.. top 4 would still be amazing so let’s see what happens

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDavidGray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dundee Away, Celtic Away, Motherwell at Home, Rangers Away And Aberdeen at Home.

If we fail to win any of these, which is a possibility as we never won the original games against these teams, it would be 2 wins out of our last 15. Need to bounce back from today’s result quickly and make sure that we are still in contention for 3rd at the end of these 5 games.
    Dundee and Motherwell should be wins. The other 3 we'll be lucky to get a point from, possibly against Aberdeen IMO.

Looking at that again 4 points would be nice lol 😂

If we fail to win any of these, which is a possibility as we never won the original games against these teams, it would be 2 wins out of our last 15. Need to bounce back from today’s result quickly and make sure that we are still in contention for 3rd at the end of these 5 games.
    We beat Rangers at Ibrox first game of the season, not sure what you mean by 'original.'

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    We beat Rangers at Ibrox first game of the season, not sure what you mean by 'original.'
    Ah yes you’re right. I’ll edit it now as made a mistake there. By original I mean the last game at that ground eg Dundee Away 1-1 Motherwell at Home 2-2

Ah yes you’re right. I’ll edit it now as made a mistake there. By original I mean the last game at that ground eg Dundee Away 1-1 Motherwell at Home 2-2
    No probs mate, it's a fair point you're making too.

IF we don’t win any of the next 5, should questions start being asked of Lennon? I have confidence in him, however if it gets to 2 or 3 wins out of the last 15 then surely the questions must be asked?

IF we don’t win any of the next 5, should questions start being asked of Lennon? I have confidence in him, however if it gets to 2 or 3 wins out of the last 15 then surely the questions must be asked?
    How about we cross that bridge IF we come to it ah??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    How about we cross that bridge IF we come to it ah??

Was simply posing the question. I’m a fan of Lennon and think he’s done really well with us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Dundee and Motherwell are must win,anything else is a bonus.

10 points. **** your negativity

A win in Dundee. Home wins against the sheep and Motherwell then a point from one our trips to the ugly sisters.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Our next 5 games

The OP is getting some stick but he makes a fair point. If we fail to win or take any points over the next 5 games we’re in deep farm animal dung! Will people still be backing Lennon in a little over 2 weeks time if we don’t get any positive results from these games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    3 points if we’re lucky
    A draw against Murderwell Lose the rest

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post

A win in Dundee. Home wins against the sheep and Motherwell then a point from one our trips to the ugly sisters.

GGTTH
    Negativity? Simply stating what is a realistic possibility. I’ve already stated twice on this thread that I’m a Lennon fan, however facts are facts and we’ve won 2 out of our last 10 games which is not good enough and it’s a very challenging run of games coming up. Do I have faith in Lennon to tie it around? Definitely. No need for that negativity comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    The OP is getting some stick but he makes a fair point. If we fail to win or take any points over the next 5 games we’re in deep farm animal dung! Will people still be backing Lennon in a little over 2 weeks time if we don’t get any positive results from these games?

Unless there was a complete meltdown in Portugal by the squad and Management ,there is no chance we wont win one of our next five fixtures and at least draw another ,and that would be a minimum expectation

Top six finish should be the target for first year in the Premier League. Europe a bonus.

Let's not look at the next five in isolation, we'll be better placed to judge at the end of the season.

If, according to the doom mongers on here, we crash and burn, who do we need to get us out of the Championship?

I give you Neil Lennon, who won it for us last year.

My opinion is let the man get on with it without constant sniping. Get behind the man and the club.

Coaching Staff

GGTTH
    There's optimism, realisim and wishful thinking.

Games we just need to get through, and both Motherwell and Dundee are winnable, then we have a pretty decent 6 game run to the split.

I'll go DLWLD so 5 points.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Top six finish should be the target for first year in the Premier League. Europe a bonus.

Let's not look at the next five in isolation, we'll be better placed to judge at the end of the season.

If, according to the doom mongers on here, we crash and burn, who do we need to get us out of the Championship?

I give you Neil Lennon, who won it for us last year.

