Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lennon.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently I’ve over reacted though

Some people appear happy with 2 wins in 10

I’m not
    Watch yourself mcfly. you will be accused of being a Jambo next for speaking your mind and having a opinion

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    What a lot of ***** he’s under pressure. The man signs a player like stokes that everyone assicisated with Hibs would want how’s he to know how that would turn out. We lost today yes it’s pish but was always going to happen sometime we take it on the chin and move on
    Course he’s under pressure - the signings haven’t been good enough when we rely on a young lad on his own up front.

I’m sorry but I think Lennon has to shoulder the blame

We create loads of chances but don’t score enough
    Midfielders included.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I'll take the defeat, accept they beat us in a tight game but this chat that we were somehow overwhelmed today is just baws. They still look a very limited side to me, one that is rightly behind us in the league.
    If course we weren't overwhelmed. We were doing most of the attacking in the first half. Second half they got the upper hand but Boyle nearly scored at the end. Both sides looked poor to be honest and the game was a terrible advert etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ladystanton View Post
    Watch yourself mcfly. you will be accused of being a Jambo next for speaking your mind and having a opinion
    😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    The game was tight B, wasn't criticising your post match thoughts either mate First half we edged things but they also had two decent chances themselves. We then allowed their left back, who wasn't any great shakes, loads of room and time on that flank - we invited them on to us, yet when play broke up, there was again very very little in the final third.

My main angst is 'why bring in a striker and not play him in a huge game like this where he may thrive' ? Seems utterly bizarre and especially when all the fuss was about Naismith, yet they lost out on one we got (MacLaren) - these games are made for a wee 'Roy of the Rovers' type appearance.

Like you say, hindsight and all that. When all unravelled, we were undone by a set piece. Fine margins - but we have done well to have 9 unbeaten, knocking them out in two cup runs, and here's hoping another wee run starts again in March bud
    its not long to wait. Hopefully we still have some nice transfer business to do before then too

Wonder why Jamie MacLaren never got any game time?

As it stands, we’re 4th in our first season back in the top flight, behind an all but unbeatable Celtic team, an Aberdeen side that have been solidly second best for years and Rangers, who probably have a budget at least 3 or 4 times the size of ours.

Theres’s nothing bad about the season as a whole so far. Would I have hoped to be more in the mix for second, sure, am I going to call for a managers head because we aren’t? No. A decent run in the Scottish Cup would have been good, but an away Derby tie is always going to be a lottery, though it’s an obvious disappointment, again, it’s not a sackable offense.

Though if we end up struggling to make the top 6, then the question of his management becomes a serious one to have.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    washing fantasy linen in public
    That should be a whole separate sub-forum. Neil Lennon spends more time at Celtc supporters functions than he does at East Mains, and that's why we're oot the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Big Dave has never done it in any game never mind a game like this. Boyle has more about him than Barker full stop again never mind a game like this. Personally I’d have played Murray before Shaw but would it really have made that much difference? McLaren is a tough e as I’ve not seen him play. It’s Lennons call. He sees them day in day out. Again I don’t think that would have made much difference. Maybe but we will never know.
    In case you didn’t know Stevenson was overlapping most the game and was in their half plenty.
    I’ll give you Efe isn’t a full back and the new boy might have done better st Right Back but he only signed a day or two ago. Is this the right game for him to get his first game?
    We werepoir the second half but I’m not sure that could be laidat Oennons door..
    I hope Stokes is shown the door as his disruptive influence is going to turn a decent first season in the top light to an average one.
    Big dave has never had a chance, thinking Boyle has more to offer the barker is just mental.

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Biggest overreaction I've read so far. Which is no easy feat.

We are all gutted but as Blackpool pointed out, we were poor 2nd half. It happens.
    Spot on mate.

Absolutely hate losing to that mob but it is one game. Admittedly, NL made a couple of dodgy decisions and has this bad habit of not changing things as early as we would all like but to suggest that people will start staying away from our games is quite frankly ludicrous.

Left by mutual consent!
    I would like to thank the various players involved in putting NL in any sort of position other than picking players and tactics. Well done guys thanks.

Season ticket holder many many years
    Glad to hear. I guess my stance is that I've seen a hell of a lot worse than this.

Each to their own and all that, but after all I've seen and endured in the past, I don't see the need for overreacting at this time.

I'll continue to look at the bigger picture.

No happy with his post match comments tbh...the comment about the linesman is poor and reeks of a bad loser...just find it embarrassing. If have more respect for him of he admitted he ballsed up the team selection which we all.know he did. Why does Boyle get to start after his part in the Algarve 3 as Well?? For me Lennon has too many favourites in that team who appear undroppable. Got it all badly wrong today

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    I wonder if folk are posting positively on this thread because they're bothered about yams looking in. We were rubbish against an anti-fitba team. We've punched below our weight for weeks (and the same last season). Simply not good enough. Next few weeks have to see an improvement.
    Whilst I think being an anti-fitba team is an accusation you could readily level against them most times, I don't think you could this time.

