hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lennon.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back 4 picked itself, I like Slivka in there,Bartley McGeogh McGinn are automatics and Boyle has the pace and Shaw is obviously good enough although still learning. Barker will have been disappointed but his pace is a good asset off the bench, and it was.

When you lose a game, it's easy to say he got the tactics wrong. Well in away he did, because we didn't win! But were their any glaring 'Kevin McCann at Centre Half' type tactical disasters? Not to my eyes.
    Not taking Ambrose off was a criminal offence in my opinion.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    They really didn't.
    Exactly, drama queenary at its best, they were slightly better than us, but outplayed, give me ****in strength.

It was a sheite game played by two very poor teams on the day.

They really didn't.
    Opinions eh! Commons and Boyd both said Hearts deserved the win with a much better second half performance than us. Not sure how anyone could say they didn’t outplay that half.

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    To be fair we’ve played poorly for a number of games.

The managers signings haven’t been great. I think people are right to question what’s going on.

They pay good money and will easily drift away again if the football is poor
    Biggest overreaction I've read so far. Which is no easy feat.

We are all gutted but as Blackpool pointed out, we were poor 2nd half. It happens.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    We’ve all been fully behind him since he’s come in, but today he got it all wrong. We looked second to everything today and this whole Stokes crap hasn’t helped and I hope he never plays for us again. Lennon letting certain players off with discipline issues doesn’t help either.

Pressure on to bring in players who can do a job as we could throw away what could have been a good season.

Lennon must now look at himself and the team selection.
    The curse of the Hibs manager... if we capture a wayward “genius” or bit of a player. This will always be a bit of a balancing act and we’ve seen it down the years - Best through to Bamba and Stokes.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    They really didn't.
    Other than the last ten minutes they were by far the better team in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post

We are all gutted but as Blackpool pointed out, we were poor 2nd half. It happens.
    Really 2 wins in 10 is that an over reaction?

Get a grip we’ve been poor for weeks or do
    u not go very often?

In addition what signings have been great?

Please tell me I’m all ears

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Other than the last ten minutes they were by far the better team in the second half.
    So you agree then? I was responding to cat saying we were outplayed for the whole second half. We were also pummelling them just before the goal when their keeper made a great save.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

marciano, ambrose, barker, murray have all been good signings so far, Stokes has scored a few goals so i suppose has done what a striker is paid to do, never going to be great every week lets be honest, the rest have all been either injured to often or just average/poor

First Team Breakthrough My old man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    We played sheite in the 2nd half, it happens. Now we need to get rid of everyone and the managers clueless.
    We’re doomed captain manwering doomed

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Why is he always so reluctant to make a change when we're not getting beat? Not being behind in the game isn't an indication all is going well and a sub isn't needed. Slivka should've been off even before half time and the game was screaming out for us to go with another striker.

How he thought punts into Shaw when you look at the size of him in comparison to the two centre halfs he was up against was the answer rather than trying to play the channels with the pace available to us up top is beyond me.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Why is he always so reluctant to make a change when we're not getting beat? Not being behind in the game isn't an indication all is going well and a sub isn't needed. Slivka should've been off even before half time and the game was screaming out for us to go with another striker.

How he thought punts into Shaw when you look at the size of him in comparison to the two centre halfs he was up against was the answer rather than trying to play the channels with the pace available to us up top is beyond me.
    didnt he bring on barker when it was 0-0?

Coaching Staff
    So you agree then? I was responding to cat saying we were outplayed for the whole second half. We were also pummelling them just before the goal when their keeper made a great save.
    We lost the game from kick off second half bollah when we allowed them two easy corners to galvanise them and get the crowd behind them (I think around 46 minutes). Really don't get our 'kick off' thing too - McGinn launching a hopeful ball up the end of the pitch with no one to really battle for it - just retain possession easily and don't give it up cheaply. Thereafter, McGinn, Bartley and McGeouch gave away needless free kicks which again galvanises them - as for Efe, I'm sorry, Levein got his tactics spot in second half and basically told his left back to press higher, have belief and get at him - he was all over the shop defending second half.

Two really poor sides today, however Hearts completely edged it with desire and work rate second half. No complaints losing to them today, nowt to do with luck or bad luck - quite simply it was work rate and being solid and winning battles and doing the absolute basics like clearing lines and not waltzing around the ball wanting three touches. We may mock their 'hoof' style - know what, would have eased a lot of pressure if we had adopted such an approach second half because our midfield lost us that game.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    didnt he bring on barker when it was 0-0?
    I maybe should've worded that better. An early second half change or a change at half time would've been nice. Everyone in the stadium could see Slivka was like a man down the whole time he was on the park but he still got an extra 15 minutes after the break, heart of a mouse
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I thought we were very lucky not to have conceded before we did. They outplayed us the whole second half. Not sure either why he didn’t throw MacLaren on either.

I’d hope he looks at himself but if you look at our form last ten games it’s pretty brutal. So he must improve and improve soon. We have played poor In to many games this season as well, but to lose to Hearts by putting in one of the worst performances in years isn’t good enough.
    League table doesn't lie. We're in a decent place. What were you're expectations when we got promoted?

The bit in bold is just nonsense. We were poor for the first 30 minutes of the second half and, if truth be told, lost a goal when we were having a decent spell.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    We lost the game from kick off second half bollah when we allowed them two easy corners to galvanise them and get the crowd behind them (I think around 46 minutes). Really don't get our 'kick off' thing too - McGinn launching a hopeful ball up the end of the pitch with no one to really battle for it - just retain possession easily and don't give it up cheaply. Thereafter, McGinn, Bartley and McGeouch gave away needless free kicks which again galvanises them - as for Efe, I'm sorry, Levein got his tactics spot in second half and basically told his left back to press higher, have belief and get at him - he was all over the shop defending second half.

