hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Jackie McNamara (Senior and original). Bumped into him a couple of times when he was a player and he was always willing to have a friendly chat. Also, as a friend of a friend of a friend went out his way to get me a ticket to the 2007 League Cup Final. Total gent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Parsons Green?

Cream of the crop raised at that school. Apart from Christoph Berra obviously.
    Agree. How old is Berra though?

@hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    Micky Weir. Really nice and makes time to chat to you. He was friends with the manager (Gibby-R.Iwil.P) of my local in Luton and used to let him stay at his flat in Edinburgh whenever he wanted to come up here, even thoungh Micky was in Luton. Anyway, I became really ill down there and ended up in hospital fir 3 months. Micky got the Hibs team to sign a card and match ball and sent it to Gibby to give me. Still feel that was a huge boost for me and helped me on my road to recovery. l will always be grateful to Micky for that.

Jimmy Wardhaugh. Worked at Express for a while.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    Pat Nevin

Coming out of Hampden's main stand after lifting the SC we were in very high spirits with Pat on the other side of a wire fence near the BBC van and he was all smiles and took our shouting out to him in very good form.

Top man and a good Hibby to boot.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Here we go ten in a row
    Good shout. We were right next to him at a friendly against Berwick and he was great. Made my two fellow travellers day as they are both Chelsea fans from decades ago who also follow Hibs.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geohibby View Post
    I was in Florence and went to Fiorentina's training complex about 22 years ago and met Gabriel Batistuta, lovely guy and signed my then birds tits, and also the swedish guy who played for them, cant remember his name but was a midfielder, beat that lol
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Parsons Green?

Cream of the crop raised at that school. Apart from Christoph Berra obviously.
    Portobello secondary

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Nearly forgot about big George Stewart. Brilliant guy.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I've posted this before. One Saturday night à crowd of us were in the West End Hotel (when Donald Park & George Mackie owned it). Andy Watson, who worked at Ibrox with McLeish at the time, was in having a drink with his wife.

This was pre-smartphones but one of my mates had a camera with him. He asked "any chance of a photo Andy?". "Aye, nae bother" came the reply.

My mate promptly handed the camera to Watson and went and posed with his wife. They both burst out laughing and he took the photo anyway.

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    Ulrik Larsson was a gent. Had the pleasure of doing a bit of work in his house. But for me hands down it's got to be Liam Miller, He's quiet but a model professional and family man. wish him nothing but the best with his illness battle.

Aside from Geebsie (who was in the year below me at school and lived in the same street), I've only met three, and they all seemed decent blokes.

Mikey Stewart, John Greig and Willie Wilson.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Aside from Geebsie (who was in the year below me at school and lived in the same street), I've only met three, and they all seemed decent blokes.

Mikey Stewart, John Greig and Willie Wilson.
    Geebsie used to come into Crombies on Broughton Street fairly often when his girlfriend worked behind the bar. He was pretty quiet but always very pleasant and would have a quick chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Geebsie used to come into Crombies on Broughton Street fairly often when his girlfriend worked behind the bar. He was pretty quiet but always very pleasant and would have a quick chat.

He was always quiet, even as a kid.

His whole family were nice and his Mum used to give us nice treats when we went guisin (altho his Dad insisted we either sing or tell a joke to earn them ;-) )

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Worked in financial services in the 80s in Edinburgh, albeit at a very lowly level. Bumped into or talked on phone to 1 or 2 well known football faces, names etc.

Nicest by far was the late Sandy Jardine while he played for...them!!! Lovely, polite guy and a true gent. As for Mrs Jardine....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    He was always quiet, even as a kid.

His whole family were nice and his Mum used to give us nice treats when we went guisin (altho his Dad insisted we either sing or tell a joke to earn them ;-) )

David Hay. Absolute gent.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Grant Brebner was always really nice even though I'm sure I annoyed him weekly

Ian Murray was at our table in hospitality last year, he was brilliant, talked to everyone about his new job etc but the best thing about that day was his Dad and my Grandad hit it off completely, having conversations about OAP bus passes and where they'd been on theirs, it was thrilling as I'm sure you can imagine

I met John Greig a few years ago and he was an absolute gent. He chatted to myself and my old man for about 20 mins .
    I also met Ricky Lambert on holiday last year and he is one of the most down to earth genuine guys I've ever met.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Willie Miller (of Hibs) came along to a Hibs-List event at the Persevere in the early 1990s and seemed a great guy.

@hibs.net private member
    Can't believe John Doolan hasn't had a mention yet! Lovely guy.

Franck Sauzée. After he had been sacked by Hibs. A total gentleman. Beautiful manners.

When I was a teenager seeking the autographs of Hibs players, Pat Stanton, always so polite.

One time, after we played Aberdeen midweek, a guy called I think Henning Boll?, Danish Aberdeen player, who sat outside ER and was so cool and chatted to the kids who were there. He IIRC smoked a pipe. He was so chilled and relaxed. I was a teenager and had never met anyone like this. He made an impression. Really cool guy.

Another time must have been the early seventies after a midweek game, I was leaving the West stand, the last couple of stairs I stumbled and barged into the back of John Greig.

"Oh, I am really sorry" says mucho embarrassed me.

Aye , nae problem, hen", says Big JG.

Considering I had barged into him, I thought that was quite generous!

Paul Hanlon is a really nice guy

I have seen Darren McGregor at countless functions and he is a lovely guy, endless patience with fans demands for photo's, autographs and chats. The great thing is it is not an act.
    A very impressive man who is class on and off the pitch.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 21-01-2018 at 08:33 PM.