hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Paul Hartley - stuck up his own arse.

Met Cathro too before the Hearts job and just odd.

2. Log in to remove the advert

George o'boyle.a few pars players came to Leslie few years ago for a race nite.he was coked oot his nut.a total bell end.

Promising Youngster
    Bobby Moore - the former England captain in the 70's.
    Went down to see Leeds Utd v West Ham in the 70's. bumped into him before the game. So rude when he heard my accent - he really hated scots!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Walter Kidd.
    I got introduced to Walter in Mitchell’s pub in Gilmerton and he was nothing but polite and friendly.

Am I the only one who hasn’t found any players they have met to be unlikeable chaps.....and I’ve met a few.

Emlyn Hughes total w****r

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: magseven7
    Seen him mentioned a couple of times - DOUGIE IMRIE

Imrie is an absolute tube. Met him at a house party just after the Scotland-Italy game when we got beat 2-1 with that dodgy free kick.
    Ended up at this party afterwards and it was when Imrie was playing for Clyde. It was a bit of a weird set up as the party was a uni friend of my pals. So it was about 10 of us who knew each other and Imrie and his pal who knew the girl hosting the party. They kept themselves to themselves for most of the night which was strange in itself. Hadn’t heard of him at the time and I asked if he got a game for them, giggled away to his mate asked me if I was stupid and told me that he was their star player.
    Absolute odd ball of a guy. Awkward and avoided eye contact when you spoke to him, with some kind of fake confidence that he was trying to pull off whilst giggling away to his one and only pal in the house.
    The pair of them buggered off when we were all going to a club, much to
    The relief of everyone there.

To be honest with you - I have bumped into and chatted to a good number of footballers over the years and the majority of them have been absolutely brand new.

Paul Cairney is another strange wee guy. Me and my pal were out in glasgow the night before the 2-2 derby cup game at Tynecastle in 2016.
    Got chatting to Cairney at the bar and tell him that I’m a hibs fan. Couldn’t get rid of him after that. He tagged along with me and my pal the rest of the night. He told me he was away to the game the next day and that he had a spare ticket if I wanted it. Phoned him the next morning to see if it was going and he made up some weird excuse about him losing his ID so the ticket was gone. Odd guy.

Alex McLeish and Mixu bigheaded twats
    Andy Watson very nice guy as was Stuart Lovell and Nick Colgan

Gary Mackay. He was taking his sons school team and I was taking my son's team. He blanked me before the game and at the final whistle instead of the usual handshake and pleasantries he blanked me again and took his team away into some kind of huddle for an after match talk. They had hammered us and there hasn't been the slightest bit of bad feeling during the game which made it even stranger.

Totally ignorant arrogant character which in a way was good as he lived up to expectations. Don't know how I'd have coped if he'd turned out to be a good guy.
    Last edited by Brizo; 21-01-2018 at 05:56 AM.

Andy Gorman tops the lot for me...

A friends dad past away and was a big Jambo. He stated in Hospice and when he past the family organised a charity event which took place in a lodge down Leith (Constitution Street I think)

Quite a few ex players were there and Gorman was one.

They was an auction and all stood and spoke however when it was Gorams turn he stood up totally pissed and acted like a total prick! Was very lucky not to get lynched that night as he was very disrespect to the family and was only interested in getting his free drink because he was Goram!

Total bell end

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    George o'boyle.a few pars players came to Leslie few years ago for a race nite.he was coked oot his nut.a total bell end.

Wasn't it him and another (Kevin Thomas?) who were caught doing drugs as saint johnstone players in the late 90s?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    Gary Mackay. He was taking his sons school team and I was taking my son's team. He blanked me before the game and at the final whistle instead of the usual handshake and pleasantries he blanked me again and took his team away into some kind of huddle for an after match talk. They had hammered us and there hasn't been the slightest bit of bad feeling during the game which made it even stranger.

Totally ignorant arrogant character which in a way was good as he lived up to expectations. Don't know how I'd have coped if he'd turned out to be a good guy.
    Very similar experience with this cretin. He used to take a hand with the Gauntlet Sunday side. My lot drew them in the Scottish at Paties Rd. Keen contest marred by the ***** he spouted from the touchline as he was obviously unnerved by our class.
    Like you I was delighted to discover he was indeed, a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Met mixu at playhouse at a rock concert and he was brilliant. Let me get a photo.