Two really poor sides today, however Hearts completely edged it with desire and work rate second half. No complaints losing to them today, nowt to do with luck or bad luck - quite simply it was work rate and being solid and winning battles and doing the absolute basics like clearing lines and not waltzing around the ball wanting three touches. We may mock their 'hoof' style - know what, would have eased a lot of pressure if we had adopted such an approach second half because our midfield lost us that game.
    I don't disagree with much of that, but you're describing what happened when the players rolled up the sleeves and got ready for their individual battles... And came up short.

There's nothing in your post thats evidence of Lennon making a massive baws up tactically or in terms of personnel. Slivka didn't set the heather alight today but he's been good in training by all accounts and lots of posts on here asking for him to get more of a role... Again, hindsight wonderful after the event.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    League table doesn't lie. We're in a decent place. What were you're expectations when we got promoted?

The bit in bold is just nonsense. We were poor for the first 30 minutes of the second half and, if truth be told, lost a goal when we were having a decent spell.
    I’m delighted we are fourth, in fact we should prob be doing better if we had a striker. You don’t think that was one of the worst Hibs performances in a few years in a derby? When have we played as bad as that? Must be Fenlon or Butcher days?

We must bring in more players though this window, some of this team aren’t good enough.

Just wish we wouldn’t sacrifice our width every time we go to Tynecastle. I know the pitch is narrower but it plays into their hands when we pack everyone in the centre of the park. Maybe explains why our record there is so abysmal.

First Team Breakthrough

Well said mcfly. I totally agree with you, most of Lennon's signings have been crap,

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Agree we were outplayed? No not really. They were better but hardly outplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by ladystanton View Post
    Well said mcfly. I totally agree with you, most of Lennon's signings have been crap,
    Apparently I’ve over reacted though

Some people appear happy with 2 wins in 10

I’m not

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    McGinn doesn't need a big move, he must be cleaning up at the bookies with his opposition first throw in bets. I said on the match thread that Levein had realised our diamond was making us easy to attack wide and that wasn't helped as Ambrose looked like he played blindfolded most of the game. Lewis was blowing out his arse down the other side as he was playing the whole length of the park on his own most of the game.

As for Lennon I think "fine" would describe his Hibs career so far. I think he has lived on the back of the superb team spirit and very good team he inherited from Stubbs. I don't think we have improved that much, if at all, player for player despite huge revenue from a Cup win and 17K gates and we look like we will be considerably worse after the window that we were before. I'm not sure we would spend money wisely even if we did bring someone in.

The team selection didn't work today and I thought our subs, as is often the case, made us poorer. No idea why he didn't try and tighten things up when Marv went off as Hearts were the stronger side at that point and it would have made sense to try and keep someone in the holding midfield spot and get them back to ER. That was very evident when they broke from our corner to win the corner they scored from. We are in fourth and if we stay their then Lennon will have done his job. Top six is fine too but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we finish outside the top six. We are on a very poor run, rarely keep a clean sheet and don't score many. We only have the league left and after 22 games I still have no idea what Lennon thinks our best team or formation is.

Agree he’s under pressure now.

That was not good enough - the winter trip has backfired on us.

It should not happen again
    What a lot of ***** he’s under pressure. The man signs a player like stokes that everyone assicisated with Hibs would want how’s he to know how that would turn out. We lost today yes it’s pish but was always going to happen sometime we take it on the chin and move on

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Apparently I’ve over reacted though

Some people appear happy with 2 wins in 10

I’m not
    I’m happy that we are 4th. I’ll start to panic if we slide down the league.

Really 2 wins in 10 is that an over reaction?

Get a grip we’ve been poor for weeks or do
    u not go very often?
    Yes I do thanks for asking. ST holder for years.

Can I ask how long you've watched Hibs?

Coaching Staff
    I don't disagree with much of that, but you're describing what happened when the players rolled up the sleeves and got ready for their individual battles... And came up short.

There's nothing in your post thats evidence of Lennon making a massive baws up tactically or in terms of personnel. Slivka didn't set the heather alight today but he's been good in training by all accounts and lots of posts on here asking for him to get more of a role... Again, hindsight wonderful after the event.
    The game was tight B, wasn't criticising your post match thoughts either mate First half we edged things but they also had two decent chances themselves. We then allowed their left back, who wasn't any great shakes, loads of room and time on that flank - we invited them on to us, yet when play broke up, there was again very very little in the final third.

My main angst is 'why bring in a striker and not play him in a huge game like this where he may thrive' ? Seems utterly bizarre and especially when all the fuss was about Naismith, yet they lost out on one we got (MacLaren) - these games are made for a wee 'Roy of the Rovers' type appearance.

Like you say, hindsight and all that. When all unravelled, we were undone by a set piece. Fine margins - but we have done well to have 9 unbeaten, knocking them out in two cup runs, and here's hoping another wee run starts again in March bud

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Agree we were outplayed? No not really. They were better but hardly outplayed.
    I'll take the defeat, accept they beat us in a tight game but this chat that we were somehow overwhelmed today is just baws. They still look a very limited side to me, one that is rightly behind us in the league.

Yes I do thanks for asking. ST holder for years.

Can I ask how long you've watched Hibs?
    Season ticket holder many many years

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    The voice of reason.
    Brexit
    Trump President
    Blackpool Hibs the voice of reason

I've woke up in a parallel universe.