hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    A win tomorrow and its going to be lot of fun watching them unravel, I can see it being the end of Levein and with no room to change a sub standard squad for whoever they bring in with the drain on resources this signing presents, we will own the Capital

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe more accurate to say he's affordable to Hearts because of the historic debt they've had written off!

Naismith may well score tomorrow but he's no more than an industrious player and is not blessed with pace, skill or strength in any great abundance. Certainly not worth £10k a week in Scotland never mind £40k a week in England (but a lot of average players get that money in England).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    We could hammer them 7-0 again and Levein would still be untouchable. He’s going nowhere.

They have signed a decent player however this signing reeks of utter desperation.

I can guarantee if they had been playing any other PL or even lower league team then this signing would never have happened!

We will have enough to beat them.

I do wonder what style of Hoofball they will play given SN isn't the tallest!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by timewilltell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does the Scotsman not bother proof reading its articles any more?

I've always liked Naismith as a player. But I think the pundits 'massive statement of intent' chat is just what they do when non Rantic teams buy a player that the sportsound crew have heard of before. What concerns us of course, is what kind of nick Naismith is in tomorrow, after half a season of not getting a game at Norwich. There will be 19 other outfield players running into each other at ridiculous speeds on a rutted pitch... I doubt if one new player is going to make much difference either way in all the chaos.

Is this the same Naismith that Norwich fans were buzzing to see leave the club?

My only concern about Naismith tomorrow is him diving to win a penalty. He has a track record of it.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    My only concern about Naismith tomorrow is him diving to win a penalty. He has a track record of it.

He's a horrible little in your face diving **** ! Always moaning at the Ref and sly little kicks here and there , An absolute match made in heaven for Hearts, We will still beat them though as we have better players all over the park

This is a big punt by Levein. If they beat us on Sun, and they go on to overtake us in the League, it will indeed be seen as a "coup". If we beat them Sun, Levein will be hounded out.

You can smell their desperation from here

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This is a big punt by Levein. If they beat us on Sun, and they go on to overtake us in the League, it will indeed be seen as a "coup". If we beat them Sun, Levein will be hounded out.

You can smell their desperation from here
    They never learn. Took a massive gamble in the January window last year after they drew us in the Cup. Strategy has changed this time around in that the cash is all being gambled on one player.

'Hibs weren't willing to or interested in spending the entire budget for January on a player with several question marks about him'.

Probably a more accurate thread title.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Lennon needs to be careful about feeding their big team mentality. Personally I’m terrified about facing Naismith and Hearts and he should be too. I remember a similar feeling after their postponement before the hanlon derby, and I remember another feeling of overwhelming dread after they signed 9 players before last years cup game.

Given they are such an enormous club, I doubt they’d make such magnificent strategic moves purely to avoid a defeat by their city rivals. We need to just hope that our plucky band of misfits can overcome their superstars destined for bigger things.
    Naismith has an average of 4.5 goals a season over the last 10 years.

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    They have signed a decent player however this signing reeks of utter desperation.

I can guarantee if they had been playing any other PL or even lower league team then this signing would never have happened!

We will have enough to beat them.

I do wonder what style of Hoofball they will play given SN isn't the tallest!
    It's a desperate signing to try an win one game. Typical from them, and totally pathetic. Reminds me of the Old Huns signing Torre Andre Flo.

Sheer and utter desperation spending 300k on a loan. Might work but id piss myself laughing if we knock them out

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1173 View Post
    It's a desperate signing to try an win one game. Typical from them, and totally pathetic. Reminds me of the Old Huns signing Torre Andre Flo.
    Three of the worst strikers to play for the old team.
    Space to let

Desperate measures for a desperate outfit
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by BigT-Hibeez View Post
    £10k a week is what I heard..
    it is indeed

anything to beat us. Desperate.

He scored 33 goals in 140 games for the big huns. For every 4.2 games he played he scored once, in a team that was winning most weeks. I'm sure that the Hibs players are ****ting themselves right enough.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    'Hibs weren't willing to or interested in spending the entire budget for January on a player with several question marks about him'.

Probably a more accurate thread title.
    Agree with that mate

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    Naismith has an average of 4.5 goals a season over the last 10 years.
    I agree that his goals tally is low, but its in England that it falls down, in Scotland he had a far better record.

Our main worry is not to allow him to hit the ground running, first game for new team only 2 days together with them, we need no slips to let him in at the back!!!

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    Hearts are throwing money away they are that desperate to beat us. Had they had a home tie against a lower league team this deal wouldn't have happened.
    They did last year but got papped out by said team anyway :D

Obsessed with the Hibees
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    it is indeed

anything to beat us. Desperate.
    Miles away

Think people have been caught up on the story of Norwich wanting a £10k contribution towards his salary

Norwich are getting the £10k but it is being mostly subsidised by Naismith himself with Hearts paying £4K

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bruno View Post
    Miles away

Think people have been caught up on the story of Norwich wanting a £10k contribution towards his salary

Norwich are getting the £10k but it is being mostly subsidised by Naismith himself with Hearts paying £4K
    Doesn't really matter what the factual amount is whether its 20k or 4k a week being paid by the yams to Norwich. Still a very bad piece of business paying out money on so called 'marquee' signings which has been done only to try to prevent us reaching ten in a row.

Your club and particularly Potter is obsessed with us and here's hoping we end your season once more tomorrow by horsing you out the SC three years on the trot.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Here we go ten in a row

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    It'll be no different to playing Hearts when Walker was in their team !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    I agree that his goals tally is low, but its in England that it falls down, in Scotland he had a far better record.

Our main worry is not to allow him to hit the ground running, first game for new team only 2 days together with them, we need no slips to let him in at the back!!!
    His record here was 1 in 4 at a extremely dominant Rangers team was it not?

Which is hardly amazing.

Obsessed with the Hibees
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    Doesn't really matter what the factual amount is whether its 20k or 4k a week being paid by the yams to Norwich. Still a very bad piece of business paying out money on so called 'marquee' signings which has been done only to try to prevent us reaching ten in a row.

Your club and particularly Potter is obsessed with us and here's hoping we end your season once more tomorrow by horsing you out the SC three years on the trot.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Here we go ten in a row
    What’s the difference between Hibs bringing in their striker and Hearts bringing in theirs this week
    Surely it’s about getting best team you can on he park
    Would rather any player arrived first week not last of the window
    Surely you want your best players longest and we had to replace Walker
    Call it obsession or calll it wanting to win big games either way I’m happier Naismith is here now

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    What’s the difference between Hibs bringing in their striker and Hearts bringing in theirs this week
    Call it obsession or calll it wanting to win big games either way I’m happier Naismith is here now
    as would any team that signed him, lets be honest here lads!

Left by mutual consent!
    Would rather any player arrived first week not last of the window
    Surely you want your best players longest and we had to replace Walker
    Walker was easily your most skillful player who couldn't wait to get out and away from the piggery. Your club could have used the money to get rid of the likes of Malaury Martin etc and replaced them with fresher legs than those of Steven Naismith whose just another washed up ex hun type who Potter just loves to snap up.

I don't really care anyhow as long as our team turn up tomorrow and leave with ten in row in the bag.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Here we go ten in a row

Lennon's been cute in his comments, suggesting Hearts have paid over the odds.

While the Yams' chances tomorrow have improved, the pressure on them and Levien remains unrelenting and arguably greater than it was before SN signing. Expectation among the Yam players and their fans will have gone up even more than normal. The fall out could be just as entertaining as the match