hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lack of a centre forward u mean.

Today clearly showed to me that relying on a young lad is unfair. He’s not quite ready.

Barker on from start for me. Much more quality than Boyle.

We have a solid team but our strikers aren’t good enough
    Said it since Boyle came.to us he is not a striker, he is wide player and needs.to get his head roundabout it and also concentrate on playing football and contributing all he can on working for the team ...work on his crossing and finishing.
    A striker needed as Shaw will get burst same as JC did bybeing forced through too early.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Slivka
    Whittaker
    Big Dave
    Swanson
    Stokes

Good window likes

Ok we’ve not had a great return from any of these guys, but I doubt any of them would have come cheap.

My perception is that Hibs are spending money - we’ve just had a bad return on it.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    Said it since Boyle came.to us he is not a striker, he is wide player and needs.to get his head roundabout it and also concentrate on playing football and contributing all he can on working for the team ...work on his crossing and finishing.
    A striker needed as Shaw will get burst same as JC did bybeing forced through too early.
    Boyle needs to play with his head up have to say though, he caught his shot perfectly and it was a very very good save to stop us going one up.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Wer're struggling to score goals, so sign a guy who couldnt even get a game today and have our main goal scorer not even on the bench. Only Hibs. Farcical.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Boyle needs to play with his head up have to say though, he caught his shot perfectly and it was a very very good save to stop us going one up.
    To have hit it perfectly he would have struck it low, well away from the keeper.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    The best balls played into the box were by Shaw.The best positions taken in the box without getting the ball were by Shaw.The most head flicks on from clearances to midfielders who refused to make the runs past him were by Shaw.He wasn’t the problem today.
    I agree totally with that. There was a complete lack of desire from the midfielders and Boyle to make the run in case Shaw won a flick. He did well in the air against their giants but no-one was there to profit. Playing long balls to a number 9 and not running off him isn't the best of plans. Our strengths this year has been our wingers. I get that Tiny is a small, poor pitch but Hearts looked dangerous out wide. I got it when he played Holt up top and went to war but we didn't seem to have any plan today and for that matter in the last game too. Close games and we should have won the last one but that is more to do with Hearts being mince than any grand plan and great play.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    To have hit it perfectly he would have struck it low, well away from the keeper.
    Think you're being a wee bit harsh Ray ? He caught it well and it was under the cross bar - fair play to their keeper for making a good stop ?

The chance he should have buried was first half and if he had used his left foot. Great ball in by Shaw too (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    All three refuse to drive forward with the ball. We have zero creativity in the final third and we are too cheap to go and get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe it's time to give fraser Murray a run out? From what little I've seen of him he at least likes to get forward ahead of the strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by rotherhamrob View Post
    Maybe it's time to give fraser Murray a run out? From what little I've seen of him he at least likes to get forward ahead of the strikers.
    Need to try something. Playing with 3 defensive mods is painful to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rotherhamrob View Post
    I said this the other week. No idea where he's disappeared to but he should be getting a look in.

Really liked the look of Fraser Murray but hes not had a look in. Any of our regulars at development games know if hes off tbe boil or somnat?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Where's Georgios Samaras these days when you need him

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I said this the other week. No idea where he's disappeared to but he should be getting a look in.
    You'll find him in the Pie Queue at half time in the Upper West whenever he has not made the bench from the squad. He will be a player, very classy.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I can see McGinn, Stokes, and Big Dave leaving this week. Stokes definitely 100%, no way back for me, he has to be ejected from the club.
    Why? Do you know what has happened with Stokes? If so please tell. If you don't then why do you say 100% no way back for him?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    Why? Do you know what has happened with Stokes? If so please tell. If you don't then why do you say 100% no way back for him?
    He’s obviously done something worthy of being punted out of a vital derby match by the manager. Reports of him being continually late for training are not good. Let’s also remember he missed Hamilton away due to another disciplinary issue. Fair to say I don’t think there’s any way back from this now for Stokes, if there was Lennon would’ve said so when he had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He’s obviously done something worthy of being punted out of a vital derby match by the manager. Reports of him being continually late for training are not good. Let’s also remember he missed Hamilton away due to another disciplinary issue. Fair to say I don’t think there’s any way back from this now for Stokes, if there was Lennon would’ve said so when he had the chance.
    That sounds mostly like rumour and innuendo rather than fact. It might be true but we don't really know. As for today, all we know is he wasn't in the squad and Lennon said his head was not in the right place. That could mean a number of things, not just "being punted". Stokes is our most talented player. Yes, he's flawed but if he wasn't there's no way we could have afforded him. I also guess he's not the nicest guy to have around. But I'd be very reluctant to give up with him - unless there are some facts (rather than rumour/speculation) which justify binning him.

