hibs.net Messageboard

Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What contract would not be justified that Aberdeen feel would be?
    One that breaks our wage structure, or goes against the opinion of our medical staff?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I thought we offered him a deal, if the Dons are paying more he would be mad to turn it down.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Did we?
    Whether we did or we didn't they are exactly the types of players we should be going for.

Becoming a retirement home for fading footballers has not usually served us well in the past.

Whilst the initial outlay may be higher, I doubt that over the term of the contract it would be that much higher.

We also have the potential of developing assets to sell on, the yesterday's heroes we have signed at the other end of the spectrum are without exception past their best and physically unreliable.

Completely accept that there is a balance to be struck but IMO the balance is completely wrong

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    We don't have a lot of say in it, other than offering a contract that we can't justify.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    it is not something in our control though...as he is out of contract, he can do what he wants..
    there are pull and push factors involved in any job change.

Aberdeen isn't his Dream move - we know that. so why is he happy to trade Hibs for there, if he is indeed happy to?

Is all well at Hibs? I get the impression theres more issues than are obvious. I don't think the "Stubbs" players are maybe as happy and desperate to stay as some would think.

maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Whether we did or we didn't they are exactly the types of players we should be going for.

Becoming a retirement home for fading footballers has not usually served us well in the past.

Whilst the initial outlay may be higher, I doubt that over the term of the contract it would be that much higher.

We also have the potential of developing assets to sell on, the yesterday's heroes we have signed at the other end of the spectrum are without exception past their best and physically unreliable.

Completely accept that there is a balance to be struck but IMO the balance is completely wrong
    The value placed on ‘old heads’ is over rated imo. Our best signings are when we sign up and coming youngsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Dylan story is in the Aberdeen papers saying he is keen to sign for the dons....
    Would lose a lot of respect for him if that's the case.hibs stuck by him when he was averaging about 1 game in 4 through injury when noone else would take a punt on him.
    Last edited by pacoluna; 23-01-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    there are pull and push factors involved in any job change.

Aberdeen isn't his Dream move - we know that. so why is he happy to trade Hibs for there, if he is indeed happy to?

Is all well at Hibs? I get the impression theres more issues than are obvious. I don't think the "Stubbs" players are maybe as happy and desperate to stay as some would think.

maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I know certain players are not Lennon's biggest fans, they have respect for him but are not overly happy with him in charge, there was a feel good factor prior to and just after that cup win, I'm not so sure the squad harmony has been the same since Lennon took over.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    Would lose a lot of respect for him if that's the case.hibs stuck by him when he was averaging about 1 game in 4 through injury when noone else would take a punt on him.
    Whilst I agree with you, in my experience loss of respect wont even enter into a players thoughts, alongside the multitude of other issues under consideration.

Cash and length of contract will be determining factors.

If those are equal it will be location, playing opportunities, challenging for titles and then relationship with manager.

Have to say that if my current manager had threatened to punt me and was a bit volatile I would be looking for pastures new, especially when those new pastures were making a concerted effort to recruit me.

Everyone wants to fell wanted rather than retained to prevent discontent.

Hibs are contractually obligated to look after him.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    All's fair in love & war .... & fitba'.
    Dylan has to look after himself. If he goes, he goes. We've lost better players in the past and we replaced them. I hope he stays but I won't hold it against him if he doesn't.
    Don't look back, look forward. All will be well.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I know certain players are not Lennon's biggest fans, they have respect for him but are not overly happy with him in charge, there was a feel good factor prior to and just after that cup win, I'm not so sure the squad harmony has been the same since Lennon took over.
    This is nauseating stuff, take your nose out of stubbs's arse for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    All's fair in love & war .... & fitba'.
    Dylan has to look after himself. If he goes, he goes. We've lost better players in the past and we replaced them. I hope he stays but I won't hold it against him if he doesn't.
    Don't look back, look forward. All will be well.
    looking forward I want to retain players and build instead of letting go and replacing. Otherwise Hibs will just keep going around in circles.

I don't think David Gray has ever looked the same under Lennon, but he signed a new contract last summer - that wouldn't suggest he was too unhappy.

