hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Lennon.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't care if we played 100 games more than Falkirk, to finish behind them over the course of a season is unacceptable.
    What about if it was 150 games and we won three cups?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    those who criticize lennon for his Celtic connections and at the possibility he would jump at opportunity to manage celtic again yet hail stubbs who after two seasons jumped ships to join bloody Rotherham
    Ah yes but........

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Stubbs had us finish behind Falkirk in the Championship, completely unacceptable for us to be in that position and cup or no cup I'd have had him out on his arse for that.
    You'd have had him sacked after becoming the first Hibs manager in 114 years to win the Scottish Cup because we finished behind Falkirk in the table in the same sesaon? Yep, that would have been the correct course of action.

I love Lennon, and I like the way that he fights his and our corner.

But I'm a wee bit unsure how I feel about him having been drawn into this nonsense with Levein.

Levein made a few gloating remarks, a wee bit classless, but understandable given their recent terrible derby record and the relief he must have felt at getting the win.

I don't know if it does Lennon or us any favours for him to be drawn into so much aggro, and especially for him to be as candid about it as he is in the press.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

But I'm a wee bit unsure how I feel about him having been drawn into this nonsense with Levein.

Levein made a few gloating remarks, a wee bit classless, but understandable given their recent terrible derby record and the relief he must have felt at getting the win.

I don't know if it does Lennon or us any favours for him to be drawn into so much aggro, and especially for him to be as candid about it as he is in the press.
    I appreciate where you're coming from and don't disagree with any of it, but given for years we thought we were a soft touch on and off the pitch (especially compared to them), I'm happy to see where this takes us!

That's Lennon and nothing's going to change that. As a Hibs fan, there have been loads of times over the years when I just wished to gawd Hibs would stick up for themselves when the club was insulted or taken for a soft touch. Today, we've a squad full of strong characters and winners who are not afraid of their own shadow, and a manager who will not be intimidated. That's so refreshing. Over time, that will result in more success on the field and pride in the club, which is what we all want.

Left by mutual consent!
    If anything it shows that Levein completely shat it after making comments such as them. Well done Lennon here in getting him told.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Glad to have the man who made a career out of kicking people (and winning nineteen trophies) as our manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    That's Lennon and nothing's going to change that. As a Hibs fan, there have been loads of times over the years when I just wished to gawd Hibs would stick up for themselves when the club was insulted or taken for a soft touch. Today, we've a squad full of strong characters and winners who are not afraid of their own shadow, and a manager who will not be intimidated. That's so refreshing. Over time, that will result in more success on the field and pride in the club, which is what we all want.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    The gloves are off....

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    The gloves are off....

Cheers I was looking for that

The gloves are off....

Neil Francis Lennon.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    We always moan about Hibs being a soft touch on and off the pitch. We can't get upset when Lennon sticks it to the biggest tadger to roam the earth since Mercer.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    We always moan about Hibs being a soft touch on and off the pitch. We can't get upset when Lennon sticks it to the biggest tadger to roam the earth since Mercer.
    Agreed. Neil Lennon will stand up for Hibs and Im pleased about that

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    those who criticize lennon for his Celtic connections and at the possibility he would jump at opportunity to manage celtic again yet hail stubbs who after two seasons jumped ships to join bloody Rotherham
    Sorry but to me they’re two different things. At no time did Stubbs constantly go on about another club. In fact NL will talk all day long at every opportunity he gets of a certain club. AS made a mistake moving to Rotherham of that there is no doubt, but did he do it to better his career, to be nearer his family or any number of other examples I could come up with?

NL should at least respect Hibs by saying to the media, sorry but here to discuss all things Hibs not the lesser greens. I won’t lie it annoys me to ****, that he constantly talks about them at every opportunity.

As for him joining the lesser greens, don’t think that will happen anytime soon, if at all.

GGTTH

If it motivates him the same way Rangers abuse does then so much the better.

The gloves are off....

Why were the gloves on in the first place? (Only kidding).

Like this from Lennon.

Lenny wouldn't have lasted long as a fish. He rises to the bait too quick.

Given the Yams nickname for Neil,I'd love to see him take a bag of popcorn to his next interview , say "This one's for you guys"and have a laugh at them trying to take the p##s out of him. Bit of humour & class to boot -which Levein doesn't have,as Mikey Stewart alluded to yesterday in the press.
    Their usual arrogance didn't take long to resurface,did it? If one defeat in 10 to them is the "Natural order" I'll live with that!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Conducts himself with dignity and class. Takes no 5hit from anyone and clearly likes the club and the fans.

I absolutely love that he hasn't tried to help Levein finesse away his graceless comments. Both the 'natural order' and 'almost wishing it wasn't over the line' comments are signs of a very small minded guy with a severe inferiority complex.

No soft touches at Easter Road anymore. He's already a great Hibs manager for me and if he gets a run of three or more years in the job I think we'll end up wondering how on earth we got this lucky.

Loved this bit lennon said in the EN

He said: “A laugh? I didn’t find it funny. In my time in Scottish football, I’ve seen a lot of people with a misguided sense of superiority in the game – without actually earning it or achieving anything.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...sses-1-4670061

In response to the original post I'd say we knew what we were getting with A Stokes. We were probably relieved we got him because of his football pedigree but with reservations due to his baggage and not being an out and out CF. That describes my position at the time and that hasn't changed. His baggage is causing problems within the team now and so it's time to consider alternatives, in my view. With regards to NL, I can't say I am excited by the brand of football I've seen at ER and it has become a bit predictably boring, in my view. On the other hand you can't argue with our position in the league and so I am willing to continue going to matches not to be particularly well entertained but to see how things unfold for the rest of the season. I wish he could improve whatever it is he does at half time that causes them to come out and play less than they did in the first half, I'd like him to sort that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Loved this bit lennon said in the EN

He said: “A laugh? I didn’t find it funny. In my time in Scottish football, I’ve seen a lot of people with a misguided sense of superiority in the game – without actually earning it or achieving anything.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...sses-1-4670061

HaHa! that's telt the Rolf Harris look-a-likey gimp.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Conducts himself with dignity and class. Takes no 5hit from anyone and clearly likes the club and the fans.

I absolutely love that he hasn't tried to help Levein finesse away his graceless comments. Both the 'natural order' and 'almost wishing it wasn't over the line' comments are signs of a very small minded guy with a severe inferiority complex.

No soft touches at Easter Road anymore. He's already a great Hibs manager for me and if he gets a run of three or more years in the job I think we'll end up wondering how on earth we got this lucky.
    Agree with every word.

It’s only once once he’s gone that we will really appreciate what we had in Neil Lennon.

I hope he’s here for years.