hibs.net Messageboard

Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    N’Gog to RC seems like a corker of a signing and at 6’3 is he exactly what we were/are after, what happened there?
    Also signed harry souttar on loan, two good pieces of business on paper.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    They seem to manage to bring in lots of players every window so clearly have a system in place to do this A lot of them do work out for them and keep them in the top league
    But despite being in the top league for a number of years have they ever been in fourth place chasing a European position ? They seem to get stuck in bottom six

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    They are funded by the Global Energy owner.

I thought it was the lad hearts had when i first saw that.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    They seem to do the same every season. They bring in a good number of players and sign them on 6 months deals, its a policy which is designed to keep them in the top flight.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Doesnt matter who we sign, some on here will always be critical. Place was delighted when we signed Swanson cos he is a hibby, thats worked out well. Swiss guy must be ***** cos we dont know of him. Deary me. How many had heard of latapy, Zitelli, Malonga etc. Lets give the new guys a chance please

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Zitelli played in a great team who pumped Liverpool and Rangers. Latapy had pedigree too.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    David N'gog would be a great signing for any team in this division outside Celtic. He's a big target man so why weren't we interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Malonga magnificent? Our most important player?

You obviously are a big fan, no worries, but those statements are very much so biased.

You mustn't have been at Livingston away, when he missed an open goal from 4 yards, or St Mirren when he needed to be subbed after throwing a hissy fit about not getting to take a pen. Or rangers at home when he missed a sitter from 8 years, injuring himself in the process. Or his second season, where his attitude got worse and the goals dried up (minus Aberdeen - which was a great goal, but terribly defensively from the dons)

Malonga was good, I liked him, but let's not build him up to have been some kind of superstar.
    I remember that game at St Mirren, Keatings scored a hat trick and Malonga went off in the huff as you say but the fans were still singing his song as he went off. Great song.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    David N'gog would be a great signing for any team in this division outside Celtic. He's a big target man so why weren't we interested?
    Has never had a good season anywhere. Still to find his level?

Been told that we are attempting to lure a striker from a big club on loan till the end of the season.......its from my mate kev.

Usual nonsense on here. How is that players who sign for other clubs in this league are all good players, and we should have signed them. All of them. Yet when we do sign a player, he's crap, no one else wanted him, bad stats, never played for x months, wisnae good enough on FM...............and all the other guff that is constantly spouted on here.

Usually by folks who couldn't tell the difference between a back three and a fish supper.

Malonga magnificent? Our most important player?

You obviously are a big fan, no worries, but those statements are very much so biased.

You mustn't have been at Livingston away, when he missed an open goal from 4 yards, or St Mirren when he needed to be subbed after throwing a hissy fit about not getting to take a pen. Or rangers at home when he missed a sitter from 8 years, injuring himself in the process. Or his second season, where his attitude got worse and the goals dried up (minus Aberdeen - which was a great goal, but terribly defensively from the dons)

Malonga was good, I liked him, but let's not build him up to have been some kind of superstar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    His career since reflects the reality more than the misty eyed Malonga fans on here.
    There is no way I’d want him back.

Yes, I am totally biased but I loved the guy.

I remember not long before he left mentioning on a thread that he'd be the first name on my team sheet and whilst it was a bit controversial, I don't think I was alone.

Yes, there were a few incidents where he was a fanny (the tantrum in the home derby was ridiculous) but he had a touch of class, a bit of quality that could decide games. He was a bit like Stokes in many respects - inconsistent, but had a drop of the shoulder or a shuffle of feet that could turn a point into 3. He was also a lot quicker than he often appeared to be.

You can have too many players like that, but I would always have space for one.

Another thing that can be said about players who represented us in the First Division is that what they did for us then may not be the same as now. The opposition was inferior, but it was hard to break down teams as intent on defending as they were.

I suspect that a player like Malonga would thrive with a bit more space. He was a player who tended do well against stronger opposition, in cups and in particular against Sevco.
    Last edited by Smartie; 24-01-2018 at 10:14 AM.

First Team Breakthrough GillyHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Been told that we are attempting to lure a striker from a big club on loan till the end of the season.......its from my mate kev.
    Queue the "Griffiths" chants.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Correct. Another striker who struggled to score in the championship.

You're hilarious, Malonga struggled to score in the Championship? 22 goals in 42 starts for him (12 sub appearances).

