hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lennon.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You’re fishing but I’ll bite.

Probably because he’s rank.
    Yep most likely. Hearts sign two players on loan straight in the team. We sign 3 on loan and every single one of them are on the bench, what happened to quality over quantity

2. Log in to remove the advert

Lenny got his tactics ALL WRONG today, but those implying that he should be for the chop soon are just radges tbh.

We're in really bad form atm, but if anyone is going to dig us out of it, it is gonna be Lenny!

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    Good comments from the boss, not sure about the “we deserved to win” though.
    Absolutely top interview there. He was referring to the league game when he said we should have won 'here'.

Lennon is dedicated manager but it's the players that do the business

Yes we were 2nd to the ball and passing was well off pace,so much for a break in Portugal.
    This was a cup tie and this time around the passion from the team was absent and the rust evident.
    McGinn seemed not his usual self ,when he is off the team is off sadly.
    We need though to see how the new players fit in,but today I would have had a different right back but whether new singing was ready we will never know.
    An important game yes but it is just one game so see if we can get another player or two in before deadline so we can stay in top 3/4
    Danny Swanston is he ever going to get a game or will he just be sent back to Perth, today I think he could have helped especially with AS letting us all down badly.

I believe Lennon makes mistakes but who does not ,today yes his selection was wrong in at least two positions.
    We can forget it and move on quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I remember when we were poor, we got relegated and flirted with relegation for a few years. What we have now is good, when we stop punching our weight, that's when i will start voicing my concern.

What all those moaning seem to forget after a derby defeat, our first in 10 games, is we are building a team, and its the start of that build in its first season in 4 in the top division.

I'm obviously disappointed today, but FFS lets have some level headed thinking here.
    Appreciate that but it doesn't seem like we are building or improving. it feels like we are going into decline.

Lennon has proven himself to be a great man manager and at times good tactician (Not today though)

As for signings though it feels like we aren't getting value for money and the successes we have enjoyed to date are still due to having the majority of the team Stubbs built.
    The building job from here on in as the team changes is suspect.

If I was a board member I would be concerned about the amount of money spent on Big Davey, Whittaker, Swanson, Slicks for so far very little return. Probably the 2 biggest earners by all accounts in Stokes and Ambrose are having a detrimental affect on the squad (allegedly). Now Rherras is signed for cover at full.back and he isn't playing when the full backs are injured. Ambrose at RB was horrible today (& I like Ambrose in the main at CB). The new striker is already what - 4th choice. What was the point in that

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Dons game, this game, 70 mins of Celtic game the big games I think we haven’t really turned up like we know we can.

Btw In no way I’m I saying he should be booted or that. I do think he needs to take a look at his set up.
    I don't think he should be booted either ,but looking at him today he just looked totally fed up. Wouldn't surprise me if it continues as is he decides to jack it.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Can someone explain exactly what Lennon got wrong today? I’m struggling. Thepitch is poor. They scored a fluky goal that spun in at post off someone’s knee with both Rocky and SJM helpless. Boyle scores with one of his efforts we draw or even win if they don’t carry the luck. I thought we were poor second half and still unlucky not to be back at ER a week on wed. Lennon?What he do wrong?
    He played Ambrose at right back instead of going a back 3 or signing an adequate full back.

Set Boyle up on the wrong side

Played Shaw upfront on his own ahead of the more experienced Murray or international McLaren

Put Murray on for Bartley

Never put on McLaren

Signing McLaren and already deeming him not good enough even for 5 mins

Poor signings that haven't taken us further forward

All IMO

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    He played Ambrose at right back instead of going a back 3 or signing an adequate full back.

Played Shaw upfront on his own ahead of the more experienced Murray or international McLaren

Never put on McLaren

All IMO

This.

Appreciate that but it doesn't seem like we are building or improving. it feels like we are going into decline.

Lennon has proven himself to be a great man manager and at times good tactician (Not today though)

As for signings though it feels like we aren't getting value for money and the successes we have enjoyed to date are still due to having the majority of the team Stubbs built.
    The building job from here on in as the team changes is suspect.

If I was a board member I would be concerned about the amount of money spent on Big Davey, Whittaker, Swanson, Slicks for so far very little return. Probably the 2 biggest earners by all accounts in Stokes and Ambrose are having a detrimental affect on the squad (allegedly). Now Rherras is signed for cover at full.back and he isn't playing when the full backs are injured. Ambrose at RB was horrible today (& I like Ambrose in the main at CB). The new striker is already what - 4th choice. What was the point in that
    Kinda agree with that. I have always had questions about Lennon I never liked him before he arrived but his record in the important games and the fact he speaks very well meant he deserved a lot of slack. I thought we struggled last year in a weak league but got over the line with a few big performances in the games that mattered and the cup runs were good so nothing to complain about. Yet I remained unconvinced, now is the time for NL to earn his cash we need a centre forward a right back and a replacement for McGinn and we need to hold on to 4th place let's see what he delivers.

