hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    My Dad and I were in a pub in Aberdeen and he approached Fraser Fyvie to shake his hand and said something along the lines of 'cheers for winning us the cup'. Fyvie just stared and didn't say anything.

I don't like approaching footballers as I feel it would get irritating - but he came across as a total dick. Others that have encountered him have said similar.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Peter Schmeichel.... asked for his autograph on a flight to Barbados, yes I understand he has a right to relax etc, but I was a kid and he was my favourite player (I played in goal at the time).

When we arrived at our hotel and discovered he and his family were also staying there too, my mum insisted on asking for me and he was more than happy to sign an autograph for her!!

Not a current player but ex Sheep Willie Miller. Ignorant twat whilst on the Edinburgh to Aberdeen train a few years back after a game.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Craig Levein, Neil McCann and Mitch Megginson were all total belters.

Bumped into Fraser Fyvie when he was at Aberdeen and he was a bit of a prick too, but he seems to have matured.

Didn't meet him myself but someone I know was in the same restaurant as David Goodwillie before he moved to Blackburn. He says he was a total prick to the waiters and waitresses and I think he even said he pulled off something of a "Don't you know who I am" style line.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

David Fernandez ex of Celtic and Livingston.

Big headed ersehole of a man.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Who was the other boy at Livi similar to Fernandez, best pals with Pack Luna, class chap.

Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    My Dad and I were in a pub in Aberdeen and he approached Fraser Fyvie to shake his hand and said something along the lines of 'cheers for winning us the cup'. Fyvie just stared and didn't say anything.

I don't like approaching footballers as I feel it would get irritating - but he came across as a total dick. Others that have encountered him have said similar.
    Why would he do that? Maybe pissed off with Hibs, left on bad terms?

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar

Was that the Spanish boy with the perm?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    He does have a bit of a reputation up in Aberdeen.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Who was the other boy at Livi similar to Fernandez, best pals with Pack Luna, class chap.
    Oscar Rubio was there around that time - he was a good lad.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I once bumped into Steven Tweed in Glasgow. I was on my way to Ayr races, he just said hello and was perfectly pleasant, but I didn’t back one winner all day. As far as I’m concerned it was his fault.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Scott Nisbet with Kano a close second.
    I grew up with Scott when young lads and he was at Rangers at a young age, I liked him but can understand why folk wouldn't, the way he spoke to folk wasn't nice but that's how he was with everyone, seen him get knocked out last year for his attitude towards some dude in the pub.

Oscar Rubio? He was a good lad as waa Marvin Andrews.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Hibs related - Garry O’Connor used to come into my old work and he was a complete bell end (Riordan on the other hand was pretty sound).

Non-Hibs - Derek Lyle of QotS. A wannabe hun gangster.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Oscar Rubio was there around that time - he was a good lad.
    Wasn't him. Was a midfielder who was class too, I'll search him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Oscar Rubio? He was a good lad as waa Marvin Andrews.
    Sure his name was David Xuasia or something. Really can't remember but best pals with Paco who loved the Hibs and especially Mcleish.

Not a footballer but a rugby player for me, cammy Glasgow, who at the time had not long been capped for Scotland. I was on the receiving end of him cheating during a charity touch rugby game, which really shattered my teenage thoughts about top level sportsmen. He compounded it by lying to the ref when I called him on it. Dick.

My brother had a run in with Phil stamp when he was at Hearts.

Flip side, Ive met John Robertson who was a very amiable chap, my old man says Shades was a class act on the many occasions he met him.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Sure his name was David Xuasia or something. Really can't remember but best pals with Paco who loved the Hibs and especially Mcleish.
    Hernandez

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Diouff Rangers, arrogant and rude prick when the team used to stay at the Caley.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 20-01-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This one depends on how you look at it. We were at Glasgow airport and the Fenerbahce team were there. People where getting photos and autographs and the usual stuff, I even got photos with Nani and RVP. There was a wee guy there probably about 14 or 15 and he buzzing about everywhere and you could see he was having a great time meating all these players and getting photos taken with them, that was until he went up to RVP who promptly told him to f uck off and didn't do the photo. Bear in mind he'd let others have a photo, including me and then let another couple of folks get one. The wee guy was devastated and nearly in tears and you could see he was gutted. Now when your reading this your probably thinking RVP was a right barsteward but if I tell you his reason for no photo you might think different. The reason (I think and from what I could tell) was because the wee guy had a hearts top on. Now I admit I found it funny at the time but upon reflection I think he was pretty much out of order and I'd have been raging if it had been my son.
    My partner’s friend (a 60 y.o. teacher who doesn’t follow fitba, was at the airport lounge standing beside the Dutch international team: one of them went out his way to sign autographs and pose for selfies etc. He even spent a while speaken with her - she said he was handsome, intellectual and very friendly. It turned out to be Robin V. Persie.

Cummings, meant to be at our sponsors table after cup final, never came near our table, Insall on the other hand was different class 👍

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Clive Clark. Played for West Brom in the 1960s and I met him at Butlins in the late 1970s when he was there to coach the 9-13 year olds for the week ahead of a 5s tournament on the last day of the holiday. Spent the week encouraging the bigger boys (14-18) to give us a kicking as "it'll build character" and then on the night before the tournament he told us to go out for a smoke, get pissed and get laid because it always worked for him!
    ​#PERSEVERED

Kenny Dalglish. The only member of a fine liverpool team in 1978 to refuse a wee scots lad an autograph and was rude with it. By contrast Souness and Hansen were great.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    It was while he was still with us which made it even more bizarre.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DelcyRodriguez View Post
    Norman Whiteside at Edinburgh airport.
    Seen him a wee bit relaxed at Belfast international airport years ago. Really good player but fitted right into the culture that seemed to be around the man u team at that time. Or maybe just a bit nervous about flying?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Met Craig Levein at Hampden when he was Scotland manager, wasn't suprised that he wasn't particularly civil.
    To be fair he was maybe in a rush to get to the cludgie?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Can't contribute as my experience with football players totals three:

1. Yogi turning up unexpectedly during a stadium tour and showing us round the dressing room. (friendly)

2. The Dundee Utd chairman catching Yogi doing a walk round the Tannadice pitch and getting a photo of me with him. He was quieter that day but not especially rude.

3. The most recent one (and possibly my favourite) was after the 1-0 Scottish Cup game v Hearts two seasons ago. I was in the West and passed McGeouch and Harris as I was exiting the stand via the executive seats.

"All right," I said to them, rather awkwardly.

"All right," they replied back, rather awkwardly.

It was glorious.

Was at a wedding reception in Markinch (yes I know) decades ago when the hotel was invaded by Dunc the punk ferguson and Co. The main gatecrasher was him and one other very loud guy who was emptied by the groom but the cops had to sort the rest out. Memorable night out but big numpty fish in a tiny pond.

Sir Matt Busby

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Billy Dodds was a grumpy barsteward when i met him.

To be fair it was at hamilton racecourse and i was about 7 or 8 and was told to flick his ear from behind and say alright lugs.....i was a only following my old mans orders 😂

Wasn't him. Was a midfielder who was class too, I'll search him.
    Quino?