Coaching Staff
    That sounds mostly like rumour and innuendo rather than fact. It might be true but we don't really know. As for today, all we know is he wasn't in the squad and Lennon said his head was not in the right place. That could mean a number of things, not just "being punted". Stokes is our most talented player. Yes, he's flawed but if he wasn't there's no way we could have afforded him. I also guess he's not the nicest guy to have around. But I'd be very reluctant to give up with him - unless there are some facts (rather than rumour/speculation) which justify binning him.
    Even though ITK posters are saying he's causing resentment and regular disharmony in the camp ?

He's gone Hero to zero in less than 6 months

Even though ITK posters are saying he's causing resentment and regular disharmony in the camp ?

He's gone Hero to zero in less than 6 months
    But if that's true it's bad news so I don't understand why you'd be so happy about it? I've no idea whether "ITK" posters really are ITK or are just repeating gossip.

Coaching Staff
    But if that's true it's bad news so I don't understand why you'd be so happy about it? I've no idea whether "ITK" posters really are ITK or are just repeating gossip.
    I'm 'happy' because we are getting an utter rocket out our club who has caused nothing but problems - happy to have players who turn up on time, want to play for the jersey, and don't take the utter **** as he has done. Even a manager who has cut him the most slack in his career has washed his hands - that should in itself tell you something.

Today wasn't all about Anthony Stokes - but tell you what, he shoulders a lot of the blame, as many other players do for their antics. Maybe it's a good wee watershed moment and the club, which did rid itself of this, continues to draw the line at adults acting like wee silly laddies on a school trip

The best balls played into the box were by Shaw.The best positions taken in the box without getting the ball were by Shaw.The most head flicks on from clearances to midfielders who refused to make the runs past him were by Shaw.He wasn’t the problem today.
    I just can't understand why some people can't see it. He's got the look of a young Steven Fletcher to me. He just needs some players going past him.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I just can't understand why some people can't see it. He's got the look of a young Steven Fletcher to me. He just needs some players going past him.
    Or a Grant Holt type who has genuinely been there and done it and drinks coffee and doesn't set off fire alarms with his mates

I think OS will be a great player but he needs experience up top and a settled formation to flourish. Played in a two, ideal - asking a youth player to play up top on his own, never going to work.

For me, Hibs play best in a 3-5-2 with an experienced guy up top. Whether that be a Farid or Holt type - we need to invest in a player who has experienced everything and can pass this on. Keep saying it over the years but getting Kenny Miller in would have been a master stoke - but that ship sailed.

Shaw will come good there's no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    Wer're struggling to score goals, so sign a guy who couldnt even get a game today and have our main goal scorer not even on the bench. Only Hibs. Farcical.
    Certainly really strange - Hearts sign a couple on loan and both play their part, we sign three and all of them end up spectators, I’m afraid I just don’t get that - if you’ve signed them to play, put them on, if they are not fit, they shouldn’t be sitting on the bench - heres a thought for Mathie/Craig etc, how about identifying a centre forward who can actually start when we bring them in, is that really so hard ? Our opponents didn’t seem to think so yesterday !!

Left by mutual consent!
    I posted before Sunday he reminds me more of a young Keith Keith Keith. If he turns out to be more like Fletch then that's excellent also.