Coaching Staff

Never put on McLaren

All IMO
    I think once the dust has settled and he has a real think about things, he'll know that many of the points you highlight should have been addressed. Totally with you on MacLaren - a debut in a game like this, with all the stuff over the transfer, would have been the most obvious thing to do. Really really can't understand why he never got minutes - but the most baffling was the Bartley substitution (Murray). Body language from Lennon really disappointed me today too - you puff out your chest in away games and you give it laldy - being slumped in his seat most of the second half isn't a good look at all. I'm not for one minute advocating being a tasmanian devil on the sidelines but he had no 'ooomph' about him today - I honestly think this Portugal thing has scunnered him by the looks of things.

Sammy, where's the cash coming from for this recruitment drive you crave?

We lost today.

Must impact on our income for the rest of the season, and reduce scope for the type of surgery you are advocating?

Another sh*t and completely needless thread.

We’ve played really well in most games this season bar about 3 or 4 and we’d have a lot more points on the board if we had a goalscorer, which we signed 2 weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    Yes we were 2nd to the ball and passing was well off pace,so much for a break in Portugal.
    This was a cup tie and this time around the passion from the team was absent and the rust evident.
    McGinn seemed not his usual self ,when he is off the team is off sadly.
    We need though to see how the new players fit in,but today I would have had a different right back but whether new singing was ready we will never know.
    An important game yes but it is just one game so see if we can get another player or two in before deadline so we can stay in top 3/4
    Danny Swanston is he ever going to get a game or will he just be sent back to Perth, today I think he could have helped especially with AS letting us all down badly.

I believe Lennon makes mistakes but who does not ,today yes his selection was wrong in at least two positions.
    We can forget it and move on quickly.
    Sorry it's not as easy as that ...losing a derby esp in the cup hurts and that team put out today was a bit of a shambles. It's not the 1st time Lennon has lost us a big match with his over negative tactics...it's happened in the last 2 cup semi finals too. He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and his signings to date have been pretty poor. We have a rough run of games again...3 of next 5 are the top 3. If we don't pick up points he is gonna quickly find himself under severe pressure from the fans

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Sorry it's not as easy as that ...losing a derby esp in the cup hurts and that team put out today was a bit of a shambles. It's not the 1st time Lennon has lost us a big match with his over negative tactics...it's happened in the last 2 cup semi finals too. He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and his signings to date have been pretty poor. We have a rough run of games again...3 of next 5 are the top 3. If we don't pick up points he is gonna quickly find himself under severe pressure from the fans

With Stubbs still out of a job too................................ only joking and no I don't think Lennon is under pressure, far from it. Could have won today, could have drawn - we didn't - we move on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Sammy, where's the cash coming from for this recruitment drive you crave?

We lost today.

Must impact on our income for the rest of the season, and reduce scope for the type of surgery you are advocating?
    When (and if) Davie McGinn and Stokes go that must free up cash

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    With Stubbs still out of a job too................................ only joking and no I don't think Lennon is under pressure, far from it. Could have won today, could have drawn - we didn't - we move on to the next one
    I didn't mean now but we have a very tough run of games coming up and performances like today won t cut it. 2 wins in 10 is not good form...regardless of how many times we've dominated. He needs to fix this and fast

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

Never put on McLaren

P

All IMO
    Opinions eh?
    I don’t think three at the back would have worked any. betterdefensively. Naismith was always playing alongside Concalves. I f they had played one up top I would agree with three at the back. Playing with two wing backs and width on the narrow pitch. Not for me.
    Boyle over Barker for me in a physical game. They are poor at left back and have been fora while. Boyle on the left made sense to me.
    Damned whioever he played up top. My preference would have been Murray but I thought Shaw did well first half. Mclaren May If May not have been a better option. As I’ve not seen him I’ll leave that up to Lennon. Maybe the pitch influenced it.
    Bartley was injured and there was t much on the bench to replace him. I think Lennons band was forced to be more forward thinking. We looked like creating more but unfortunately couldn’t keep the clean sheet.
    The signings are the signings. We’re a work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Opinions eh?
    I don’t think three at the back would have worked any. betterdefensively. Naismith was always playing alongside Concalves. I f they had played one up top I would agree with three at the back. Playing with two wing backs and width on the narrow pitch. Not for me.
    Boyle over Barker for me in a physical game. They are poor at left back and have been fora while. Boyle on the left made sense to me.
    Damned whioever he played up top. My preference would have been Murray but I thought Shaw did well first half. Mclaren May If May not have been a better option. As I’ve not seen him I’ll leave that up to Lennon. Maybe the pitch influenced it.
    Bartley was injured and there was t much on the bench to replace him. I think Lennons band was forced to be more forward thinking. We looked like creating more but unfortunately couldn’t keep the clean sheet.
    The signings are the signings. We’re a work in progress.
    Opinions indeed and I don't agree
    You have however made me consider a few of the points with a well balanced counter. Maybe there was more logic to decisions than met the eye.

On signings though... both clubs were in a similar position

We both needed a full back and a striker.

We both signed exactly that. Hearts signings making a big impact - ours made zero.

