hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please sign Adam Rooney.
    I see this a lot. Why on earth would he come to us or Aberdeen consider selling him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The best balls played into the box were by Shaw.The best positions taken in the box without getting the ball were by Shaw.The most head flicks on from clearances to midfielders who refused to make the runs past him were by Shaw.He wasn’t the problem today.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Still half the season to go mate.
    He's right. it's too late.
    Hearts got Naismith in. played him. That's what they are like. question over fitness but they roll the dice because of the magnitude of the game.

McLaren sits on the bench. 0-0 poised next goal the winner. Then we need to chase a goal. Is he not fit enough for 5 minutes. Or not good enough. Pointless

Coaching Staff
    Well played Hearts, upped their game second half and pressed higher and Naismith and Goncalves dropped deeper to allow them to keep and retain possession and win important set pieces in decent areas.

Basics let down Hibs today. Formation - diamond up against a midfield 4 - never going to work. Simple passing and clearing - awful all game and players wanted an extra touch that you simply don't get in a frenetic derby (McGinn and Bartley in particular). Playing a centre half at right back or the right of a 3 - nope, didn't work and Hibs time and time again allowed Hearts simple territory and possession high up the pitch by exposing Ambrose for what he is - a centre half playing out of position. Thought Ambrose and Bartley were woeful today.

Boyle - off the pace, didn't play with either his head up or indeed take the full backs on. Seemed intent on getting shots off (worldies) rather than play with his head up and with game intelligence. Shaw - game passed the lad by (as it did Cochrane to be honest).

Slow and laboured second half and looked very like after 70 minutes we were playing for the replay. Why bring a centre forward in, who'll be crying for a debut in a game like this, and keep him cold on the bench.

So many issues with Lennon's approach, set up, mindset and negativity before the game today - his interviews this week have been completely uninspiring and makes me think that there was a lot more to Portugal than meets the eye.

Only pass marks for me today were big Ofir, Darren and Hanlon. Rest played as if they were hungover. Berra and Souttar won't have a quieter derby as well - need some real physicality up top to make them know they were in a game.

Disjointed in many ways today, set up very perplexing, players not up to speed second half and lacked real belief. Hearts deserved it, without question. Got to acknowledge that at the end of the day. Desire, heart and work rate beats talent in derbies every day of the week

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    The club must have money - crowds are up hugely.

However they can drift away just as easily if we see more performances like that.

A striker that scores goals must be found this month
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The fact we are already on to taking random no marks on trial worries me. We need some proper quality up front, no a hopeful punt in the same mould as big Dave.
    This really is worrying,

First Team Breakthrough RedHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    The club must have money - crowds are up hugely.

However they can drift away just as easily if we see more performances like that.

A striker that scores goals must be found this month
    What worries me is crowds have increased dramatically so income must be the same. Where is all the income going? Certainly not on quality. What really annoys me is that all the players coming in are not ready to play, lack fitness and then end up out injured.
    Last edited by RedHibby; 21-01-2018 at 03:59 PM.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    The lack of pace in our full backs is our biggest problem. Leaves us exposed for most of the daft goals we have conceded and means we never can double up on opposing full backs - wingers have to try and do it all themselves and if they need support it is the attacking midfielders or forwards who have to go to them.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    Unfortunately I believe there be a huge drop in season tickets as the football has been poor and the Management look to be unable to change things (I mean the whole clubs management including the board)
    You got Google translate on Cornish?
    We've had a very very good couple of years & it's pretty sad to think you believe folk will suddenly walk away in large numbers when the going gets a wee bit tough.
    I prefer to believe that fans will hang on in there while Hibs get the current situation sorted.
    GG

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Hearts got Naismith in. played him. That's what they are like. question over fitness but they roll the dice because of the magnitude of the game.

McLaren sits on the bench. 0-0 poised next goal the winner. Then we need to chase a goal. Is he not fit enough for 5 minutes. Or not good enough. Pointless
    Exactly where I am - quite bizarre you go to the lengths we did to get him, it's a signing that has some edge to it given their interest, and he doesn't feature.

Lots and lots for Neil Lennon to ponder and reflect on after this one for me. Didn't like the reactions from Daz to Efe either (with Darren absolutely in the right). You win your battles, clear your lines first - you don't nonchalantly run over to attempt to close down a cross. Darren was fizzing with him most of the game and rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    You have to create something for strikers to start with. MIdfield were dire today
    Spot on.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Exactly where I am - quite bizarre you go to the lengths we did to get him, it's a signing that has some edge to it given their interest, and he doesn't feature.

Lots and lots for Neil Lennon to ponder and reflect on after this one for me. Didn't like the reactions from Daz to Efe either (with Darren absolutely in the right). You win your battles, clear your lines first - you don't nonchalantly run over to attempt to close down a cross. Darren was fizzing with him most of the game and rightly so.
    Yeah I noticed that. Daz was basically screaming in his face at one point trying to get through to him. Still, Lennon will not hear a bad word said against his Efe.

Also, it is not the first time that lennon has picked a team most would not have played. He gets a right back and does not play him, a striker and the same. Plays boyle on the wrong side and I do not know how many more out of position. WTF is he playing at?

Been said for a while - even when Cummings was here.

We need to score more goals.

We don’t score enough from midfield and don’t assist enough.

Shaw up front was like a 1-0 for Hearts when they saw that line up. Berra v Shaw ! I like Shaw but it’s a lot to ask.

Service wasn’t great but we need goals and also an outball - Holt hasn’t been replaced.