If there was a young Scottish player in the Championship with that scoring record, you'd be having a go at the board for not signing him.
    Last edited by Stevie Reid; 24-01-2018 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Added the cup goals and not the appearances. Having major stat absences here

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Oh you tease!

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Will believe it when i see it in writing

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    You're hilarious, Malonga struggled to score in the Championship? 22 goals in 33 starts for him (12 sub appearances).

If there was a young Scottish player in the Championship with that scoring record, you'd be having a go at the board for not signing him.
    22 in 52 games.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Yes, I am totally biased but I loved the guy.

I remember not long before he left mentioning on a thread that he'd be the first name on my team sheet and whilst it was a bit controversial, I don't think I was alone.

Yes, there were a few incidents where he was a fanny (the tantrum in the home derby was ridiculous) but he had a touch of class, a bit of quality that could decide games. He was a bit like Stokes in many respects - inconsistent, but had a drop of the shoulder or a shuffle of feet that could turn a point into 3. He was also a lot quicker than he often appeared to be.

You can have too many players like that, but I would always have space for one.

Another thing that can be said about players who represented us in the First Division is that what they did for us then may not be the same as now. The opposition was inferior, but it was hard to break down teams as intent on defending as they were.

I suspect that a player like Malonga would thrive with a bit more space. He was a player who tended do well against stronger opposition, in cups and in particular against Sevco.
    Fair enough mate. I wouldn't have him in the first XI at the time he left, but on a forum it's all about opinions. It was malonga who wanted to leave for more opportunities apparently and missed out on two cup finals.

I actually agree that he performed better when he had more freedom and I feel he could contribute at this level, if his attitude was right. I just had to disagree he was magnificent and the first name on the team sheet.

I very much doubt we'll see him again in a hibs top. If we could get stokes focused and playing then we'd have a better option, but I highly doubt we'll see that now too!

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    22 in 52 games.

And that's struggling to score goals?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Oh you tease!

In the back of En it's the guy from grasshoppers, difficult to gauge how good he is, time will tell assuming we sign him up.

Fair enough mate. I wouldn't have him in the first XI at the time he left, but on a forum it's all about opinions. It was malonga who wanted to leave for more opportunities apparently and missed out on two cup finals.

I actually agree that he performed better when he had more freedom and I feel he could contribute at this level, if his attitude was right. I just had to disagree he was magnificent and the first name on the team sheet.

I very much doubt we'll see him again in a hibs top. If we could get stokes focused and playing then we'd have a better option, but I highly doubt we'll see that now too!
    It's funny how players can polarise opinions, from Lewis Stevenson to Jason Cummings with many others.

Malonga probably polarised opinion more than any other, and I was right at one end of the scale.

I don't think we'll see him again, and I agree about Stokes.

If we were to lose Stokes though, I'd like to see us take a punt on another mercurial, temperamental maverick who would be a gamble.

Every club needs one imo.

There are a lot of safe options who just come and go.

Must be Lafferty.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    Must be Lafferty.
    Nah, it was definitely his mate Kev

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    He’s rank rotten

People can’t surelt be saying Harry Souttar and N’Gog are good signings?

Souttar has barely played a first team game and whilst he may have potential, he has a long way to go to prove it.

N’Gog is just awful.

Left by mutual consent!
    Safe to say Boltonhibee has seen a lot more of N'gog than you so I will trust his judgement, your assumption he would be a great signing is pure guess work. I am happy we weren't interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    Must be Lafferty.
    Super Mario ( baloteli ) !

@hibs.net private member
    I think it's unfair to judge the quality of the players being brought in at this point (particularly the two strikers who have never played in the SPL).

I do however have reservations about loading the squad with short term loan signings. The guys brought in may be totally different from who we've had in the past but our activity so far this month doesn't give me the feeling of a clear, thought out transfer policy, even with the difficulties of doing business in January.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    he has only scored about 35 goals since 2006, wouldnt say thats a great signing if its goals we want

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I think it's unfair to judge the quality of the players being brought in at this point (particularly the two strikers who have never played in the SPL).

I do however have reservations about loading the squad with short term loan signings. The guys brought in may be totally different from who we've had in the past but our activity so far this month doesn't give me the feeling of a clear, thought out transfer policy, even with the difficulties of doing business in January.
    Even with all my injury/disciplinary problems we have?