hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Levein

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Leven will only ever be remembered as the man who shat it in '86.
    He's loves female trainers too.
    Last edited by Firestarter; 22-01-2018 at 08:28 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Leven will only ever be remembered as the man who shat it in '86.
    I remember him for that, and his spell as Scotland manager, where he diagraced our heritage with the 460

Left by mutual consent!
    Who was it that played a shocking back pass for Dundee Utd 2-1 up against the Huns in the league cup final? lee Wilkie? At the time I was pissed off but I hope it hurts big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Who was it that played a shocking back pass for Dundee Utd 2-1 up against the Huns in the league cup final? lee Wilkie? At the time I was pissed off but I hope it hurts big time.
    Mark Kerr I think it was.

He was only ensuring Levein maintained his 100% record in finals.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Need to be careful saying things like that
    True. Unquote please I'll remove mate. Still wound up over yesterday.
    Last edited by Firestarter; 22-01-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Felt gutted for Eddie Thompson that match and yeah was Mark Kerr.

Classless - definately!! However, unfortunately we didn't help ourselves in the last week and NL looks like (by dropping certain players) he has taken steps to sort it out. Onwards and upwards. GGTTH

A total irrelevance as a player and a total irrelevance as a manager.

He was part of the biggest bottle merchants team of all time in 1986 and as a manager he almost relegated Leicester before he got the sack just in time for them to be saved, Dundee Utd won the Scottish Cup five months after he had left them, then he put out the most embarrassing line up in the history of the Scotland national team and also capped Ian Black.

The man epitomises failure.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Let's not forget where he gave Ian Black his only cap. Petty in the extreme and shows that we , even more than his own club, define everything he does

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Show us your medals Levein...

Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    On Sky when they were reviewing the goal, Levein says "Mcginn was unlucky not to clear it, but I was almost hoping it wisnae in......."

Classless ****
    Hahahahaha so let me get this straight, he wishes his teams legitimate goal actually wasn't over the line JUST so it would wind up hibs?

Jesus wept what a truly sad sad individual.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Just like Hearts latched on to the 1902 thing, we should make it loud and clear that Levein has won NOTHING as a player and NOTHING as a manager. In fact he has LOST everytime he has come close to winning anything, but he never had or has what it takes. He is a LOSER.

Can he frame yesterdays win and put it in his trophy cabinet? It will be the only thing in there unless he counts his 2 runners up medals.
    Don't forget the 'Golden Suppository' award he picked up in '86. (or the suppositoire d' or as its also known)

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    **** levein

First Team Breakthrough
    I don't actually mind his comments because that should only motivate us even more for next derby.

We will see how 'normal order' goes in March.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Just like Hearts latched on to the 1902 thing, we should make it loud and clear that Levein has won NOTHING as a player and NOTHING as a manager. In fact he has LOST everytime he has come close to winning anything, but he never had or has what it takes. He is a LOSER.
    I'm sure someone could come up with a catchy wee number to blast out at him on march the 10th , when were winning.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    I'm sure someone could come up with a catchy wee number to blast out at him on march the 10th , when we're winning.
    Potter was born in 1964 and within three months The Beatles had written and released this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukWRRNqMAZ4

Coincidence? I don't think so.
    Last edited by lapsedhibee; 23-01-2018 at 05:58 AM.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Pretty classless remarks from him, however they will play well on JKB.

He has kept his job after Sunday. If hearts want his brand of football, that's fine.

They will clog their way up the league, but win nothing.

Euro qualifications will be seen as a victory, despite the overspending.

Jambos never change.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Potter was born in 1964 and within three months The Beatles had written and released this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukWRRNqMAZ4

Coincidence? I don't think so.
    Good point. The luciferians may have had some involvement too.

On a related point, not many people know that the day of Leveins greatest shame, 3rd May 1986, was also Eurovision.
    The winner was Sandra Kim of Belgium who sang' J'aime la vie', an émotion Im sure thousands of Hibbys could relate to that night. It's almost poetic.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    my Chelsea-supporting mate texted me after the game and asked if Levein was the love child of Gerry Adams and Rolf Harris...

pretty accurate I think
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by surreyhibbie View Post
    my Chelsea-supporting mate texted me after the game and asked if Levein was the love child of Gerry Adams and Rolf Harris...

pretty accurate I think
    Most unfair to Gerry & the Rolfster.