Stokes was our main man upfront. He was missing self inflicted. Murray is our top scorer and the lad we signed a full internationalist.
    I like Shaw. He has a big future. He done well up top with Stokes last time out but to ask him to play the line striker was folly for me.

As for McLaren - I remain utterly baffled. Pity Hearts didn't bench Naismith!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    When (and if) Davie McGinn and Stokes go that must free up cash
    Is Davie the brother of John?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I may be alone but I liked the team when I saw it.
    It seems like a lot of hindsight going on. We got beat in a tight game. A sore one but let's move on.
    I was the opposite. As much as I think Shaw will be great for us I don't think we should be relying on him for goals. As much as I also rate mcgeough and sjm they aren't penetrative enough for my liking in the final 3rd. We lack creativity,only when barker came on did we look threatening

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    I don't think he should be booted either ,but looking at him today he just looked totally fed up. Wouldn't surprise me if it continues as is he decides to jack it.
    Funny you should say that, I thought he looked totally drained in the interview he gave on Friday for STV. He just looked totally shattered and fed up.

I’d hope he wouldn’t jack it and don’t think he will, maybe frustrated at lack of funds in the window for players or fed up with players who he can’t shift out the club.

Coaching Staff
    Funny you should say that, I thought he looked totally drained in the interview he gave on Friday for STV. He just looked totally shattered and fed up.

I’d hope he wouldn’t jack it and don’t think he will, maybe frustrated at lack of funds in the window for players or fed up with players who he can’t shift out the club.
    His reaction to the Levein comments post match was his most animated and stoic - totally agree though, for me TC, writing was on the wall this week after all the negative press and the Naismith 'love in' - club and squad let it get to them I think.

Onwards and upwards though Tell you what though, George and Co. better have a couple of signings lined up because this side will need refreshed for a top 6 push.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Is Davie the brother of John?

Coaching Staff

His reaction to the Levein comments post match was his most animated and stoic - totally agree though, for me TC, writing was on the wall this week after all the negative press and the Naismith 'love in' - club and squad let it get to them I think.

Onwards and upwards though Tell you what though, George and Co. better have a couple of signings lined up because this side will need refreshed for a top 6 push.
    Yep, Hearts got a real boost with Naismith yet we didn’t even play MacLaren or Rherras which I found odd. This is now turned into a huge window for us now for players moving and coming in.

Sitting forth is fantastic, but that won’t last with this squad as it is. Couple good players in Mallan for one would be brilliant and the lift we need.

Left by mutual consent!
    They set up the way we should have today. A back 5, with Efe alongside Darren and Paul, with the new signing and Lewis. His stance on keeping, Shaw, on for the whole match beggars belief. We needed to give him some help against a matured back 3.

The set up was wrong. We could see that in the boozer.

We need to freshen things up for the run in.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    We're not punching above our weight - IMO 4th is the bare minimum with the squad he'd taken over.
    Aye we are forever in the top four right enough.

First Team Breakthrough
    I think once the dust has settled and he has a real think about things, he'll know that many of the points you highlight should have been addressed. Totally with you on MacLaren - a debut in a game like this, with all the stuff over the transfer, would have been the most obvious thing to do. Really really can't understand why he never got minutes - but the most baffling was the Bartley substitution (Murray). Body language from Lennon really disappointed me today too - you puff out your chest in away games and you give it laldy - being slumped in his seat most of the second half isn't a good look at all. I'm not for one minute advocating being a tasmanian devil on the sidelines but he had no 'ooomph' about him today - I honestly think this Portugal thing has scunnered him by the looks of things.
    Got to disagree about McLaren getting a shot today. If there wasn't a time for a new signing to get flung in at the deep end it was today. Especially as Lennon has already stated we shouldn't expect much from him outside the 18 yard box. We barely got in to their penalty area so rendering him useless!!!

The sooner Lennon or Hibs come out and clarify what has went on in Portugal the better IMO but probably easier said than done if we are trying to offload one of players involved

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    They set up the way we should have today. A back 5, with Efe alongside Darren and Paul, with the new signing and Lewis. His stance on keeping, Shaw, on for the whole match beggars belief. We needed to give him some help against a matured back 3.

The set up was wrong. We could see that in the boozer.

We need to freshen things up for the run in.
    This 👍🏼

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo'd View Post
    Got to disagree about McLaren getting a shot today. If there wasn't a time for a new signing to get flung in at the deep end it was today. Especially as Lennon has already stated we shouldn't expect much from him outside the 18 yard box. We barely got in to their penalty area so rendering him useless!!!

The sooner Lennon or Hibs come out and clarify what has went on in Portugal the better IMO but probably easier said than done if we are trying to offload one of players involved
    At 0-0, in a cup tie away, against our rivals, when it's nip and tuck all the way for up to 80 odd minutes - cannot think of a better stage to bring on a striker who we have 'pinched' from our neighbours for 20 minutes to try and win a tie !!! You serious ? I'd be bursting for the opportunity to be a cup hero in those circumstances.