My opinion is let the man get on with it without constant sniping. Get behind the man and the club.
    Doom mongers? I’ve stated multiple times, twice on this thread alone, that I’m a fan of Lennon and have faith in him. Don’t see how being concerned about 2 wins out of 10 makes me a doom monger though. Been nothing but supportive of Lennon.
    Last edited by DavidDavidGray; 22-01-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Dundee and Motherwell are must-wins. We can write off Celtic, and a point at Rangers would be a good result. The home game v Aberdeen is extremely important as to how our season turns out.

First Team Breakthrough Curly1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Dundee and Motherwell are must-wins. We can write off Celtic, and a point at Rangers would be a good result. The home game v Aberdeen is extremely important as to how our season turns out.
    Celtic should not be a write off by any means, they are absolutely beatable.

I mean ffs hearts hammered them!

Negativity? Simply stating what is a realistic possibility. I’ve already stated twice on this thread that I’m a Lennon fan, however facts are facts and we’ve won 2 out of our last 10 games which is not good enough and it’s a very challenging run of games coming up. Do I have faith in Lennon to tie it around? Definitely. No need for that negativity comment.
    We've taken 4 points in glasgow, taken 4 points from each of Motherwell and Dundee and should have beaten Aberdeen at home.

Our recent form is relatively poor but we've shown before we can go on a run of decent form.

Since losing to Celtic in the league cup we've

Won 6 league games
    Drawn 4 leagues games
    Lost 3 league games
    Lost 1 Scottish cup game

Not really that bad is it?

We've taken 4 points in glasgow, taken 4 points from each of Motherwell and Dundee and should have beaten Aberdeen at home.

Our recent form is relatively poor but we've shown before we can go on a run of decent form.

Since losing to Celtic in the league cup we've

Won 6 league games
    Drawn 4 leagues games
    Lost 3 league games
    Lost 1 Scottish cup game

Not really that bad is it?
    Doesn't fit in with the doom-mongers on here tho mate does it....had we not lost that scrappy late goal yesterday this place would be very different today. It's amazing what 1 bad result does...all of a sudden we r gonna plummet down the division

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Doesn't fit in with the doom-mongers on here tho mate does it....had we not lost that scrappy late goal yesterday this place would be very different today. It's amazing what 1 bad result does...all of a sudden we r gonna plummet down the division

Is it not more the case that yesterdays result has brought a poor run of form stretching back a couple of months and 10 games into sharper focus rather than a knee jerk reaction?

I've certainly seem some hysterical stuff but I've also seen a lot of valid points, positive and negative, over the last 24 hours.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

If we fail to win any of these, which is a possibility as we only won one of the original games against these teams, it would be 2 wins out of our last 15. Need to bounce back from today’s result quickly and make sure that we are still in contention for 3rd at the end of these 5 games.
    Dundee a 3, Celtic 1, Motherwell 3, rangers 3, Aberdeen 1

Totally doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Top six finish should be the target for first year in the Premier League.
    Not when you are sitting in 4th at this stage of the season, with a decent gap to 5th. To merely finish in the top 6 now would be a disappointing season, especially having been knocked out of the Scottish by that lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Is it not more the case that yesterdays result has brought a poor run of form stretching back a couple of months and 10 games into sharper focus rather than a knee jerk reaction?

I've certainly seem some hysterical stuff but I've also seen a lot of valid points, positive and negative, over the last 24 hours.
    There are issues I'm not denying it...I've also posted querying what Lennon was thinking about with that line up yesterday and I am concerned at his signings to date. But people claiming what will happen when we lose next 5 games...can we just not wait and give the manager and team a chance to turn it around first

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Not when you are sitting in 4th at this stage of the season, with a decent gap to 5th. To merely finish in the top 6 now would be a disappointing season, especially having been knocked out of the Scottish by that lot.
    Agree with this. When you see the rest of the quality in the league we really should be finishing 4th, 5th at absolute worst.

I keep seeing the excuse "first time back in the top flight" which would suggest we'll add to the squad to build on it...however I'm not overly confident of adding better players to our team than we have.