@hibs.net private member
    He achieved what he wanted, love by the gorgie hordes and has wound up Lennon and the Hibs supp. Hopefully the Hibs players ram his stupid comments down his throat in the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Levein is playing to the crowd with these comments, he knows exactly how it will annoy us and how his own fans will lap it up. I can't believe so many folk have taken exception to it. It's like the same ****** spouted by boxers. If Lennon had said it we would be laughing.
    Lennon didn't come with anything resembling that last time we beat as he just wouldn't, and if he did I for one wouldn't be laughing. Its low level fans "banter".

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post

Pretty sure it was Gary Kenneth .... he had probably been man of the match up until that point IIRC.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quite a good piece from Aidan Smith taking Levein to task over his OTT reaction to the win:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...jibe-1-4668955

Levein is a pretty repugnant individual. He's done his best to airbrush his stint at Scotland's worst ever manager by re-inventing himself as some sort of football guru before venturing back into management. For a guy of his age, his behaviour and comments on Sunday were infantile.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Well then, we should make March 10th a "welcome to hell" moment for him and his arrogant sectarian fans then eh?

Absolutely this.

Mind you, we have a tough set of fixtures between now and then with away games at the Ugly sisters and a resurgent Kilmarnock. We need to up our game and get a decent number of points in order to keep the fans on board and feeling positive.

Folk are right when they say Levin's 'natural order' comment though typical of his lack of class was directly aimed at a strategy of keeping in with the puddle drinkers, like those puddles they will lap up that *****.

But having said that, its the first time I can recall anybody actually employed by their poxy club using that phrase publicly. In view of which its fair for Hibs as a club to take notice of it, as a club Hibs can dismiss fan banter for what it is, but when its made clear that its also the attitude of Hearts as a club towards us that's different.

If we have anything about us as a club at all we should be filled with a massive resolve to ram that arrogance right down his and their throats, starting on the 10th of March. As you say ... we should do all we can on and off the park to make that day a 'welcome to hell' moment for Levin and his bunch of cloggers.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Quite a good piece from Aidan Smith taking Levein to task over his OTT reaction to the win:

Levein is a pretty repugnant individual. He's done his best to airbrush his stint at Scotland's worst ever manager by re-inventing himself as some sort of football guru before venturing back into management. For a guy of his age, his behaviour and comments on Sunday were infantile.
    We got beat by a mediocre yam side. We had a shockingly negative build up to the derby that obviously seriously affected us with Stokes out of the squad for whatever it was he was up to in Portugal and other incidents.

Let them crow about it however I would suggest its far better to ignore their over the top celebrations which in Potter's case has permeated into publicly being the weirdo we all knew he was.

Let's concentrate on what's happening at Easter Road and get behind the team which of course the vast majority of our supporters will. We had a terrific run with nine in a row and with a much better build up we'd now be celebrating ten in a row.

Better to ignore the yams as much as we can for now in my opinion and hopefully the boys will put on a better show against Dundee.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Pretty sure it was Gary Kenneth .... he had probably been man of the match up until that point IIRC.
    Definitely Mark Kerr.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Lennon didn't come with anything resembling that last time we beat as he just wouldn't, and if he did I for one wouldn't be laughing. Its low level fans "banter".
    I can't believe people are getting so upset about this remark by Levein! It's just banter and calculated to keep the pot boiling and bums on seats. We've heard it all before.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post

That article pretty well nails it when it comes to not only Levin but Hearts as a club.

I've said it myself many times .... you don't hear other clubs talk about 'natural order' when it comes to derbies .... if ever a club could do it its Liverpool, but their fans would probably cringe at such a classless statement emanating from their club. You wouldn't hear their stadium announcer welcoming away fans from another country to the home of Liverpool's 'big club' either. And as the reporter says here, even in the hate filled Glasgow rivalry you rarely if ever hear such disrespect between club players or management.

When the teams run out on the 10th our DJ should play 'No Class' by Motorhead, what better tune to welcome them with.