Whatever comparisons we make of this extremely talented young forward the future is bright with prospects like Ollie coming through and grasping the opportunity to shine with working hard to make the first team which undoubtedly he is.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    Fraser Murray worth a wee run? I think so.

Better option than the Stokes we've had to endure for weeks now. At least Murray will push forward out of a midfield position and join or go ahead of the other striker. Stokes thought he was a midfielder most of the time or maybe it was because he couldn't be bothered

I thought Shaw linked up really well with stokes for the short time they played together.

Or a Grant Holt type who has genuinely been there and done it and drinks coffee and doesn't set off fire alarms with his mates

I think OS will be a great player but he needs experience up top and a settled formation to flourish. Played in a two, ideal - asking a youth player to play up top on his own, never going to work.

For me, Hibs play best in a 3-5-2 with an experienced guy up top. Whether that be a Farid or Holt type - we need to invest in a player who has experienced everything and can pass this on. Keep saying it over the years but getting Kenny Miller in would have been a master stoke - but that ship sailed.

Shaw will come good there's no doubt about it.
    If you don’t mind me saying so you’re totally missing the point about Shaw.It didn’t work yesterday because of the people around him.He constantly got the ball in the air,he laid on an open goal and he made good runs and didn’t get the ball.If it had been a more experienced player it wouldn’t have made any difference.The players,particularly the midfielders,around him were mince.Never mind McGinn and McGeouch not getting into the penalty area they seldom get the ball there either.

If you don’t mind me saying so you’re totally missing the point about Shaw.It didn’t work yesterday because of the people around him.He constantly got the ball in the air,he laid on an open goal and he made good runs and didn’t get the ball.If it had been a more experienced player it wouldn’t have made any difference.The players,particularly the midfielders,around him were mince.Never mind McGinn and McGeouch not getting into the penalty area they seldom get the ball there either.

Let's face it the team was all to hell
    Goalie
    3 centre backs
    Stevenson
    4 central.midfielders
    1 winger on the wrong side
    1 striker, inexperienced youth up top on his own

That was 2 offensive players.

It was never going to work

Stokes would have played.
    Murray played last time Stokes missed gave them problems - our top scorer who scored our goal
    McLaren new signing
    Big Dave
    Barker
    Swanson

We were so negative and got what we deserved

Shaw should never have started on his own up top, weight of the team on his shoulders. However - I like Shaw, bright future..He needs nurtured and protected though not thrown to the slaughter

You also miss the point.Shaw did perfectly well in the game.There was no support from midfield,he constantly head flicked the ball on,he laid on a sitter and never received a pass when he was making a run or in position.In other words he played the role perfectly well and was let down by those around him.An experienced player would have done no better given the failings .

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    We're playing our forwards too deep going forward. We've got two wide players that can walz past defenders but won't take the ball to the line and cross it, because of that our strikers are being drawn to the corners instead of getting themselves into goal scoring positions. Just cross the ****ing ball.
    This, plus I'd be saying to Shaw/MacLaren/Murray, Barker and Boyle that as soon as you can see McGinn is shaping up to send a long ball to Boyle (or Barker) I want the other 3 to sprint into the box ASAP to anticipate a cross. Barker or Boyle must get a cross in, none of this turning back and playing a short pass backwards. If there's no Hibs player anywhere near the box then just take the man on or cut inside and shoot. I don't mind too much if a player hits a bad shot or it gets blocked, better that than no shot at all.

I get frustrated when we get a quick ball to Boyle, whose first touch receiving long balls has been brilliant lately, and we end up allowing the opposition defence to get back and organised and we are then passing it around trying to create an opening. We usually end up getting tackled or when we do get a shot away it gets blocked easily. If we can get a shot away earlier it has a much better chance of at least being deflected past the keeper or rebounding and the loose ball falling to one of our players arriving in the box.

We seem to place too much importance on keeping possession, which would be fine if we were 2 goals ahead but how often in the league this season have we been that? 4 - Partick, Rangers, Kilmarnock and Motherwell. Not often enough.