Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I knew that, honest
    👍

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    At this stage of the season, when this becomes the thinking, you aren't in a good place.

The general thought going in to the window was that we didn't need massive changes. That's shifted to the general feeling being that we are one or two players short despite already having signed three in the window.

Given the lack of impact from our signings this season, that worries me. We don't want to end up going down a similar path that Hearts did last year and signing players for the sake of it.
    I think we've always needed something this window. I hoped that adding McLaren would have added something different to our front line which he has but we now appear to need another striker!

A goal scoring midfielder is just as essential. Ideally a central midfielder that will chip in with 10+ goals a season. When did we last have one of those in the top flight
    ? It's one thing they ****s over the road have had sorted the last few years whether it was Hartley, rat boy, Nicholson or walker.

We need goals from midfield!!
    Last edited by GreenNWhiteArmy; 21-01-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Completely agree with your ratings. My MOTM would be McGregor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I knew that, honest
    I wasnt either

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    I wasnt either

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Oops, apologies
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Excellent review as always Auld Yin. I thought Efe was a liability today and I have no clue what we were trying to do at throw ins and free kicks. My biggest issue was the Stokes shaped gap between the midfield and Shaw. There was no one connecting the play and if Stokes is out, we need to fill that gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Same as yours (minus the patronising tone about if people saw it in person or on tv).

... Bit precious.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Jonnyboy always tries to give a balanced report from his seat in the stand, not the luxury of a cozy TV seat
    Might be better if you could add some debate to the thread, rather than one liners
    My overall view was we were poor today, although a draw would have been fair result
    We just didn’t get to grips with the game, and our passing was poor
    Best for me were Rocky, Daz and Paul, although he lost Berra for the goal
    Thought Shaw and Boyle worked hard, and Barker when he came on, produced some good runs
    We need to now take this on the chin, disappointed as we are, and get ready for Wednesday
    See you all at Dundee, where we need to get 3 points and kick on in the league

Haha, you wont see half the folk that were there today, in fact you'll be lucky to see 500 up at Dundee on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Haha, you wont see half the folk that were there today, in fact you'll be lucky to see 500 up at Dundee on Wednesday.
    So what?

I'm not sure I can agree about Lennons tactics being good. 2 lightweight strikers, only one of them a natural, against 3 dominating CBs was always going to see us struggle to create and leave us short of an outball when required. I would agree Shaw done pretty well given the circumstances.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I think Slivka is going to be like Lewis Stevenson in that he totally divides opinion on hibsnet! Is he going to be an Ed Van der Graf or Beuzelin type signing? let the debate commence...

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I think Slivka is going to be like Lewis Stevenson in that he totally divides opinion on hibsnet! Is he going to be an Ed Van der Graf or Beuzelin type signing? let the debate commence...
    He started off looking like he was going to be a really good signing and might still be ,but at gradually got less game time and when played he wasn't as effective as those early games
    He found himself in some good positions but didn't get the ball played to him The Boyle shot in the first half when Boyle should of played the pass
    Like Murray he hasn't been getting regular game time and for me the Jury is still out on him
    Play him in his best position for a few games and see if he can recapture his early season form

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    He started off looking like he was going to be a really good signing and might still be ,but at gradually got less game time and when played he wasn't as effective as those early games
    He found himself in some good positions but didn't get the ball played to him The Boyle shot in the first half when Boyle should of played the pass
    Like Murray he hasn't been getting regular game time and for me the Jury is still out on him
    Play him in his best position for a few games and see if he can recapture his early season form

Usually agree with you Ronnie and you are one of the more considered posters on here, but I think Slivka's early season form amounted to one decent game against the Huns, which was made into more than it was by his goal.

I think there is a player in there and would still persevere with him personally but my concern is that he hasn't been able to grasp the intensity or speed of the game here and I worry he may never.

He is a skilful enough guy with good touches sometimes, but watching him always leaves me feeling that he needs to do more and do things quicker

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I’m trying to work out what your point is!
    Shaw had a decent game based on the service to him
    Had Berra on his arse a few times. The kid will do for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Usually agree with you Ronnie and you are one of the more considered posters on here, but I think Slivka's early season form amounted to one decent game against the Huns, which was made into more than it was by his goal.

I think there is a player in there and would still persevere with him personally but my concern is that he hasn't been able to grasp the intensity or speed of the game here and I worry he may never.

He is a skilful enough guy with good touches sometimes, but watching him always leaves me feeling that he needs to do more and do things quicker
    I felt he got caught in possession a few times in the Derby so your point about needing to grasp the intensity and speed of the game i agree with
    Rightly or wrongly Lennon picked him out early doors lauding our recruitment strategy and talking about George Craig so Lennon must like you think there is a player in there .We paid a fee and gave him a three year deal
    On that basis we need to find a way to get the best out of him Still young ,but by now i would of hoped he would of been forcing his way into the first team
    Young Cochrane had no trouble imposing himself on the game as a teenager
    Just a bit frustrated he doesn't appear to be developing after that initial Hype
    But hope he can kick on and repay the investment in him
    Would rather we invested in young Scottish Talent by with Celtic snapping up Lewis Morgan its making it harder for us to compete for these players

Left by mutual consent!
    I didn't think Slivka played that poorly.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    So what?

Its not a "big game" so not much demand for it.... the delayed broadcast on bbc alba will be popular though.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    I thought that Paul and Dazza had great games. Looking at the tv highlights, Berra seemed to get both hands on Paul’s back and so won the ball.

Brandon Barker had the look of being unplayable when he came on and I couldn’t understand why he did not take a shot when he weaved his way down the centre. When he hits the ball, they tend to stay hit and it would have been the goal of the season.

I think the police did a reasonable job in getting us in but it was a shambles once inside. The vomitorium was packed and we were told to go along the front of the stand. This was chaotic as we were in the block nearest the Wheatfield Stand and had to fit out way through crowds coming out of each of the entrances along the stand.

I don’t this there is a harder ground in Scotland to get into than that dump. The closing of McLeod Street makes for a one mile detour to get back round the Shannon area. Shabby place for a shabby team.