IMO they played tried to play far more football than we did.

WTF is it that makes us think that the only way of retaining the ball there is to try and play stupid passes up the touchline to a player who is standing hard against it with his opponent virtually holding his hand

Today at least IMO we hoofed it far more than they did, they had far more of the play in attacking areas than we did and retained the ball far better.

That was as bad a Hibs performance as I have seen since the days of Butcher, awful and completely lacking in the intensity required to win a derby

Quote Originally Posted by carnoustiehibee View Post
    Big dave has never had a chance, thinking Boyle has more to offer the barker is just mental.
    Boyle has nowhere near the ability Barker's got, 0 assists all season and struggles finishing wise big time. Barker will go on to have a good career.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Happy with his reply on the "natural order" question. Levein is a classless prick. If we continue our run of form we may not have two more games against Hearts.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carnoustiehibee View Post
    It’s not really. In a 50-50 tackle I know which one would be the most committed. He would be intheteam before Barker every time in these games.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    As it stands, we’re 4th in our first season back in the top flight, behind an all but unbeatable Celtic team, an Aberdeen side that have been solidly second best for years and Rangers, who probably have a budget at least 3 or 4 times the size of ours.
    Try 10 times or more

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    As poor as we were second half , we had our best spell in the last 10 mins . Boyle should have had two but it was not to be . One defeat in ten against them . First time since the 60s that they have beat us at the PBS in the Scottish cup . Wtf does that cheap corrugated iron look like on the inside of all their stands .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    That should be a whole separate sub-forum. Neil Lennon spends more time at Celtc supporters functions than he does at East Mains, and that's why we're oot the cup.
    This IS a spoof post right?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Some amount of over reaction on this thread and on here tonight. Calm the **** down.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Glad to hear. I guess my stance is that I've seen a hell of a lot worse than this.

Each to their own and all that, but after all I've seen and endured in the past, I don't see the need for overreacting at this time.

I'll continue to look at the bigger picture.
    You know I agree with you re calderwood/butcher years

Maybe we just expect more nowadays.

Still at least we’ve all seen us win the cup 😃😃

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Why is he always so reluctant to make a change when we're not getting beat? Not being behind in the game isn't an indication all is going well and a sub isn't needed. Slivka should've been off even before half time and the game was screaming out for us to go with another striker.

How he thought punts into Shaw when you look at the size of him in comparison to the two centre halfs he was up against was the answer rather than trying to play the channels with the pace available to us up top is beyond me.
    Amen.

Made worse by the fact we tried this last time out and it was proved not to work. It's like Lennon thought we were playing at the Pitz rather than a marginally smaller park than normal

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy_g88 View Post
    Just wish we wouldn’t sacrifice our width every time we go to Tynecastle. I know the pitch is narrower but it plays into their hands when we pack everyone in the centre of the park. Maybe explains why our record there is so abysmal.
    In a nutshell this is why we lost.

Their left back looked good, but in the 10 mins or so when we actually went with width and a 4-3-3 we got some joy and Boyle was past hI'm.

Boyle is our biggest threat and we decide to change his position and play him against Berra and Souttar. Awful tactics by Lennon

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Amen.

Made worse by the fact we tried this last time out and it was proved not to work. It's like Lennon thought we were playing at the Pitz rather than a marginally smaller park than normal
    When Bartley went off the game was crying out for someone with a bit of pace and energy like Swanson (in the middle of the park). We were too quick to play it out wide on a narrow pitch, rather than drive forward centrally and give their centre halves decisions to make.

It was a really combative game which could have went either way, like many derbies - on this occasion we fell short - however I honestly don't think the Portugal situation helped matters and clearly it would have affected the squad and possible team selection. Stokes et al need to all hang heads in shame for me - they have had a major off field contribution to today for their lack of professionalism. The media pendulum swung in their favour this last week and that can (and did) affect players I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Good comments from the boss, not sure about the “we deserved to win” though.

Hopefully take them back to ER and show them how football is supposed to be played. That “pitch” at Tynie was a disgrace, although it suited Leveins tactics just perfect and they got what they wanted, a scrappy 1 goal win.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Wonder why Jamie MacLaren never got any game time?
    You’re fishing but I’ll bite.

Probably because he’s rank.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    Good comments from the boss, not sure about the “we deserved to win” though.

Hopefully take them back to ER and show them how football is supposed to be played. That “pitch” at Tynie was a disgrace, although it suited Leveins tactics just perfect and they got what they wanted, a scrappy 1 goal win.
    Hearts played football today, we didn't. Thought the pitch looked a lot better today as well.

You know I agree with you re calderwood/butcher years

Maybe we just expect more nowadays.

Still at least we’ve all seen us win the cup 😃😃

I know. Expectations are certainly up which I guess does make results like today a bit harder.

Onwards and upwards ☺