One of the biggest achievements we've made this season is to have won as many points as we have from losing positions. That would suggest we have a fairly resolute, committed bunch who are playing for their manager.

It would be interesting to know who might not be as happy.

Middlesbrough now in the race to sign McGinn. And it seems big Dave might actually stay according to this https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...mpression=true

This is nauseating stuff, take your nose out of stubbs's arse for crying out loud.

What a pathetic reply

Do you honestly think when new management take over everything carries on as before? Not everyone will be happy, they'll respect the manager because of who he is etc but may not be happy with how he goes about things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    McGeogh is a decent player but it all happens at least 10 metres outside the oppositions box. I can’t remember the last time I seen him any closer. As we already have Bartley playing as a holding midfielder it’s maybe time for a new approach? That alongside his injuries mean I’m no longer that worried about losing him.
    As far as him looking for what’s best for himself goes, he switched from Celtic to Rangers and back to Celtic again. He’ll have no problem going to Aberdeen if they offer him a better deal. And with his injury record he probably should chase the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm.actually.with you on this one...would love Dylan to stay but if he goes may be it will be the shake up in the midfield required
    It's all too slow and ponderous at times with zero creativity and we maybe need to change things a bit

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I was talking about this stuff before Sunday.
    Not sure what name I've plucked...
    What frenzy? I'm pretty relaxed. I can see McGeouch, Stokes and McGinn being away this week. I may be wrong but I'm relaxed either way.
    Jeezo you love a dooms day scenario don't you...

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Dylan story is in the Aberdeen papers saying he is keen to sign for the dons....
    Keen on a fresh challenge it says...that could mean anything

Left by mutual consent!
    One that breaks our wage structure, or goes against the opinion of our medical staff?
    He IMO deserves as much as we can afford, medical thing would apply for any player.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    I'm.actually.with you on this one...would love Dylan to stay but if he goes may be it will be the shake up in the midfield required
    It's all too slow and ponderous at times with zero creativity and we maybe need to change things a bit

I am getting worried about this But your last sentence is right on the money. Our midfield has become too predictable.

He IMO deserves as much as we can afford, medical thing would apply for any player.
    If our medical team think we might only get, say, 60% of games from him, we can't pay top dollar. That's the kind of information we will have, but which Aberdeen won't.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Keen on a fresh challenge it says...that could mean anything

Playing in that windy, freezing, empty stadium every other week listening to those annoying pricks singing "oh when the reds go steaming in" would be the ultimate challenge to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    I am getting worried about this But your last sentence is right on the money. Our midfield has become too predictable.
    Deep.down I think Dylan is leaving tbh in the summer...the deal is apparently on the table and I think if he wanted to stay he probably would have signed it by now...

Left by mutual consent!
    If our medical team think we might only get, say, 60% of games from him, we can't pay top dollar. That's the kind of information we will have, but which Aberdeen won't.
    For me he is worth that but that is conjecture on game time as he has played a lot more this season. Would Aberdeen not give him a medical and know how often he has played for us?

For me he is worth that but that is conjecture on game time as he has played a lot more this season.
    If the medical team are of that opinion, it isn't conjecture, though. That's my point. LD et al have to make a decision based on all known factors and opinions.

Left by mutual consent!
    If the medical team are of that opinion, it isn't conjecture, though. That's my point. LD et al have to make a decision based on all known factors and opinions.
    I can only base mine on football and it would be very bad to lose him. We do not know what the medical team think though so it is conjecture for us.

Coaching Staff
    He's not there to be their friend, coach & manage them is what he's paid to do.

Dylan is one of my favourite players. When he plays, we generally play. If he has a better offer elsewhere and wants to take it, good luck to him. I have confidence we will bring in a replacement just as good.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    In what way did we stick by him?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I don't think David Gray has ever looked the same under Lennon, but he signed a new contract last summer - that wouldn't suggest he was too unhappy.

One of the biggest achievements we've made this season is to have won as many points as we have from losing positions. That would suggest we have a fairly resolute, committed bunch who are playing for their manager.

It would be interesting to know who might not be as happy.

I would suggest that would be down to the professionalism of the players rather than playing for the management.