hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct, well said.

That area you refer to between the upper and lower section of the stand is the wheelchair platform. It's simply good fortune that the area the bottle landed in wasn't occupied by a wheelchair user and their carer. As I said earlier, I initially sat there when I first arrived at the ground on Sunday and only moved along just before kick off.

The consequences of that hitting someone in the face or neck really don't bear thinking about.
    Yes as you say it is an area for the wheelchair users so no excuse for any object to be thrown there as it was being legitimately occupied by you and, i assume, your carer. Where it landed was right beside the space i saw you at earlier in the game right enough

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Correct, well said.

That area you refer to between the upper and lower section of the stand is the wheelchair platform. It's simply good fortune that the area the bottle landed in wasn't occupied by a wheelchair user and their carer. As I said earlier, I initially sat there when I first arrived at the ground on Sunday and only moved along just before kick off.

The consequences of that hitting someone in the face or neck really don't bear thinking about.

Well if this is where the bottle landed then the twitter picture posted by a well known hibs fan is false it shows a broken bottle between the rows of seats and not the wheelchair area.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Well if this is where the bottle landed then the twitter picture posted by a well known hibs fan is false it shows a broken bottle between the rows of seats and not the wheelchair area.
    The bits I saw were certainly on the wheelchair platform, whether other parts of the bottle were between rows of seats further back, I cannot confirm or deny.

I dont want to start a new thread so I'll stick this in here...
    What was the official attendance on Sunday? I've done a wee search but can't find it. Cheers

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    I dont want to start a new thread so I'll stick this in here...
    What was the official attendance on Sunday? I've done a wee search but can't find it. Cheers

19,xxx or something, I heard Scott Wilson on the PA on my way out...

Not entirely sure why you're fixating on the picture on twitter. There was quite big piece of the bottle lying two rows back when we went out, the skinny copper wearing glasses picked up the neck and cap of the bottle after putting on protective gloves from the area right next to disabled carer seat and the pieces I saw were directly behind this, obvious that a bottle thrown at that speed would break further away than direct vicinity

19,xxx or something, I heard Scott Wilson on the PA on my way out...
    18,500 ish is is what I have seen!

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Gate was 18,709

First Team Regular
    I am not a well known Hibs fan, but can confirm his photos are 100% spot on, trust me this fired into the crowd at a rate off knots just missed the platform where the wheel chairs were and smash off the rail just above where the wheel chairs were on the front row.
    This isn't about a Hibs hearts point scoring exercise, it's about how some clowns reckless behaviour could have injured a small child. It's way beyond football rivalry!!
    Last edited by fishybeaver; 23-01-2018 at 08:36 PM.