Positive their is still time in the window to try sort as Stokes leaves us.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Said it time and time again. Shaw is too young. Sorry. But if he is our main goal threat we are struggling.

Absolutely spot on and why is Lennon persisting with putting the laddie in the starting line up. He signed an apparently very good prospect who is hungry to get in the Australian WC squad but left him on the bench! I get it that he may not want to throw him on at the start but FFS there was nothing up front so surely no harm in giving him 20 minutes IF he seriously was trying to win the game!

His is starting line up shouted out draw and how he could watch Efe being ripped a new one the whole second half is beyond me.

Lennon confuses again.

Coaching Staff
    Yeah I noticed that. Daz was basically screaming in his face at one point trying to get through to him. Still, Lennon will not hear a bad word said against his Efe.
    Thing is, like most derbies, set pieces are crucial and afford you a wee sniff of a goal - which they took.

McGinn this season has been one of the worst set piece takers in the side, yet we persist with him on them all. It's something that you simply must practice regularly and we don't seem to do so. I didn't think they were particularly great at them either, despite having really decent areas to take them from. But we lost a marker and conceded. Usually wee Lewy is on that post too - need to see the highlights to see why and where he was at the corner. Bartley had an absolute shocker today and should have been hooked before the injury stoppage - midfield at that point needed dynamism and energy to drive forward, he seemed intent on wanting extra touches, labouring on the ball, and playing square.

All ifs, buts and maybes now though, onwards and upwards. Derby in March to make amends and look forward to

Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    You got Google translate on Cornish?
    We've had a very very good couple of years & it's pretty sad to think you believe folk will suddenly walk away in large numbers when the going gets a wee bit tough.
    I prefer to believe that fans will hang on in there while Hibs get the current situation sorted.
    GG

Why ,are you feeling a little Pastie ?

Oh and six decades of watching Hibs, I think I have a feel for what will happen to our crowds rather than wishful thinking.

We were shocking, especially in the second half and deserved nowt from the game. Played right into their hands with little or no threat in the final 3rd second half.

They were hungrier and had their tactics spot on. Creativity and goals is a must.

My phone hasn’t stopped and they are celebrating like they won the cup....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough GillyHibee's Avatar
    Seen something a while back about Hibs looking at Kris Doolan from Partick. Looking at his record, was about 14 goals a season....

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby soldier View Post
    We need to spend on a goalscorer now..
    The strikers only got about 2 chances.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    The fact we are already on to taking random no marks on trial worries me. We need some proper quality up front, no a hopeful punt in the same mould as big Dave.
    Big Dave wasn't a hopeful punt, Lennon had him watched for months which worries me more about the whole recruitment side of things at the club.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    The strikers only got about 2 chances.
    We don't use strikers, we play 7 in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    Mcginn and Dylan have been found out for weeks imo final 3rd product has been brutal for a while now and we really need to change something up
    Yup agree with this both hugely overrated on here and offer far too little end product going forward. Individually they are excellent players but them 2 plus Bartley offers almost zero creativity and it's a huge problem for us.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Yup agree with this both hugely overrated on here and offer far too little end product going forward. Individually they are excellent players but them 2 plus Bartley offers almost zero creativity and it's a huge problem for us.

All three refuse to drive forward with the ball. We have zero creativity in the final third and we are too cheap to go and get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    All three refuse to drive forward with the ball. We have zero creativity in the final third and we are too cheap to go and get it.

McGinn used to drive forward but now he pings these diagonal long balls all the time. We have no creativity from the middle of park and maybe we do need one of them pair to move on to rectify that

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    It's been another dire window from Lennon so far and cost us badly today. Starting to really worry about his signings...mostly very poor so far

Lennon has little to do with sourcing players- that's George Craig and co.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    I don't believe he has no say in our signings?? He said he watched Big Dave for months before signing him?? And George Craig didn't identify Ambrose as a signing? Not all Lennon I agree but he sanctions the signings

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Lennon will have the final say though.

From visits to East Mains I thought Mathie and co identify the players based on what is required but the management make the decision to sign them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post

Agree. Hearts would have found the money to get Bale or Harry Kane in on loan if it meant they would not lose for a third year in a row in the cup to Hibs!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Lennon will have the final say though.

From visits to East Mains I thought Mathie and co identify the players based on what is required but the management make the decision to sign them or not.
    Whatever the situation is, it’s not working. We are relying heavily on players signed by Stubbs and only Marciano and Ambrose could be considered a success since Lennon arrived.
    Both Hearts new signings had good games today and they were rewarded. Ours were warming the bench.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Much as I would like it to be different, I think those hoping for any let alone multiple signings are living in cloud cuckoo land

The only way that can happen is if we sell the not so super recently JM.

I read loads of posts saying Stokes will be away, even as long time a defender of him as me is sick of the circus that surrounds him and would like him gone.

One thing though he does have is previous for is being quite happy to take the cash whilst not playing, so I am not sure how easy disposing of him will be.

Every further miss-step on his career ladder makes him less and less saleable and our only hope is either a foreign club who have only ever seen his highlights reel and know nothing of him as a person or an English League 1 club in last chance saloon rolling the dice.

IMO we need to get very lucky with Shaw stepping up very quickly to the plate or Maclaren being a goal machine.

Right now I would settle for a top 6 place and major squad overhaul in the summer as something tells me there wont be much cash forthcoming

Yet another example of the power that the difference in fan raised contributions between FOH & HSL can make?

They have Naismith, who was very good today and we hang our hopes on a young laddie from the development team, whom I hope we don't ruin in doing so