Nothing too outrageous for me, just the odd one not really seeming up for talking, which all strangers are entitled to!

Antoine-Curier probably goes under the above when met a group of hibs players at that time.

Once seen Ian black in a pub, coked out his head and could barely speak... not sure if that counts as rude. Or as meeting him for that matter, as I had no intentions of speaking to him.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalehibbie View Post
    Just shows you, he was a speaker at an event I attended some years ago. These guys are well paid and tend to piss off shortly afterwards.

Hughes stayed for hours afterwards, spoke to everyone that wanted to talk, signed autographs and bought a few drinks. He was a very funny story teller as well.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Andy Gorman tops the lot for me...

A friends dad past away and was a big Jambo. He stated in Hospice and when he past the family organised a charity event which took place in a lodge down Leith (Constitution Street I think)

Quite a few ex players were there and Gorman was one.

They was an auction and all stood and spoke however when it was Gorams turn he stood up totally pissed and acted like a total prick! Was very lucky not to get lynched that night as he was very disrespect to the family and was only interested in getting his free drink because he was Goram!

Total bell end
    Proof that there is two Andy Gorams. Even has two names 😉

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IainA View Post
    Bobby Moore - the former England captain in the 70's.
    Went down to see Leeds Utd v West Ham in the 70's. bumped into him before the game. So rude when he heard my accent - he really hated scots!
    Handbags at 20 paces?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    My mate did a fair bit of decorating work in Mixu's flat at Holyrood and says that Mixu was always brand new.

The same mate's elderly auntie was a neighbour of Alex McLeish and couldn't speak highly enough of him. He even once stopped to give her a lift when she was carrying shopping in the rain a couple of hundred yards from her house.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    My mate did a fair bit of decorating work in Mixu's flat at Holyrood and says that Mixu was always brand new.

The same mate's elderly auntie was a neighbour of Alex McLeish and couldn't speak highly enough of him. He even once stopped to give her a lift when she was carrying shopping in the rain a couple of hundred yards from her house.
    Did he promise her a lift every day after before moving the next day?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Did he promise her a lift every day after before moving the next day?
    Ha ha. She worked in hotel management all her life so celebrity didn't impress her at all. If she said somebody was sound you could take her word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    My Dad and I were in a pub in Aberdeen and he approached Fraser Fyvie to shake his hand and said something along the lines of 'cheers for winning us the cup'. Fyvie just stared and didn't say anything.

I don't like approaching footballers as I feel it would get irritating - but he came across as a total dick. Others that have encountered him have said similar.
    I was lucky enough to be at the sponsors 'do' on the day after the cup final and was at FF's table. He didn't really say very much to any of us there so I asked him if winning the Scottish Cup was his biggest achievement in football and he replied that winning the FA Cup with Wigan was better...even though, IIRC, he didn't even get on the pitch. Very bizarre reply I thought given he was at a Hibs event, the day after we'd won the Holy Grail, in a room full of overjoyed Hibs fans? Mind you, after seeing him on the Time For Heroes DVD, I think (hope) the parade and the whole experience on the Sunday afterwards changed his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalehibbie View Post
    Tam Cowan tells a story about him in which he is painted as a great guy the content of which I can't remember

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    James McFadden

Fraser fyvie

Mate of mine is the manager of a bar in town and he says that Stokes has been in a few times and isn't a particularly friendly character. Said he is quite arrogant and the "excuse me, do you not know who i am?" type.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Mate of mine is the manager of a bar in town and he says that Stokes has been in a few times and isn't a particularly friendly character. Said he is quite arrogant and the "excuse me, do you not know who i am?" type.
    Should put Elvis on the jukebox!

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Should put Elvis on the jukebox!
    That's how the Edinburgh band 'Broken Records' got their name, I hear

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Tam Cowan tells a story about him in which he is painted as a great guy the content of which I can't remember
    Met him when I was working in a hotel in Blackpool,very arrogant, maybe I just caught him on an off night or maybe he didn't like the Scottish accent.